Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

~Deep~

IF-Stunnerz

~Deep~

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Hey everyone!

I was planning to visit London for about 5 days or so, and was wondering if anyone could ggive any tips to what there's to do there? I've been to London before, so anything besides the usual touriststuff (London Bridge, London Eye etc)?

The Southall shopping is a must, and I heard the British Museum are having an exhibition called 'Indian Summer' which sounds like fun with workshops and stuff :)

Any other ideas? Specially for shopping or things to do/see?

Thank you :)

Btw; there's this place called East India, what's that? And is the mandir at Neasden worth the trip? :)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Things to do in London" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 5:59am | IP Logged
The mandir near Neasden is DEFINITELY worth the trip-it is WOW! It's called swaminarayan mandir and it's the biggest mandir outside India :) You might also wanna visit Hare Krishna mandir in Watford which is also reallyy big and equally beautiful. Aha yess southall is basically Mini India (make sure you go to Jalebi Junction!) They do the bestest jalebi's EVER!! :D

Considering you've already been London Eye etc, I would recommend checking out Trocadero (it's walking distance from Leiciester Square Station) it's kinda like arcades and stuff but not gambling etc, just for fun kinda games :)

Ooo OMG yess I totally forgot, make sure you check out Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush-it's the largest shopping centre in Europe! Hell it costs a bomb but they've got just about every single designer store in Europe all under one roof.

P.S: Yep, you should also check out East India, the view is beautiful! (Living here all my life, I never knew London was that pretty :| lol)
It's called East India docks and it's quite a residential kinda area but really pretty.

Have fun in London and hope I helped!

Monika__29

Monika__29

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 6:14am | IP Logged
I agree with hindu4lyf!
The Mandir is really beautiful, but at times it can be packed!

Maybe try going to some of the markets like Southall market, the Wembley one... They have got some pretty good stuff there:)

And go to the Royal Botanic Gardens, they are sooo beautiful... It would be a wonderful day out and you could just go there to relax and have a wonderful day out...
Or any of the parks like hyde park, regents park.

Go to either chessington, alton towers or thorpe park! They have some of the best rides ever ( especiallly thorpe parks "Saw"...)

If you haven't been already, go to the museums, they're really interesting!

Have a wonderful time in London!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Yeah I agree science museum is great too-loadsa fun things to do there! And best theme park has to be Thorpe Park-although I'm too scared to go on Saw O_O
Also, agree with you again, Hyde Park is a great sight too, I just hope you come during good weather as London weather has regular mood swings lol.

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 6:54am | IP Logged
I've neva been to London..so hv no clue..!

bt i hope u enjoy ur trip! Wink

Monika__29

Monika__29

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Yeah I agree science museum is great too-loadsa fun things to do there! And best theme park has to be Thorpe Park-although I'm too scared to go on Saw O_O
Also, agree with you again, Hyde Park is a great sight too, I just hope you come during good weather as London weather has regular mood swings lol.

Saws not that scary lol....the line was scarier, there are fake bullets and bangs which scare the life out of you LOLTongue

I'm hoping the weather is good this summer, and it's always good to check as one second it can be really hot and then it can pour down so pack a good range of clothes when coming.

also I forgot the zoo! and covent garden, the street performers are great...

I would recommend you to check out things on the internet,  like:

http://golondon.about.com/od/thingstodoinlondon/tp/free_London.htm

A r y a n

IF-Sizzlerz

A r y a n

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus are cool places to hang out. Quite a lot of entertainment there.
A theme park is a must. Either Chessington or Thorpe Park. I like Chessington better, but Thorpe Park does have the new Saw ride.
All the museums are worth a visit. The British Museum, Science Museum and even Tate Britain. 
Madame Tussuads - if you havent already.
For some eye candy or relaxation, go to Hyde Park, Regents Park or Kew Gardens. Beautiful places!
Go to the London Dungeons if you want a little freaky experience.
Oxford Street is obviously the best place to shop. 
Westfield Shopping Centre is definitely worth a look even if you dont buy anything.
Knightsbridge - Harrods <3
Kensington is nice to check out, because its just such a rich place man!

There's a lot of stuff :) Have fun.

Edited by A r y a n - 23 July 2009 at 8:17am

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:10am | IP Logged
The Swaminarayan mandir is beautiful, you should visit that
Spend an afternoon a park like Hyde Park, they have lovely gardens and fountains, and you can do on the pedal-boats
If you like rides then definitely Thor[e Park
And if you like shopping go Oxford street/Regent Street - the shops there are enormous
Harrods is really expensive but you might as well go have a look
There's some good museums like Science Museum, british Museum, V and A, and then there's museums for anything you might like e.g. transport, fashion etc so have a look on the internet
I dont know if you've been but if not definitely Madame Tussauds and Planetarium
And if you like Southall then also go ealing Road in Webley or Green Street in Forestgate
Have loads of fun :)
~TJ~

Post Reply New Post

Go to top