Saat Vaachan Meaning Translations

Posted: 14 years ago
yaar someone can give me tips what are the saat vachan needs to be told by the bride and bridegroom during the vaachan...can someone tell me the whole saat vaachan translations what are the promises to be made.....wow i never saw this saat vaachan of a marriage in any shows not BT or even other shows....Rajanji truly great for showing this saat vaachan now i got to know my hindu custom even more better.....

naitik was looking so cute while telling one of the vaachan to akshara the look in his eyes when giving the vachan was so natural....whatever promises he gives akshara in the marriage he really mean it and he never leave her for all their 7 lifetimes.......yes he looks sad while giving it but look deeper in his eyes he really means it alot.....as for akshara no question she is upperhand on fulfilling all the kasma and vaade

yaar can someone gives me the explanations of all saat vaachan promises.....i really want to know...its easy for my future marriage when i am at the age of getting married
Here's the meaning of all seven phere..i'll try n find out saat vachan also..

Types of Seven Vows/ Saat Phere

The custom of Seven Vows/Saat Phere has had a rich historical extravaganza to it. There are a total seven vows made during the Saat Phere - the seven rounds. In the first round or phera, the couple prays to God for plenty of nourishing and pure food. They pray to God to let them walk together so that they will get food. In the second round, the couple prays to God for a healthy and prosperous life. They ask for the physical, spiritual and mental health from God.

In the third Phera the couple prays to God for wealth. They ask God for the strength for both of them so that they can share the happiness and pain together. Also, they pray so that they can walk together to get wealth. In the fourth round the couple prays to God for the increase in love and respect for each other and their respective families. The bride and groom together pray for the beautiful, heroic and noble children from God in the fifth step. In the sixth holy round around the fire, the couple asks for the peaceful long life with each other.

In the final seventh round the couple prays to god for companionship, togetherness, loyalty and understanding between themselves. They ask God to make them friends and give the maturity to carry out the friendship for lifetime. The husband says to his new wife that now they have become friends after the Seven Vows/Saat Phere and they will not break their friendship in life.

(in the first 3 phere, the groom is ahead of the bride  and in the rest 4, the bride walks ahead of the groom)
Edited by _charu_ - 14 years ago
Here u go..the saat vachan ! :)

Seven Vows

An Indian marriage is one of the most serious and scared affair in the society. This is visible from the austerity with which it is performed. A Hindu marriage in particular is all about rituals and customs. There are a number of them which are followed before and after wedding, making it an elaborate ceremony. Every ritual and rite has its own meaning cannot be done away with. However, the most important ones are preformed on the day of the marriage itself. One such custom is solemnizing seven vows or pheras. For more detail, read on.

Without exaggeration, the seven vows or pheras can be said to contain the crux of the practice of marriage. This is attributed to the fact that love marriages performed in temple, marking the holy priest and the almighty as the only witness, only consist of seven vows or pheras. These seven vows are the seven promises which the bride and the groom do to each other for a happy and prosperous life. They are bound together by an unseen bond protected by these promising words.

These seven vows are known as Saptadi, which are performed along with Mangalpheras, which is revolving around the sacred fire. Any marriage is incomplete without these vows and is deemed complete once they are conducted. On the day of the wedding the bride and the groom sit under the Mandap or the scared canopy for this ritual. The bride is seated towards left of the groom before the pheras, while towards the right after they are complete.

The Seven Vows:

Groom:
You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children.
Bride:
I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities.

Groom:
Together we will protect our house and children.
Bride:
I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely.

Groom:
May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long.
Bride:
I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste.

Groom:
You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children.
Bride:
I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can.

Groom: You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you.
Bride:
I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.

Groom:
May you be filled with joy and peace.
Bride:
I will always be by your side.

Groom:
We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity.
Bride:
As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever.

thanks for bringing this topic Mages..I'll revise the saat vachan :) At the time of my wedding, i remember pandiji telling me "the girl has to give the vachan that she will serve her husband and children..." then he said "like if ur husband asks for food and you say main abhi kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi dekh kar doongi, toh aisa na karna" ๐Ÿคฃ i remember one more vachan..he said the groom must take his wife along wherever he's going....OH GOD it was so much fun...
Originally posted by _charu_

Here's the meaning of all seven phere..i'll try n find out saat vachan also..

Types of Seven Vows/ Saat Phere

The custom of Seven Vows/Saat Phere has had a rich historical extravaganza to it. There are a total seven vows made during the Saat Phere - the seven rounds. In the first round or phera, the couple prays to God for plenty of nourishing and pure food. They pray to God to let them walk together so that they will get food. In the second round, the couple prays to God for a healthy and prosperous life. They ask for the physical, spiritual and mental health from God.

In the third Phera the couple prays to God for wealth. They ask God for the strength for both of them so that they can share the happiness and pain together. Also, they pray so that they can walk together to get wealth. In the fourth round the couple prays to God for the increase in love and respect for each other and their respective families. The bride and groom together pray for the beautiful, heroic and noble children from God in the fifth step. In the sixth holy round around the fire, the couple asks for the peaceful long life with each other.

In the final seventh round the couple prays to god for companionship, togetherness, loyalty and understanding between themselves. They ask God to make them friends and give the maturity to carry out the friendship for lifetime. The husband says to his new wife that now they have become friends after the Seven Vows/Saat Phere and they will not break their friendship in life.

(in the first 4 phere, the bride is ahead of the groom and in the rest 3, groom has to walk ahead of the bride)

thanx di now i got to know the meaning of saat pheres....now i will be waiting for saat vachan...
but in the show i don't think NaKsh did all the 7 pheres....and also akshara was leading for all the pheres whereas naitik came infront for the last....so something is different here....because i went to many marriages always the bridegroom leads the pheres when it comes to 4 phere than bride leads it...

and always this 4 phere one of the pandit explains the meaning but for me when i ask grandadda explain to me that why bride leads the 4 phere rather than the groom...its because the bride makes a promise to the groom that if death approaches to them then she will embrace it happily and will never let any harm comes to her husband....(this vaachan in saat phere came with the sati savitiri story where she saves her husband from the god of death thats where this vaachan came)
grandpa was telling me this but i don't know but here in the show itself never such explanation came but i read the shastra it states the 4th phere where bride takes permission from the groom goes infront of him and gives the promise
charu di hote hue humko kis baat ki chinta... hehehe

Here u go..the saat vachan ! :)

Seven Vows

An Indian marriage is one of the most serious and scared affair in the society. This is visible from the austerity with which it is performed. A Hindu marriage in particular is all about rituals and customs. There are a number of them which are followed before and after wedding, making it an elaborate ceremony. Every ritual and rite has its own meaning cannot be done away with. However, the most important ones are preformed on the day of the marriage itself. One such custom is solemnizing seven vows or pheras. For more detail, read on.

Without exaggeration, the seven vows or pheras can be said to contain the crux of the practice of marriage. This is attributed to the fact that love marriages performed in temple, marking the holy priest and the almighty as the only witness, only consist of seven vows or pheras. These seven vows are the seven promises which the bride and the groom do to each other for a happy and prosperous life. They are bound together by an unseen bond protected by these promising words.

These seven vows are known as Saptadi, which are performed along with Mangalpheras, which is revolving around the sacred fire. Any marriage is incomplete without these vows and is deemed complete once they are conducted. On the day of the wedding the bride and the groom sit under the Mandap or the scared canopy for this ritual. The bride is seated towards left of the groom before the pheras, while towards the right after they are complete.

The Seven Vows:

Groom:
You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children.
Bride:
I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities.

Groom:
Together we will protect our house and children.
Bride:
I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely.

Groom:
May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long.
Bride:
I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste.

Groom:
You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children.
Bride:
I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can.

Groom: You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you.
Bride:
I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.

Groom:
May you be filled with joy and peace.
Bride:
I will always be by your side.

Groom:
We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity.
Bride:
As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever.

thanx di...wow now i got to know everything about saat pheres and saat vaachans....
but di all faithfulness promises are done by wives while happiness...children ....joyness are done by husbands...this not fair yaar even they should promise they will be wafadaar...kabhi dhaaga nahin karenge...kabhi humein chodegein nahin....hamesha saath dengein har kushi aur gham par...
humein akela wafadaar..pyar karna .....woh nahin karengein kya....
Originally posted by Mages

thanx di now i got to know the meaning of saat pheres....now i will be waiting for saat vachan...
but in the show i don't think NaKsh did all the 7 pheres....and also akshara was leading for all the pheres whereas naitik came infront for the last....so something is different here....because i went to many marriages always the bridegroom leads the pheres when it comes to 4 phere than bride leads it...

and always this 4 phere one of the pandit explains the meaning but for me when i ask grandadda explain to me that why bride leads the 4 phere rather than the groom...its because the bride makes a promise to the groom that if death approaches to them then she will embrace it happily and will never let any harm comes to her husband....(this vaachan in saat phere came with the sati savitiri story where she saves her husband from the god of death thats where this vaachan came)
grandpa was telling me this but i don't know but here in the show itself never such explanation came but i read the shastra it states the 4th phere where bride takes permission from the groom goes infront of him and gives the promise

O O O  O wait ! ur right...pehle the groom leads and in the last 4 phere, the bride..lemme chk it ...

thanks for bringing this topic Mages..I'll revise the saat vachan :) At the time of my wedding, i remember pandiji telling me "the girl has to give the vachan that she will serve her husband and children..." then he said "like if ur husband asks for food and you say main abhi kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi dekh kar doongi, toh aisa na karna" ๐Ÿคฃ i remember one more vachan..he said the groom must take his wife along wherever he's going....OH GOD it was so much fun...

you must have alot of fun in you wedding๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ...yaar pandit bhi dekhte hain KSBKBT....so funny di๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†but this moments are really precious in a women's life....

di i wish you a happy married life wth jeeju....๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Herez one more article..it's explained well in this one..

One of the important features of Hindu marriages is Saat Phere or Seven rounds of a pious fire lit for the purpose. In saat phere, the groom with his right hand holds the left hand of the bride and takes steps together in rhythm with each other around the fire. First the right foot is taken forward and then the left foot amidst chanting of pious Vedic mantras. Every phera or circle around the fire has got a specific meaning attached to it and denotes a solemn vow taken which needs to be followed through out the life. Let us have a look at the meaning of each step or phera.

Step 1> A vow to earn and provide a meaningful living for the household and to avoid things that may harm them. To take all steps necessary in life to be productive and independent financially as a family.

Step 2> A vow to build, harness and develop the physical, mental and spiritual powers and to lead a healthy life style.

Step 3> A vow to earn and increase the wealthy through righteous and proper means as a way of family comfort and existence.

Step 4> A vow to acquire happiness, knowledge and perfect harmony by mutual love, understanding, compassion, companionship, faith and trust.

Step 5> A vow to lead a productive life, to have children and to be responsible for them.

Step 6> A vow to maintain self control and self discipline and to lead a healthy life.

Step 7> A vow to be true and loyal to each other and remain life long companion supporting and nurturing each other in good as well as bad times together.