Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 9:03am | IP Logged
I haven't stopped hearing around... Bollywood today is going from bad to worst... Before we had sensible movies, great actors and watchable scenes... Before it was like this and like that, before blah blah blah and dang dang dang.... Now it is 50% nonsense and 50% crap... LOL

What do you guys say? Is that true? Are our silver screen movies and our tv shows degrading with each passing day?... Are we left only with a few rare times like a Swades, or another A Wednesday or a certain Chak De... to name the first three that came to my mind?.... Are shows like Balika Vadhu or Bidaai reproducible only a few rare times? With some of them even detereorating day by day?... What do you think about it all? About the type of shows or movies we've been watching say since the five years or so? Isn't Indian population ready to accept good shows on moral values, true comedy instead of rubbish comic serials, inspiring reality shows instead of crap TRPs based contests? Movies that have it all, yet can be classified in a good genre, instead of just commercial add-ons?.... LOL

Put in your views... Be back in a bit... Wink

Cheers,
Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood and Tellywood today?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Bollywood any day. It just takes around three hours once in a while, and then you go about your business.

Television feeds on your brains and sucks the life out of your soul, turning the entire population into zombie nation. That is the soapy television that washes your intellect away.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneha0601

. Before we had sensible movies, great actors and watchable scenes

I think there are more sensible movies nowadays and acting standards have also improved. However if one is talking in terms of percentage, i am not so sureLOL

Yeah

IF-Dazzler

Yeah

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 1:49am | IP Logged

There are people out there who enjoy what  you would call 'crap'. Not to say that I would...but considering that these woods produce thousands of movies a year, each one cannot be a gem or memorable. I think you need a mix of non-sensical and intellectual movies.

About TV shows...i've only ever been hooked on to two. The rest are for dinner accompaniments. And just as a personal note...I don't think Bidaai is a good serial. Kitani Mohabbat Hai now that's a different story.

I find it quite awkward though that hindi movies that work boast of concepts in stark contrast with the concepts of which popular hindi tv shows boast. Somewhere there are different expectations for what should be on the big screen and what should be on tv.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 2:58am | IP Logged
I dunno, I am just unable to generalise that way. There are STILL good movies and good TV shows, it's upto the consumer to choose, I always make sure I choose the best (according to me). If I don't like something I won't watch it lol. But I agree that the quality of entertainment  is getting worse with each passing day (not saying that there no more good shows/movies, just that they are in a smaller number than before.)

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Movies are generally made based on what the producers think the public wants. It is mostly profit motivated.

Sujal_Fan_No1

Goldie

Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
I think that it is getting worst, the thing that i dont really like in the movies r that they start doing things that rnt gna happen in real life, i mean wer r u going to get a guy on a motor bike jumping over a fast moving train and doing backflips in the airLOL?????. And the storylines and everything r just getting bad.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top