Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Vikrant Massey: Life beyond Balika…

He plays the manipulative and street smart Shyam in the popular television show Balika Vadhu, but the role, Vikrant Massey says, came to him purely by chance.
"I had worked with this production house (Sphere Origins) five years ago, when I shot an episode of Don with them. Then, just when I had completed work on Dharam Veer, I got a call for Balika Vadhu. They must have kept me in mind since then," he says.

The offer, he adds, actually caught him off guard. "After doing Dharam Veer, I had a near-death experience. I almost drowned on the sets once, and after that I just wanted to take a break and rest for a while.

"Balika happened in the middle of that and I was not mentally prepared for it. However, the production crew and the rest of the team have been great and really accommodating so far."

In Balika, Vikrant plays a character from the village, but says he didn't find it hard adapting to the role. "Yes, he is from the village, but in the show, my character is the only one who is educated. That's one reason I took on the role... I could relate to him, understand his motives."

He is understandably pleased with how things have gone. "I am really grateful to the almighty for the roles I've been offered... Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Ki Jo, Chittor Ki Rani Padmini and Saat Phere. But Balika I feel was in my destiny and I'm really happy with what I have today."

So any Bollywood plans? "Well, every actor wants to get into films, it is the ultimate destination. Even I want to do that, but only when I know something substantial is up," says the actor who idolises Irrfan Khan and Pankaj Kapoor. "I have never worked for money; I don't work for money and will never work for money."

So what does Vikrant do when he is not acting? "Actually, I also write scripts. I get all these ideas at three o'clock in the morning and I keep penning those down so that I can use them in the future."

On the personal front, he admits that his break-up with Sriti Jha was tough, but added that he held no grudges. "My relationship with her came to an end around eight to nine months ago. These experiences makes you stronger, wiser and more practical towards life. It was very difficult for me to cope as we had been seeing each other since school, so the end was bound to be painful. But it's OK, I wish her all the best."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090725_132

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sun-LoveAmor.IndraDagawhoa..Roarkammoos-Preeti--Frozen--aditi--madhvi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vikrant Massey: Life beyond Balika… - Article" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

subha2601

IF-Sizzlerz

subha2601

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 3:55am | IP Logged
Thax 4 posting d article.So sriti was his gf frm school days. Shocked I thought he knew her when they were doing dhoom machao dhoom.
Anyways,i am glad vikrant got such good offers.I would hv loved him in Agle janam..That's also another gr8 show.

~samy~

IF-Dazzler

~samy~

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 4:29am | IP Logged

LMAO!!  LOLLOLLOL 
This seems like an excerpt from his interview in the magazine Showtime which is 6 pages long and well this one and that one has quite a few differences to say the least LOL 
The part abt the GF .. is different LOLLOL lol
I'll post the longer version by tonite..
Thanks a lot niveditha for posting Hug

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Wow, these lines r taken from his interview in showtime.........but there r so many differences....
n moreover, the part abt his GF......they have coupled 2 things together...... he says something else abt sriti jha..... n abt the break up- that was abt his school girlfriend whom he had dated for 6 yrs.....

Pruthaxi

IF-Rockerz

Pruthaxi

Jai Shree Krishna Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 8:14am | IP Logged
What? means he brok up with his school GF?Shocked oh god so much confusion... samy pls post artical soon yaarLOL

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 8:19am | IP Logged
yaar thanx a lot for the article i loved it

AshTara

Goldie

AshTara

Posted: 25 July 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged
everyones shocked about the gf bit..LOL LOL well, i dont believe that! samy's rite. they've mixed the gf and sriti bit. so, he writes scripts at three in the morning..huh? LOL Wink  i wud love to read them for sure! Embarrassed i have this craze for waking up at nite too.Star its cool.LOL LOL lets hope he gets a chance to utilise his scripts sometime. Smile he's been offered some very good shows. thats great!! Clap Clap

Keep going Vik! love you Embarrassed

Gaga_Ape

Groupbie

Gaga_Ape

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:58am | IP Logged
hehe the fools think well get fooled by there stupid news bout his gf......these media ppl are such liers...... dont believe their crap!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top