Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood and Tellywood today? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Eventide

Eventide

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 5:20am | IP Logged

Yes, I do find the movies and TV shows degrading each passing day. But then, there comes escapism. People look to TV and movies to de-stress. And escapism is the best way. After a stressful day, one does not want to encounter the same harsh realities in TV shows and movies.

But,  there needs to be a limit, specially in case of TV shows. They shouldn't really send you back to the dark ages, with their regressive views.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 5:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by sandy14

Yes, I do find the movies and TV shows degrading each passing day. But then, there comes escapism. People look to TV and movies to de-stress. And escapism is the best way. After a stressful day, one does not want to encounter the same harsh realities in TV shows and movies.

But,  there needs to be a limit, specially in case of TV shows. They shouldn't really send you back to the dark ages, with their regressive views.

actually ya the shows like those melodrama serials where u really want to pull ur hair or break the TV set just really need to give a break. some reality shows r nice. i watch only songs and cartoons. hehe my shinchan.

You know what's funny, I used to really like family dramas (well not about regressive stuff)Confused
But stuff where the family does things together etc. lol
cos I had shifted to US from India..and was really missing my extended over there..so used to watch family soaps to feel at homeLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

saatphereizcool

saatphereizcool

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
its all about hollywood baby ;)
lol
jk
wait no..im jk about jk
anyways, i agree that bollywood is becoming a little to out there, if u know what I mean. I watch old movies, and kissing is like an OMG!!!!!!! now theres a bed scene in all of them.
It takes the meaning out of movies.

saatphereizcool

saatphereizcool

Posted: 22 July 2009 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
dont know too much about tellywood. I kinda speak punjabi. ;)

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

for me first they r both means of entertainment so far as they r doing tht all is fine of course there r limits to everything. but this limit keeps deviating with time.
if with entertainment they can give some mag then well and good but first they should be entertaining.

So does it mean that use entertainment as an excuse to thrash the whole population's minds? I seriously mean that... Indeed right when you say this keeps deviating from time to time... Why time to time? I'd say always... The media no longer knows, nor respects what to say/show and when to do so, if it should be done of course!! Dead

That's what I am talking about.... Agree entertainment is required, but to the extent that it makes a crap out of your mind and thoughts? Isn't educating while entertaining a must sometimes?? Please don't take me for a selfish nerd, I love my share of humour shows or comedy-based serials or fun events but even those are no loner purely that nowdays!!! Ouch

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Bollywood any day. It just takes around three hours once in a while, and then you go about your business.

Television feeds on your brains and sucks the life out of your soul, turning the entire population into zombie nation. That is the soapy television that washes your intellect away.

Hey again Sarina!!>... Tongue

I agree with the bollywood part.... Yup definitely, except for those who toss away three hours of their lives everyday watching them... I wonder, and we are not talking about one or two out of millions here!! LOL

Television...Confused - A bit unfair no? LOL Nah, come on, it does have its fair of good, great even sometimes, shows from time to time... But that's just it, why can't the majority be those and the minority be otherwise?? How I wish we had good dance shows, good singing contests (especially not population vote based) good serials like Circus made a bit more often!!.... Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top