Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

aviation-ca

Goldie

aviation-ca

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged
I had posted this as part of another topic, but will appreciate all inputs... please please  Big smile....

One of my cousin is marrying Marwari girl and they are insisting full their style wedding (we are S.Indina brahmins)... my aunt is watching this to find out what rasams etc. since apparently they want to do every riti-riwaz according to them and our style is soooo diffferent that we have no clue, absolutely, do they have morning or evening weddings? What kind of gifts are expected?? Everyone talks of Shagun, what is it exactly? What is the haldhi ritual, and the first one of pagdhi?? The wedding is for Dec end, my uncle and aunt are also negogiating what of our rituals to do also? Also, in ours when a boy is getting married the jenu goes from 3 threads (brahmachari) to 6 (sansarik), but here they showed Naitik with only 3 threads, my aunt is now totally confused...

The issue is they have reluctantly agreed to this wedding and my uncle & aunt don't want to rock the boat and want to make sure that their son is happy...

Guys this is excellent format to let me know which rasams are bogus and which are real.... I will let my aunt kow... Thank you all in advance....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marwari wedding" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aviation-ca

Goldie

aviation-ca

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged
No replies Cry   ok, we will muddle through the wedding... I was hoping for atleast couple of some inputs....

sharmili

Groupbie

sharmili

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:34am | IP Logged
HI,
I am  Hindu and married a catholic indian.  As regards to rituals, my parents did their side of rituals,means  We did haldi for me,  good bharai,  etc  and shaadi was done hindu way,The boy side did not do anything,besides being part of it.
As regards to shagun,  Mostly grls family give out the gifts  and boy side bring stuff to bride...what ever they want to.....includes clothes and jewelary mainly.

And once Hindu marriage was done, when we cam to my susral, they did their rituals.

Well don't know much about the the janeu....but we do have that for boys only.

Can't your aunt and uncle sit down and have a talk with grls' parents and figure out what they have to do or bring etc etc

aviation-ca

Goldie

aviation-ca

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Thank you Sharmili, yeah it would be easier all around if everyone is openminded about this and sat down to hash it out. Apparently the girls parents had come couple of weeks back but they are not happy with the situation of their daughter marrying out of their background,,,, yes hard to believe in this day & age...

discussions went south, the only decision they came to was the wedding is going to be their style, start to finish... my impression is that they are hoping to convince their daughter to break this rishta..

My uncle & aunt to preserve their son's happiness are willing to go to any lengths for this and want to keep communications to minimal

But thank you for your reply...

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Lata had posted a message sometime back which had all the detailed rasms mentioned..i'll search for it n let u know :) i can only tell u abt the punjabi weddings..no idea abt marwari customs :(

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:37pm | IP Logged

aviation-ca

Goldie

aviation-ca

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Thanx Charuji... you are a brick... will check it out and forward to my aunt.... if the wedding goes through.... I swear in this day & age, it is worse than any soap opera... I sometimes think, it is better if my cousin elopes with his fiancee... so much faltu tension... my aunt was saying the other day that typically getting son married, you are in drivers seat, but here all ulta-pulta.... it isn't that my cousin is some loafer... he is an Engineer, has a good job, patta nahi what the issue, esp. if both parties are agreeable...

hide

IF-Rockerz

hide

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _charu_

Lata had posted a message sometime back which had all the detailed rasms mentioned..i'll search for it n let u know :) i can only tell u abt the punjabi weddings..no idea abt marwari customs :(

your memory is too good charu..!!!Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top