Rules & Announcements

I-F Multiple PM option and more...

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi All,

Multiple PMs with Search

First thing first that you have been asking for  and has always been the most asked feature on India Forums by our members so here is the Good news that we are starting Multiple PM with Search this Wednesday 22nd July 2009. The PM service might have to stopped for few minutes (around 15mins) while we change the whole system to Multiple PM.

We are also introducing the Search PM feature through which our members can search PMs by Member name, PM Title, or the content of the PM. There were couple of issues that we needed to address to switch from the current PM system to the newer due to which it took us some time.

Bollycurry.com Celebrities Wallpapers

There have been quite a few interesting developments at Bollycurry.com which has recieved good recognition and support within the industry. And in a short time we have over 30,000+ hi quality wallpapers and photos of your favorite Celebrities and Movies thanks to all the Production houses, PRs, Celebrities and my friends at India-Forums.com. 😊

To download the wallpaper in your screen resolution you need to login on to the site. If you already a IF member you do not need to re-register on Bollycurry and simply use your IF username and password.

There is also Forum Codes / HTML embed code available for the galleries for the people who have their own personal blog or part of other forums and share it with their friends quite easily. Just like how I am pasting it here:

More Kites Photo Gallery

Some of the other stuff that we are working on and planning to roll out in the next 20 days are:

a) Bollycurry.com Mobile site (http://m.bollycurry.com)

It will allow the site users to check the latest bollywood news, videos for mobile (for the moment we would be putting it in 3gp format and other formats will be added soon), wallpapers and stills.

b) Facebook Integretion:

I am sure today many of us do have a facebook / orkut / myspace account and we are working on a way where you can even login to India Forums using FaceBook / Orkut account and see which all friends are already on India-Forums.com and would like to connect with them and share your views / comments you put on India Forums.com on Facebook / Orkut.

c) TellyBuzz Mobile Site (http://m.tellybuzz.com)

This is going to be the first Mobile site made dedicatedly for the Indian Television and would be your quick way to access all the latest news and videos.

Please feel free to post your suggestions on how we can make IF a better place or if you have any feedback on any of the features you liked or not liked at all then please do let us know. We are listening to you.

Many times I know few do feel that its no point posting feedbacks when they are not being implemented and I would just like to add here that we do go through every post you make on my topics and we are trying to do what we can do best with the limited team size and the resources available.

UPDATE (July 22, 2009 - 9:40PM IST):

We are working on the PM Migration to the new tables and due to the size of the data and running it on a Live Database is taking some time. We would keep you updated on this thread on Multiple PM feature getting active today.

Cheers,
Vijay 😊
IF Dev Team / Cyberax

Edited by vijay - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikasha. thumbnail
Woohoo Vijay Bhaiya! That's awesome! So the multiple PM option will be free to use starting on Monday?
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Nikasha-

Woohoo Vijay Bhaiya! That's awesome! So the multiple PM option will be free to use starting on Monday?

Coming Wednesday 22nd July 2009
-SilentLove- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This is great especially the PM service!

Btw i sended you a PM regarding siggy box problem, like look at our siggy boxes, why is there space between them when we put the codes together? Its annoying me a lot for the past months and it is still not solved, can you please do that?

Also i was thinking of increasing siggy character, it is even hard sometimes to put 4 siggies and many people write texts so can you please increase

Do like 250 or lesser then that like 240 or 230, i am sure no one will misuse it still since 4 are like enough for a siggy box

Please reply soon, i am waiting!
cool_pisces thumbnail
Superb feature
Thanks a lot for this, it will save so much time for us fanfic writers
Cant wait till it is fully activated
Yippeeeeee IF just got better ppl
Love Mini
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
awesome especially the search for pms !!! i keep struggling going through several pages!!

multiple pms is  a blessing too!!

but can we block few ppl from sending spam pms??

could that be incorporated ????
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Multiple Pms it was needed Badly this will be the best feature till now as it will make thw work more easy as somtimes we have to send so many pms and this will be a great helpppp..... thanks will add mu suggestions later!!!πŸ˜ƒand forthe serach pms it will be also awesome...

One thing there has been prob iwith like buttin from 2 -3 days but it has been ok now...IF is being stucked sometimes we can see blank page for sometime...πŸ˜•πŸ˜•have  noticed itπŸ˜•
Edited by Sano88 - 14 years ago
Angelic_A thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Great news. This multiple feature and especially the search PM feature was needed.

I have another suggestion.. can we have IF slambooks back.. that feature was good to get to know the members.. especially if you are posting topics like member of the week, birthday posts ect.. 
Dark Love thumbnail
YAYY! Thank you so much!

--

Wondering though, how will the multiple PM feature work?

Will we able to create multiple lists, i.e one could be "Readers of Example FF" and drag members into that? Or something similar?

--

Another thing was the "Like" button notices in our emails. Is there a way to disable the notifications for that? 😳
Edited by Dark Love - 14 years ago
shininggal2008 thumbnail
wow.. i m excited for that....
thanks a lot for that