Page 4 Page 5

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by sneha0601

. Before we had sensible movies, great actors and watchable scenes

I think there are more sensible movies nowadays and acting standards have also improved. However if one is talking in terms of percentage, i am not so sureLOL

Hey CP!! Tongue

Acting standards have definitely improved, even if my mum doesn't think likewise... I've watched many of those old movies believe me!! What they did then could be anything, it was certainly not acting!! Plurrrzzzz..... Oh maybe overacting then!!! LOLLOL

Some directors here and there do come up with rational, and sometimes marvellous storylines! That's exactly what I am saying... Why can't it be more often!!....

And what do you mean when you say in terms of percentage? Big smile I mean I don't know if I got it the way you meant it.... Care to explain?? Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood and Tellywood today? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yeah

There are people out there who enjoy what  you would call 'crap'. Not to say that I would...but considering that these woods produce thousands of movies a year, each one cannot be a gem or memorable. I think you need a mix of non-sensical and intellectual movies.

About TV shows...i've only ever been hooked on to two. The rest are for dinner accompaniments. And just as a personal note...I don't think Bidaai is a good serial. Kitani Mohabbat Hai now that's a different story.

I find it quite awkward though that hindi movies that work boast of concepts in stark contrast with the concepts of which popular hindi tv shows boast. Somewhere there are different expectations for what should be on the big screen and what should be on tv.

Wink  Hii emmm Yeah!....

Oh well, definitely, there certainly are people who enjoy crap, there no other explanation for KI to have been declared a blockbuster recently.... Oh please don't go after the 'crap' example too... That's the latest one that came to my mind.... Wink I fully agree each one cannot be a gem!! But why can't it one be a memorable one? Why can't it? We are not asking for excellent stuff each Friday at those theatres, or daily on the TV screens.... But at least, a set of programs of movies that's worth spending money, and most importantly time on it nah??

Oh yeah I've heard how Bidaai is fast declining.... KMH I really can't comment, I have watched only one or two scenes.... Big smile

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

I dunno, I am just unable to generalise that way. There are STILL good movies and good TV shows, it's upto the consumer to choose, I always make sure I choose the best (according to me). If I don't like something I won't watch it lol. But I agree that the quality of entertainment  is getting worse with each passing day (not saying that there no more good shows/movies, just that they are in a smaller number than before.)

Hi VirgoVixen.... No idea if we've interacted before, but as far as my memory helps me, no.....Wink

I don't believe otherwise, thereby my examples given in the post of good movies or shows dear.... I do agree any reasonable person would choose for the best, and go for it... Only a fool would sit down for everything that goes on on TV these days.... Anyway, who has the bloody time?? LOL

Maybe they are smaller in numbers, maybe those who should be given a chance are not.... Maybe good storylines are rejected for 'blockbuster' ones or 'TRPs' ones.... LOL

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Movies are generally made based on what the producers think the public wants. It is mostly profit motivated.

Mostly.... Certainly not!!... I'd say always... LOL

Once in a blue moon, you have one director who comes up with a show or movie not thinking at all about its success.... Wink But then they say, those who find success are usually the ones who were too busy looking for it... I wonder how true is that in this particular field!! Confused

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujal_Fan_No1

I think that it is getting worst, the thing that i dont really like in the movies r that they start doing things that rnt gna happen in real life, i mean wer r u going to get a guy on a motor bike jumping over a fast moving train and doing backflips in the airLOL?????. And the storylines and everything r just getting bad.

LOL

I actually laughed out loud when I read this believe me!!!

Hii Sujal_Fan_No1

Looks like you love the 'Aamir' man.... Maybe that one would go in your list of good movies!!... Wink

True, however, I don't mind fiction cinema... As long as it is sensible cinema you see... Lets take one so famously talked of this kind of movie, especially because its hot in the news.... Harry Potter!! See you still wouldn't get persons flying on brooms or traveling through chimneys, but we still enjoy watching it sanely don't we?? Wink

LOL

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by sandy14

Yes, I do find the movies and TV shows degrading each passing day. But then, there comes escapism. People look to TV and movies to de-stress. And escapism is the best way. After a stressful day, one does not want to encounter the same harsh realities in TV shows and movies.

But,  there needs to be a limit, specially in case of TV shows. They shouldn't really send you back to the dark ages, with their regressive views.

actually ya the shows like those melodrama serials where u really want to pull ur hair or break the TV set just really need to give a break. some reality shows r nice. i watch only songs and cartoons. hehe my shinchan.

And here Mum keeps complaining I watch Cartoons at this age....LOLLOL I swear that is one thing I would never stop my children to do at whatever age... Cartoon is THE most relaxing form of television to watch.... No second doubts on that!! Wink

But on a more serious note, when I look at what they have done to cartoons to nowadays, especially when I heard of some of those cartoon-based sadistic (couldn't find a better word) pictures or videos on certain websites I get scared.... I prefer my Tom and Jerry days man!!....

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandy14

Yes, I do find the movies and TV shows degrading each passing day. But then, there comes escapism. People look to TV and movies to de-stress. And escapism is the best way. After a stressful day, one does not want to encounter the same harsh realities in TV shows and movies.

But,  there needs to be a limit, specially in case of TV shows. They shouldn't really send you back to the dark ages, with their regressive views.

Maybe the dark ages were better!!... At least people were against showing anything on TV.... One of the most harmful by-products is piracy on the net, and those who have access to it!!>.... Unfortunate, but true... I can't blame it like a hypocrite though... I watch some of the shows I like on the net too!....

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saatphereizcool

its all about hollywood baby ;)
lol
jk
wait no..im jk about jk
anyways, i agree that bollywood is becoming a little to out there, if u know what I mean. I watch old movies, and kissing is like an OMG!!!!!!! now theres a bed scene in all of them.
It takes the meaning out of movies.

Hii saatphereizcool! Tongue

I didn't exactly grasp what was jk about.... if you'd care to explain please??

Not in all of there now.... In fact I think, over the past one year and a half or so, that's decreased drastically from movies, or at least show casted in a better way... At least better than it was sometime ago.... New York had one, that doesn't make the movie a bad one you see, on the contrary... But yeah it could easily have been avoided its true... Maybe to show the emotions better, but then those emotions are meant to be private nahh? Good deviation from the topic.... Are those scenes necessary in movies?? LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top