Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by Summer3

Yes, but some men are also trying not to pay a fair compensation to the wife.
Personally do u think a man should never divorce a woman, but a woman may divorce a man.

personally i believe a divorce should be a mutual decision based on unselfish reasons ! But i guess religious rules also play a major role in such things....so can't argue much on that.......

I think the Catholics do not allow a man and a woman to divorce, if I am right.
But yes it is very complicated sometimes. If we cannot be at peace with ourselves then it is hard to be at peace with anyone else.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Divorce through sms allowed? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

in hinduism also we do not have word even called divorce. its only the indian law which provides for a divorce.
Yes in ancient times we never hear of a divorce in Hinduism. But times have changed and so the social customs and behaviour.
 They also had "Sati" a practise of wife following the husband to his death. Fortunately this practise has been stopped as it is not practical these days especially in cases where there is a huge age difference.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 12:11am | IP Logged
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/SE%2BAsia/Story/STIStory_405955.html

In Malaysia they cane muslim women for drinking even if she is from another country. So please take note.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:03am | IP Logged

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:11am | IP Logged

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/SE%2BAsia/Story/STIStory_405955.html

In Malaysia they cane muslim women for drinking even if she is from another country. So please take note.

eeeeeeeeeeeeksssssDead  i seriously think from now on people should really think 100 times before going to a muslim country to work or live even for a trip.

The law is only applied on all muslims no matter where they come from ( it is okay if u are a non-muslim).
Some laws in Malaysia are quite strict, for eg. a muslim unmarried lady and a man (from any race or religion )are not allowed to be alone together in close proximity ( eg. at a hotel room etc). They will be charged, they call it "kalwat".

But in some countries the law is  applied on all persons equally.
Sometimes it is the law makers, politicians and religious leaders who are unreasonable,
the general public and persons on the street are good and nice. 
yes it is good to know the laws of certain countries and comply with them.

Personally I think all rules and regulations should be applied fairly to all people; as far as possible.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:58am | IP Logged

well what i want to say over here is that just like in catholics divorce is not allowed, in any of the hindu scriptures there are not comments on divorce.
secondly this is a misconception abt sati. it is a practice not a custom. one women jumped in fire bcoz she could not live without her husband so all wanted to prove that their DIL and Daughters r that much dedicated to their hubbys so they started this custom. it is by no way mandatory if u go purely by our scriptures.

as far as this divorce on sms is concerned even i have the same question, like how can u say that the husband only typed the sms or did not type it at a gun point. so i think its not a good thing to be allowed.

Yes sati was a custom, but in olden days I believe most of the ladies were expected to practise it.
Even now we still read about women being burnt because of adequate dowry being paid.
Apart from these there are several wrong doings everywhere.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top