Debate Mansion

Living relationship Vs Marriage (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 7

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 7

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

I fail to understand why any gal in her rt mind wud want to go in for a liv n relatnshpConfused
my view too

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Living relationship Vs Marriage (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
any society in any part of the world in my opinion is based on family.  what married does is make two people into relatives.  even if one doesnt value the emotion and spiritual bond, there are alot of practical things one cant do if your not married.

i dont have anything against a temporary live in relationship.  two people want to know if they can live under same roof, want to spend more time together....whatever.  i do feel that if you are going to have children then you should be married because no matter where you live, the number of married couples is much more then unmarried.  and for a 5 year old child, it be hard to understand why everyone elses parents are married and not his/her

@shamboo-i dunno wut you mean by the western system becuz the percent of living relationships is still much less than married relationships even in the west.  and most people that are in living relationships end up marrying someone at some point.  and we arent living in the middle ages, property&money can still be protected even if u are married and a father is never excused from his parental duties simply bcuz he wasnt married to the mother.  its called child support

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by the_Naked_face

So,

Whats your thoughts on Living relationship against marraige? what are the advantages, disadvantages..and what do you prefer and why?

My thoughts later.

Xoxo

Living relationship is very common in the west and is also practised is most modern societies.
In some western societies often by the age of 18 the kids are kicked out of the house and asked to survive on their own; so this can promote living relationships as the kids will be away from the watchful eyes of the parents.

to say that they are kicked off is unfair, many kids want to leave their parents house by themselves without being kicked off by their parents. and with or without the watchful eye of the parents, parents nowadays in western countries do not mind if their sons or daughters are living with someone else or having a live relationship with someone else.

Edited by rongna - 05 September 2009 at 11:17pm

Shambo

Groupbie

Shambo

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RandomSquared

any society in any part of the world in my opinion is based on family.  what married does is make two people into relatives.  even if one doesnt value the emotion and spiritual bond, there are alot of practical things one cant do if your not married.

i dont have anything against a temporary live in relationship.  two people want to know if they can live under same roof, want to spend more time together....whatever.  i do feel that if you are going to have children then you should be married because no matter where you live, the number of married couples is much more then unmarried.  and for a 5 year old child, it be hard to understand why everyone elses parents are married and not his/her

@shamboo-i dunno wut you mean by the western system becuz the percent of living relationships is still much less than married relationships even in the west.  and most people that are in living relationships end up marrying someone at some point.  and we arent living in the middle ages, property&money can still be protected even if u are married and a father is never excused from his parental duties simply bcuz he wasnt married to the mother.  its called child support

Prove it.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 07 September 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
we are having all these debates of living relationship vs marriage. this is perhaps due to the fact that living relationship is still seen in a negative point of view by the indians, yet this is not seen as negative or not according to norm any longer by the westerners or at least most westerners. the next generations of india will also perhaps not see it as something strange or weird and will not make it so big of an issue like we do or like our parents do.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top