Arent reality shows better than serials/soaps? - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago

Impressive list. Includes a lot of my favorite shows.Law & Order: SVU, Bones, CSI, Sex & The City, The X-Files, Psych, Mythbusters, Man vs Wild, Remington Steele, Murder She Wrote, Mind Your Language, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister,

Coming back to the topic, I feel that only a few reality shows like India's Got Talent on Colors are good. But most seem to be scripted. Infact, they have all the ingredients of a daily soap - drama, emotion, comedy. And why can't we have more quiz shows. I love quiz shows.

Originally posted by realitybites

The reality shows on Indian TV are a breath of fresh air amongst the forever 'shaadi'😑 soaps. My reference is towards the Indian soaps only. The no of channels have multiplied but the content is still the same. Its always theme Shaadi? Why? and do women really watch it or are the TRPs fudged up?

See ur list has all American/English showsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†. I dream of Jeannie was dubbed in Hindi and shown here.

I do live in USA, so mostly English shows. I believe they dubbed Who's the Boss, Diff'rent Strokes and some others in Hindi too.The only Hindi television channels we get is watched by my grandma which is the mind numbing shaadi soaps which make me wanna hit my wall on the head. So I have a low opinion on Hindi soaps.

I have to say I liked Kutumb and now Antara is also a good show.

@RTH

7th Heaven! Absoloutely loved the show! The characters are so distinct and the stories so interesting!

Coming to the topic,

I do enjoy reality tv, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the occassional soap opera. I think people need a bit of both. Too much reality can possbily make you glum/bored of life. Everyone needs that little fiction...an escape into the magical/surreal world to enjoy life a little more. So a good balance between the two is perfect. Currently, I love watching Kitani Mohabbat Hai, but I love watching So you think you can dance. So get a bit of reality tv and a magical love story. At the end of the day, there are 6billion people in this world, each with varying tastes. Channels understand this so we have a good number of both fake and real shows on tv.
Hasn't the shaadi theme also been incorporated into reality tv recently? Thanks to a certain Rakhi Sawant?
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I have to say I liked Kutumb and now Antara is also a good show.

Unfortunately, I watched Kutumb as well. πŸ˜† I asked Gauri di how she liked it and she said that she'd never seen it? I then asked her how she found that AV. πŸ˜†
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Unfortunately, I watched Kutumb as well. πŸ˜† I asked Gauri di how she liked it and she said that she'd never seen it? I then asked her how she found that AV. πŸ˜†

I asked her the same thing. I was all excited that she watched Kutumb, she let me down.
If you ask me, both are crap in India...

Some reality shows come up with a good concept, but watch the first two episodes and then crap starts again... *pffffftt*

I do watch some of them here and there when I get some free time, but otherwise I don't get the other channels here so can't watch the English ones... Should try finding them online, get the Indian ones on youtube but not the English or American ones... Have watched Friends and a few others though... Friends was cool, I liked Prison Break too but it started dragging after the second season... ;)
Originally posted by realitybites

The "shaadi" soaps are very popular ( dont know why) but isnt it boring to have something so banal going on endlessly for months. Same theme on most channels, isnt there a weaning factor?
Seinfeld was brilliant, outstandingπŸ‘πŸ‘ I simply loved it😳😳.

I still watch some of the reruns it is hilarious.
another funny one was "Home Improvement"πŸ˜†
LOL shaadi concept is also being introduced in many shows like Swyamber,n the last show on star plus where jodis were to satisfy their families.