Debate Mansion

Living relationship Vs Marriage (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I love using Friends as an example. Actually we covered Friends in one of our market research classes. It maybe a sitcom and exaggerated. However, it was the most well researched and accurate portrayals of urban Gen X in the nineties - their social behaviors and culture.

oh alright !

yeah actually,they do exaggerate but the small points they keep exaggerating , you can't help but feel connected to it !Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Living relationship Vs Marriage (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

[quote]Marriage is against nature. You can be certain only of this moment that is in your hands. All promises for tomorrow are lies -- and marriage is a promise for your whole life, that you will remain together, that you will love each other, that you will respect each other till your last breath. And these priests, who are the inventors of many ugly things, say to you that marriages are made in heaven. Nothing is made in heaven; there is no heaven. If you listen to nature, your problems, your questions will simply evaporate

If you are attracted to something which is a challenge to get. You see a beautiful man, a beautiful woman; you are attracted. Nothing is wrong in it. You feel your heart beating faster. You would like to be with this woman or man, and the attraction is so tremendous that in that moment you think you would like to live with this woman forever.

intelligent world, people will love, but will not make any contracts. It is not a business! They will understand each other, and they will understand the changing flux of life. They will be true to each other. The moment the man feels that now his beloved holds no joy for him, he will say that the time has come to part. There is no need for marriage, there is no need for divorce. Then friendship will be possible. You ask me why friendship is not possible between men and women.... Friendship is not possible between the jailer and the imprisoned.

Copy rights to- Osho

[\quote]

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Oh that's a highly interesting one!!

Marriage! I'd go for Marriage anyday... I won't rant on and on about how we have our cultures and traditions and so on as Indians (though am in Mauritius, lets consider it the same thing) because as SRK so beautifully says in Swades, just because another community or country has its own set of culture and traditions differing from ours that we do not agree with, why should we assume they are wrong without even knowing them?? I'd go along those lines as well...

I, for one, don't agree with the concept of live-in relationships... As I said once in one my posts out there: If it truly is True Love, then why is marriage seen as shackles? Why do the couple talk about not wanting to go through the shackles of marriage? Doesn't live-in relationship equate to the notion of fear? Fear that at least if the person leaves you someday and goes away, you can still move on unattached and "free'?....

I agree with Sarina on Amrita's dialogue in Ishq Vishq, my friends know, that's one of my favourite dialogue of all time " Agar Aap Ka Pyaar Jaana Chahe, To Usse Jaane Do... Agar Woh Laut Ke Aye, Toh Woh Tumhara Hai.... Warna Yeh Samjhlo, Keh Woh Tumhara Kabhi Tha Hi Nahin".... But two things... Firstly I don't agree when Sarina talks about how live-in relationships keeps someone free... But that again comes down to our POV! It doesn't mean that someone in a live-in relationship automatically has trust because she/he wants to stay despite being free... I see it more like staying in fear of, that someday, there might, I repeat there might be someone else to take away that place... If someone is truly in love, he could still be married and not feel bounded by duty to stay at all... Or otherwise the divorce rate wouldn't be so up there today!! Lol....

I feel Marriage doesn't keep you bounded, infact, it just increases the trust between you and your partner many notches up!!... Moreover, in today's world, its not as if, and that apllies to any country in the world except a few still higly orthodox villages, any spouse would feel the "duty" to stay if he/she is not happy in the marriage... Also, the problem about the kid... On a personal front, I'd rather be a Divorcee with kids, than an unwed mother with kids... Matter of opinion again!!... Lol

Lets just say, I also wouldn't want to miss that once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully) chance of getting married... Afterall, every girl dreams of her wedding day and wedding night!... I am just one of the many!!....

Great topic again!!....

Cheers,
Sneha

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Live in reltn is like a trial period whereas marriage is a commitment

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 11:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneha0601

Firstly I don't agree when Sarina talks about how live-in relationships keeps someone free... But that again comes down to our POV! It doesn't mean that someone in a live-in relationship automatically has trust because she/he wants to stay despite being free... I see it more like staying in fear of, that someday, there might, I repeat there might be someone else to take away that place... If someone is truly in love, he could still be married and not feel bounded by duty to stay at all... Or otherwise the divorce rate wouldn't be so up there today!! Lol....

I am not sure that you are taking what I mean by 'unconditional and free' love in the same context. Could you please explain what did you take my interpretation to be. Based on that I will clarify further. Smile

saatphereizcool

saatphereizcool

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
if you're gonna be in a living relationship, you're gonna be doing all the things that married couples do. SO WHY NOT JUST GET MARRIED?

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top