Divorce through sms allowed? - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Soon we shall have people marrying over SMS, not ever having seen the person on the other side.

However, if the reason for this uproar is judged off of Islam, there is a significant reason for a man saying that he wants a divorce three times. Text, email, or speech, I think it is the intention that counts. I personally think that a person would think twice before texting anything, rather than blurting it out verbally.
Originally posted by Summer3

Cloddy Bhai be careful as there are some women who aspire to be the second wife or mistress or lover etc. So if the husband is involved with such ladies, then it is very hard for the husband to get out of their clutches. He cannot tell the wife or face her, so he will sms the wife and then throw the phone away.😆

😆😆😆i guess in such a case , the woman should be happy to be relieved of such a husband !

Forword this SMS ,atleast 3 married persons....Luck will come with in 7 days!!😉

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Soon we shall have people marrying over SMS, not ever having seen the person on the other side.

However, if the reason for this uproar is judged off of Islam, there is a significant reason for a man saying that he wants a divorce three times. Text, email, or speech, I think it is the intention that counts. I personally think that a person would think twice before texting anything, rather than blurting it out verbally.
Yes, Poor religion gets blamed for everything.
Often devious people interpret things to suit themselves. 
Originally posted by clodpolish

😆😆😆i guess in such a case , the woman should be happy to be relieved of such a husband !

Yes, but some men are also trying not to pay a fair compensation to the wife.
Personally do u think a man should never divorce a woman, but a woman  may divorce a man.
Originally posted by Summer3

Yes, but some men are also trying not to pay a fair compensation to the wife.
Personally do u think a man should never divorce a woman, but a woman may divorce a man.

personally i believe a divorce should be a mutual decision based on unselfish reasons ! But i guess religious rules also play a major role in such things....so can't argue much on that.......

Originally posted by clodpolish

personally i believe a divorce should be a mutual decision based on unselfish reasons ! But i guess religious rules also play a major role in such things....so can't argue much on that.......

I think the Catholics do not allow a man and a woman to divorce, if I am right.
But yes it is very complicated sometimes. If we cannot be at peace with ourselves then it is hard to be at peace with anyone else.
in hinduism also we do not have word even called divorce. its only the indian law which provides for a divorce.
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

in hinduism also we do not have word even called divorce. its only the indian law which provides for a divorce.
Yes in ancient times we never hear of a divorce in Hinduism. But times have changed and so the social customs and behaviour.
 They also had "Sati" a practise of wife following the husband to his death. Fortunately this practise has been stopped as it is not practical these days especially in cases where there is a huge age difference.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/SE%2BAsia/Story/STIStory_405955.html

In Malaysia they cane muslim women for drinking even if she is from another country. So please take note.