Page 1
Page   of 18
Page 3 Page 18

--Saaki--

IF-Dazzler

--Saaki--

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Remix was a well rounded show ... unlike MJHT - which is mostly all gloss. Remix focussed on real issues - like socio-economic divide, peer pressure, drugs, teenage dilemmas, quest for freedom, parents not getting along with children, corrupt system and so on ... they didn't attempt to fix anything. They just attempted to show the characters accept it and bond with each other ... even the side characters were so well developed. Remix was a cult classic in true sense ...

I agree with u.
But there is a lot of difference in the character sketch.
Remix was based on a "high school" drama.It is also a remake of some other show(i dont remember tht name).The original version is so popular tht anybody can copy tht as they want.It will be a hit always.Whts special it tht?I didnot like the way they portrayed the characters as i felt tht was very high-fy.Dont seem indian.

Coming to MJHT,it is more than a teen show,it is the show abt the characters who r in their graduation level.
Here,we can see the rommance & college life of a student usually seen in india.
One thing is rt tht rt now,they r focussing more on the LOVE thing.But it is not some UNREAL.
I have passed my graduation days & know abt tht.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MJHT and Remix (Page 2)" in Miley Jab Hum Tum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hey.bhaggu

IF-Sizzlerz

hey.bhaggu

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
I truly agree with LadyM and Kavya_KraZQueen but i dont seem to agree with you at all kateleode! I agree that remix's leads were extreme and that is the fiction aspect of the show but i don't agree that india's youth population couldn't connect with the show coz in fact remix is the only youth show we can actually connect with and relate too...like Kavya said, it was perfect example of reality and fiction! The story of remix revolves around teenagers life, feelings, emotions and the way they deal with it!! You are saying that remix's characters are too high-fy for indian population but currently the track in US is that Aman's father is in hospital and each and every character somehow felt aman's situation and tried to help him! I dunno about you but i have seen that in many cases! For example, my cousin's father had heart attack and i saw how her friends were with her 24*7!! That is what remix shows...the real issue and how each person responds to it!!

As far as being copied is concerned...REMIX WAS NOT COPIED! It was re-make of Erreway as every Erreway/Rebelde/Remix/Rebelde way portugal fan believes! And even if it is remake of it...we have to give credits to show's actors, producer, creatives and designers for giving such amazing style, dialouges to the characters and not alternating the track (atleast for a year)! The cast and crew of the show made it true for people to actually believe in the story and characters!Embarrassed

I totally love MJHT coz it gives me entertainment but as LadyM said,"Remix was a cult classic in true sense!" MJHT just deals with love life and some basic friendship and yes ofcourse sisters bonding but so does remix...in fact remix focused beyond these...it was also about how teenagers deal with their life and the situations one might need to face! Also remix's characters had a journey from immaturity to maturity while in MJHT, all characters are already mature but many times behave immaturely when they should not!

I am true remix fan followed by hip hip hurray and MJHT but seriously nothing can or will replace remix for me!!

Edited by -YaRa-Forever- - 25 July 2009 at 9:36pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105palak5nimrahi.luv.chocolateEloquentsonali.19281BazingaLadyMcbethmads

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@LadyM: Very well said- remix was a CLASSIC. EVERY character was well defined with proper back ground etching, parents played an important role  like they should in a teen-based show, the relationships between all the students of Maurya High was shown very well with proper dose of fun and studies. In remix, NO aspect of adolescence or youth was compromised upon, at least in the first one year of the show (I could not follow it after that because I got very busy with my studies)- there was romance, there was love,there were friendships,there were crushes, there were ego clashes- everything was balanced out quite well INCLUDING the screen time between the two lead couples. Remix was a PERFECT example of reality and fiction blending quite well UNLIKE MJHT where only ONE aspect overshadows everything else i.e. love. Like you correctly said, MJHT is gloss, its UNREAL , its not even fiction! Most importantly, every character in Remix stayed true to their original character sketches even in love. Thankfully, love did not bring any atrocious 'changes' in their original characters.

Well, what do I say about remix...it was the only serial I actually loved and actually felt was realistic..

Remix was unusual in many many ways...it was not filled with the typical middle class protagonists who go to college and change the "rich" class people's perception and make them seedha-sadha.
It was, for the first time, about those rich people themselves..and for the first time they were shown in a very real way with their highs and lows, their great points and their flaws.
That for me, made me watch the show firstly.

Secondly the music aspect as everyone has pointed out..and what I loved about remix was its interwoven script....the script vacillated b/w so many characters within a single episode itself and yet it all contributed to the bigger picture in some way or the other as every plot was sort  of inter connected.

And there was friendship, there were fights b/w the MAIN leads as well as the side ones, there was drama, there was romance, there were the parents, there were drugs, there was disillusionment, there was bonding b/w the most unlikely of people like ashi and leo and ofcourse there was music.

ne of the main things  liked was that the characters were so well rounded....they were not the best in everything they did...they had their highlights...and they had their flaws! Even the side characters were so well developed! And even the professors like RD sir were so inspirational!

Remix is perhaps the only serial which felt closer to reality for me. MJHT is just the popcorn-y side of teenage life!

The only thing I disagree about in your post and in which I feel MJHT scores (for me) is the fairness meted out to the couples. Remix was fair to both the lovelines in season one only. Season two onwards it was all downhill for one couple as they did not even show them jealous about each other's bf/gf and were totally ignored!

MJHT on the other does a wonderful job of atleast giving equal screen space to both the main couples!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ashi_maniai.luv.chocolatehey.bhagguFollowYourHeartLadyMcbethmads

sonali.19281

IF-Sizzlerz

sonali.19281

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
I loved remix...for all the above reasons quoted by kavya, lady M..each and every character stayed true to its definition even if it was nakul or sid..d sidekicks...

and I love REMIX for giving us ASHI...one leading lady..that you hardly get to see..a rebel wid d right mind..i can relate to her..as I was a lot like that in school and early yrs of college..it was one series which didnot have cliched images of a rebel or a bimbo (tia). they were both given respect.

And the best thing about REMIX was it wasnt Judgemental or Preachy. As a young adult in India let me point out I can relate to Remix characters more than the characters of MJHT..

I sincerely like MJHT for a lot of reasons but also believe REMIX was REAL and MJHT is anything but that. trust me college romance is not always like this and I mean in India if thats a case in point to be argued about

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudentLOLitaPawarashi_maniai.luv.chocolateEloquenthey.bhagguBazingaFollowYourHeart

naj7

Goldie

naj7

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Remix was a well rounded show ... unlike MJHT - which is mostly all gloss. Remix focussed on real issues - like socio-economic divide, peer pressure, drugs, teenage dilemmas, quest for freedom, parents not getting along with children, corrupt system and so on ... they didn't attempt to fix anything. They just attempted to show the characters accept it and bond with each other ... even the side characters were so well developed. Remix was a cult classic in true sense ...

Well said... Clap 

I agree with u completly.. it was pne of the most close to real shows...

All teenagers related to the show...

sannila

IF-Dazzler

sannila

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 2:42am | IP Logged
fabloussss

gr8_mms

IF-Sizzlerz

gr8_mms

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 2:47am | IP Logged
ya true..waise i like Remix n HipHip Hurray so much n after that i like MJHT

charmie_mayur

charmie_mayur

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 3:01am | IP Logged
remix was my life . ilved ashi and yuvi a lot . and even sid . nakul was cool and am still waiting for remix 2

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hey.bhaggu

Post Reply New Post

Go to top