Posted: 14 years ago
Guys,

There have been many youth shows: Dil Se Dosti, Hip Hip Hurray, Campus, Remix and now MJHT.

Of all, Remix took the spotlight a few years ago and now MJHT is all set to get into it's shoes. Remix was based mainly on music...which was the core theme of their lives. They formed a band and excelled at their shows. Somehow, 4 totally different characters got together:
Yuvi - Spoilt brat
Ashi - Rebellious
Tia - Princess
Ranveer - Macho

Similarly, MJHT characters have a unique quality in them:
Nupur - Filmy
Mayank - Studious
Gunjan - Timid
Samrat - Cool dude

Although, except for showing their teen lives, nothing is common between the 2 shows, MJHT somehow reminds me of my old love...Remix!

I can never forget Remix..it was my life in those years ..i used to wake up at 5 to watch its repeat..and with equal enthusiansm as the main telecast..i can nvere forget the songs..still listen to them very often..it ended abruptly..i didnt like that.

The one simirality is that it was also a college/school based show. I really like remix cuz it comes on Star one these days and im watching it and it's awesome and i love Tia and Ranveer even though im finding Tia a little rude these days but im sure Ranveer's love is gonna change her for sure๐Ÿ˜Š. I can't wait for all of them to fall in love already but Yuvi is already in love with Ashi but doesnt wanna realize it so now i can't for the others to do so also. Im also waiting for Arjun to enter the show very eagerly๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by robbieluvr - 14 years ago
Remix was a well rounded show ... unlike MJHT - which is mostly all gloss. Remix focussed on real issues - like socio-economic divide, peer pressure, drugs, teenage dilemmas, quest for freedom, parents not getting along with children, corrupt system and so on ... they didn't attempt to fix anything. They just attempted to show the characters accept it and bond with each other ... even the side characters were so well developed. Remix was a cult classic in true sense ...
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Remix was a well rounded show ... unlike MJHT - which is mostly all gloss. Remix focussed on real issues - like socio-economic divide, peer pressure, drugs, teenage dilemmas, quest for freedom, parents not getting along with children, corrupt system and so on ... they didn't attempt to fix anything. They just attempted to show the characters accept it and bond with each other ... even the side characters were so well developed. Remix was a cult classic in true sense ...
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘..couldnt agree more..every charecter was well developed..they knew how to hold the interest..even if the side charecters were being shown it was never boring
@LadyM: Very well said- remix was a CLASSIC. EVERY character was well defined with proper back ground etching, parents played an important role  like they should in a teen-based show, the relationships between all the students of Maurya High were shown very well with proper dose of fun and studies. In remix, NO aspect of adolescence or youth was compromised upon, at least in the first one year of the show (I could not follow it after that because I got very busy with my studies)- there was romance, there was love,there were friendships,there were crushes, there were ego clashes- everything was balanced out quite well INCLUDING the screen time between the two lead couples. Remix was a PERFECT example of reality and fiction blending quite well UNLIKE MJHT where only ONE aspect overshadows everything else i.e. love. Like you correctly said, MJHT is gloss, its UNREAL , its not even fiction! Most importantly, every character in Remix stayed true to their original character sketches even in love. Thankfully, love did not bring any atrocious 'changes' in their original characters.
Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago
i dont about remix mjht  rocks
What I like about remix...is that it was based on a theme....which was music. The love for music was common for all its lead characters. Love had a part to play as well.

MJHT has only love.......
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

I agree with u.
But there is a lot of difference in the character sketch.
Remix was based on a "high school" drama.It is also a remake of some other show(i dont remember tht name).The original version is so popular tht anybody can copy tht as they want.It will be a hit always.Whts special it tht?I didnot like the way they portrayed the characters as i felt tht was very high-fy.Dont seem indian.

Coming to MJHT,it is more than a teen show,it is the show abt the characters who r in their graduation level.
Here,we can see the rommance & college life of a student usually seen in india.
One thing is rt tht rt now,they r focussing more on the LOVE thing.But it is not some UNREAL.
I have passed my graduation days & know abt tht.

I truly agree with LadyM and Kavya_KraZQueen but i dont seem to agree with you at all kateleode! I agree that remix's leads were extreme and that is the fiction aspect of the show but i don't agree that india's youth population couldn't connect with the show coz in fact remix is the only youth show we can actually connect with and relate too...like Kavya said, it was perfect example of reality and fiction! The story of remix revolves around teenagers life, feelings, emotions and the way they deal with it!! You are saying that remix's characters are too high-fy for indian population but currently the track in US is that Aman's father is in hospital and each and every character somehow felt aman's situation and tried to help him! I dunno about you but i have seen that in many cases! For example, my cousin's father had heart attack and i saw how her friends were with her 24*7!! That is what remix shows...the real issue and how each person responds to it!!

As far as being copied is concerned...REMIX WAS NOT COPIED! It was re-make of Erreway as every Erreway/Rebelde/Remix/Rebelde way portugal fan believes! And even if it is remake of it...we have to give credits to show's actors, producer, creatives and designers for giving such amazing style, dialouges to the characters and not alternating the track (atleast for a year)! The cast and crew of the show made it true for people to actually believe in the story and characters!๐Ÿ˜ณ

I totally love MJHT coz it gives me entertainment but as LadyM said,"Remix was a cult classic in true sense!" MJHT just deals with love life and some basic friendship and yes ofcourse sisters bonding but so does remix...in fact remix focused beyond these...it was also about how teenagers deal with their life and the situations one might need to face! Also remix's characters had a journey from immaturity to maturity while in MJHT, all characters are already mature but many times behave immaturely when they should not!

I am true remix fan followed by hip hip hurray and MJHT but seriously nothing can or will replace remix for me!!
Edited by -YaRa-Forever- - 14 years ago