abladabla thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
From msn web-site

Tired Kareena all set to take a break
Source: Subhash K Jha, IANS.   

Kareena Kapoor, who has been working almost continuously since she debuted in "Refugee", is all set to take a three-month break.

"I've been shooting almost non-stop ever since I came to the industry with 'Refugee'," Kareena told IANS even as she was shooting for Priyadarshan's new film co-starring Salman Khan.

"Last year, I had five to six releases, and now this year I have 'Bewafaa' coming up in February, followed by Satish Kaushik's 'Milenge Milenge', for which I just shot for two weeks with Shahid Kapur in Dubai. Now don't you think I've earned myself a break?"

This week she leaves again for Dubai to perform at the Global Indian Film Awards where she's been nominated for best actress for her role in "Chameli".

"I was happy to be nominated in both the best actress and best supporting actress categories for the Screen awards. 'Chameli' was a very special film for me," she sighs.

Kareena was nominated by Screen for her performances in Govind Nihalani's "Dev" and Mani Ratnam's "Yuva".

"That feels good. I didn't have much of a role in either 'Dev' or 'Yuva'. And yet, if I get appreciation for these performances from someone like Shabana Azmi who just couldn't stop praising me, I feel somewhere I must be making the right moves."

Her resplendent face lights up. "Shooting with Shahid in 'Milenge Milenge' was fun.

"It's very important to share a high comfort level with your co-star. That's why I enjoy working with Akshay Kumar. We look terrific together in 'Bewafaa', my next release."

"He's a wonderful guy. I've known him from the time he was my sister's co-star and I'd just hang around her sets hoping some day I'd be doing what she is...Likewise Salman. He's known me from the time I was a child. He was my sister's co-star and now he's mine...I'd miss shooting with him for Priyan's film."

Looking ahead, she sighs: "I haven't really decided what I'm going to do for the next three months. I've never had such a long layoff from work before. I don't know whether I'd get bored after a while. But I didn't want to be part of any film that wouldn't take me beyond what I've already done. After working with the likes of Mani Ratnam, Sudhir Mishra, Govind Nihalani and Dharmesh Darshan, I've to be careful about what I do next.

"Harry Baweja's film launching his son will be my next film. So as of now I'm just going to relax, take a holiday, go for a walk, catch up with friends whom I've been ignoring for so long...and spend time with my sister (Karisma) who's going to be a mother in March."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
Methinks she's taking a hiatus to get over the sniggers, whispers, jabs, barbs and chuckles that have accosted her since the MMS clip went public... who can blame her!!
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail

thanks for sharing 😊

the only thing i liked about this article was that karisma is going to be a mother soon...thats a good news! 😊

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail
btw she better take a break coz am fed up of seeing her all the time evrywhere and that too when she is not among my even top 10 indian actresses...🀒
*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IMP TNG

btw she better take a break coz am fed up of seeing her all the time evrywhere and that too when she is not among my even top 10 indian actresses...🀒

ohh come she is the best
Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article
*Anjali* thumbnail
thank God she's taking a break.  I feel like I need a break from seeing her and hearing her brag nonstop πŸ€’