Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 2:54am | IP Logged
For those of you who would like to check in with the critical comments and the review board, here is my personal review of what the audience liked/disliked about the film. Please comment on it.

Film: HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
Director: DAVID YATES
Producer: WARNER BROTHERS
Cast members: DANIEL RADCLIFFE, EMMA WATSON, RUPERT GRINT, MICHAEL GAMBON,ROBBIE COLTRANE, RALP FINNES, ALAN RICKMAN, HELENA BONHAM CARTER, MAGGIE SMITH, TOM FELTON.

RATING:  7.5/10

When Warner Brothers announced that the sixth movie of J.K.Rowling's amazing creation of the world of magic was to be directed by David Yates, hope started to grow within the hearts of the young ones who previously proclaimed that the fifth movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was well presented thanks to the director himself. After two years of patiently waiting for the grand release, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince hit the movie theatres this July 16th. As earlier predicted by the director and most of the cast and crew members, this film reversed the comical effects of the Harry Potter saga as this is all about darkness and unpleasant secrets revealed. So how does all this make the movie the biggest movie of the summer? Lets see, shall we.

Like in the pages of the book opened with the entry of the so called "Other Minister", this movie opens in a rather different way. Thick black clouds cirlce the muggle world like fire. Everyone surprised with horro r peeks out just to have a glimpse of this outrageous scene. The circling of Millennium Bridge by the smoke brings in the effect. Meaning? Darkness approaches everywhere. Along with the manipulating scene, comes in the wizarding world. Our leading  trio, Harry Ron and Hermione sit and discuss the unfortunates. Surely, you all know whats the outcome?

The series is as old as Harry is. Obviously, Daniel Radcliffe maybe spared for his enchanting look has put  the audience in an awe. Steve Kloves has done wonders with the screenplay, not to mention his previous first four films. Yates has done a fine job of keeping Rowling's multiple parts in balanced play, nimbly shifting between the action and the adolescent soap operatics. Not that he did not juice it all up in a soothing material. As usual, the trio Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson has been able to capture the breath of the spectators and the media. Their efforts have been reflected in the movie with their  beautiful expressions, no doubt, gaining reputation like the usual. Tom Felton, the class bully had his role seriously stirred this time as the conflict within his mind has revealed that this lad of twenty one can be more than just a  "pure-blood".

What about the Veterans? Who would forget them! Michael Gambon amazingly portrayed the
character of Albus Dumbledor, the wise headmaster. Maggie Smith and Emma Thompson did a fantasticjob. And without a second thought, Alan Rickman has put magic in his contadictory expressions. Helena Bonham Carter as  the shriekingly wicked Bellatrix Lestrange enlivens proceedings considerably.

New characters, like Helen McCrory is both sinister and febrile in a tiny scene as Malfoy's distraught mother. Jim Broadbent is a joyas the social climbing Horac Slughorn., who makes his first appearance disguised as an armchair.  Voldemort here, has been occasionally played by Hero Fiennes Tiffin, who is actually Ralph Fiennes' nephew and Frank Dillane

Surely, there is love as well- with Harry falling for his best friends' sister Ginny Weasley (Bonnie wright) and Ron indulging in romance with the absorbed Lavender Brown (newcomer Jessie Cave). Ofcourse there's kisses.

But according to many, more than the climax, what really captivated their attentions was the Quidditch. With Harry Potter being the Griffindors' Quidditch captain thus enabling Ron to be a player really had the film going.

Watching it with pleasure must have smitted everyone because this is the time for all of out there to really spend your money in a great wya. So..................let the magic begin!

Edited by Miley_hp - 19 July 2009 at 3:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

**miles**LabRat34gujunpyo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HBP movie review......by Miley_hp" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 6:55am | IP Logged
itz not as if i didnt like it.....it was much bette thn 4/5 movie..
but  if a movie gt such good reviews u expect a lot..
n sadly the expectations r unfullfilled..
iwanted to see the muggle prime minister...
i wanted to see snape as the DADA  teacher..
i wanted to  see all the tom riddle memoriess
ang omg they used neville as a waiter...AngryAngryAngry
liked the humour..cormac-hermoinee thing was..ROFL
lav-ron was also...LOL
liked the burrow addition..though why ron couldnt run in too i dont undrstnd..even in the last scene...wat the hell..why didnt he get ny dialogues...??Censored
okkay i thought dan radcliffe lookked verryyyyyyyyyy  handsome..but acted pathetically most of the timesThumbs Down
rupert n emma were good..emma looked excellent..ron's love potion thig was hillarioous..ROFL
bridge breakin was superb..
backgrnd music too good..
thnk god the kissing scenes werent in excess....
ginny took soo much footage..
the best part
TOM FELTON....Blushing
i cried a bit when dumby died..i wanted to see it as it was in the book though...
n oh ron 's quidditch scene wasROFL

ohh...the cave scene just abt  made up fr my dissapointment.....Approve
n bellatrix was excellent....

Edited by aneeshadgr8 - 19 July 2009 at 6:58am

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Miley_hp

Nice review Aish Smile

RATING:  7.5/10

Hmm I would have given it 8, maybe 8.5 Smile

When Warner Brothers announced that the sixth movie of J.K.Rowling's amazing creation of the world of magic was to be directed by David Yates, hope started to grow within the hearts of the young ones who previously proclaimed that the fifth movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was well presented thanks to the director himself. After two years of patiently waiting for the grand release, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince hit the movie theatres this July 16th. As earlier predicted by the director and most of the cast and crew members, this film reversed the comical effects of the Harry Potter saga as this is all about darkness and unpleasant secrets revealed. So how does all this make the movie the biggest movie of the summer? Lets see, shall we.

Like in the pages of the book opened with the entry of the so called "Other Minister", this movie opens in a rather different way. Thick black clouds cirlce the muggle world like fire. Everyone surprised with horro r peeks out just to have a glimpse of this outrageous scene. The circling of Millennium Bridge by the smoke brings in the effect. Meaning? Darkness approaches everywhere. Along with the manipulating scene, comes in the wizarding world. Our leading  trio, Harry Ron and Hermione sit and discuss the unfortunates. Surely, you all know whats the outcome? I loved the beginning, really set the tone, really brought out the horror of the Death eaters, really dramatic Clap

The series is as old as Harry is. Obviously, Daniel Radcliffe maybe spared for his enchanting look has put  the audience in an awe. Steve Kloves has done wonders with the screenplay, not to mention his previous first four films. Yates has done a fine job of keeping Rowling's multiple parts in balanced play, nimbly shifting between the action and the adolescent soap operatics. Not that he did not juice it all up in a soothing material. As usual, the trio Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson has been able to capture the breath of the spectators and the media. Their efforts have been reflected in the movie with their  beautiful expressions, no doubt, gaining reputation like the usual. Tom Felton, the class bully had his role seriously stirred this time as the conflict within his mind has revealed that this lad of twenty one can be more than just a  "pure-blood". I agree the trio were great, nice to see them expland e.g. Emma doing romance Cry, Dan doing comedy.LOL Tom was awesome, definitely the best for me. Clap

What about the Veterans? Who would forget them! Michael Gambon amazingly portrayed the
character of Albus Dumbledor, the wise headmaster. Maggie Smith and Emma Thompson did a fantasticjob. And without a second thought, Alan Rickman has put magic in his contadictory expressions. Helena Bonham Carter as  the shriekingly wicked Bellatrix Lestrange enlivens proceedings considerably. I agree they were all really good, especially Helena Bonham Carter, her screams echo in my ears. Shocked

New characters, like Helen McCrory is both sinister and febrile in a tiny scene as Malfoy's distraught mother. Jim Broadbent is a joyas the social climbing Horac Slughorn., who makes his first appearance disguised as an armchair.  Voldemort here, has been occasionally played by Hero Fiennes Tiffin, who is actually Ralph Fiennes' nephew and Frank Dillane . Well I don't actually agree I didn't like the portrayal of Narcissa,Confused but Jim and Hero were good. Wow I never knew thay were related. Tongue

Surely, there is love as well- with Harry falling for his best friends' sister Ginny Weasley (Bonnie wright) and Ron indulging in romance with the absorbed Lavender Brown (newcomer Jessie Cave). Ofcourse there's kisses. Loved the romance Tongue but wanted more. Confused

But according to many, more than the climax, what really captivated their attentions was the Quidditch. With Harry Potter being the Griffindors' Quidditch captain thus enabling Ron to be a player really had the film going. Lol Quidditch was good Ron/Cormac made some ingeniius saves at tryouts LOL and the actual match was great. Big smile

Watching it with pleasure must have smitted everyone because this is the time for all of out there to really spend your money in a great wya. So..................let the magic begin!
I agree definitely enjoyed it. Big smile

Varni4LiFe

Goldie

Varni4LiFe

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged
thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

scorpionsavenge

IF-Dazzler

scorpionsavenge

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the movie review!

Asha004

IF-Rockerz

Asha004

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
My Views:

**WARNING:May Contain Spoilers>Enter at Your Own Risk!**

When Warner Brothers announced that the sixth movie of J.K.Rowling's amazing creation of the world of magic was to be directed by David Yates, hope started to grow within the hearts of the young ones who previously proclaimed that the fifth movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was well presented thanks to the director himself. After two years of patiently waiting for the grand release, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince hit the movie theatres this July 16th. As earlier predicted by the director and most of the cast and crew members, this film reversed the comical effects of the Harry Potter saga as this is all about darkness and unpleasant secrets revealed. >Yeah I likes the irony presented throughout most of the movie!LOLLOLSo how does all this make the movie the biggest movie of the summer? Lets see, shall we. >Come one!It's the HP series...who doesn't want 2 watch the movies....it's a movie for all shapes, sizes and agesWink

Like in the pages of the book opened with the entry of the so called "Other Minister", this movie opens in a rather different way. Thick black clouds cirlce the muggle world like fire. Everyone surprised with horror peeks out just to have a glimpse of this outrageous scene. The circling of Millennium Bridge by the smoke brings in the effect. Meaning? Darkness approaches everywhere. >This scene was well shot and graphically computerized I must say....and I seriously got the chillsEmbarrassedLOLLOLAlong with the manipulating scene, comes in the wizarding world. Our leading  trio, Harry Ron and Hermione sit and discuss the unfortunates. Surely, you all know whats the outcome?

The series is as old as Harry is. Obviously, Daniel Radcliffe maybe spared for his enchanting look has put  the audience in an awe. Steve Kloves has done wonders with the screenplay, not to mention his previous first four films. Yates has done a fine job of keeping Rowling's multiple parts in balanced play, nimbly shifting between the action and the adolescent soap operatics. >I thought there was a little bit more of the soap opera comedy and less action but it wasn't interferring with the entertainment too muchConfusedErmmI, for one, enjoyed it!Embarrassed Not that he did not juice it all up in a soothing material. As usual, the trio Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson has been able to capture the breath of the spectators and the media. Their efforts have been reflected in the movie with their  beautiful expressions, no doubt, gaining reputation like the usual. Tom Felton, the class bully had his role seriously stirred this time as the conflict within his mind has revealed that this lad of twenty one can be more than just a  "pure-blood". >LOL!I like the way they phrased this lol!Yeah I agree though....Tom did a 'bloody brilliant' portraying Draco...he did in the previous installments as well...but we didn't get 2 see as much of him and his character has very much evolved in this bookClap

What about the Veterans? Who would forget them! Michael Gambon amazingly portrayed the character of Albus Dumbledor, the wise headmaster. >I loved his scene with Daniel in the cave....I thought he did a spectalcular job especially in this particular scene!Maggie Smith and Emma Thompson did a fantasticjob. And without a second thought, Alan Rickman has put magic in his contadictory expressions. >He was perfectly portraying Snape as he always does....but he never fails to impress me!ClapHelena Bonham Carter as  the shriekingly wicked Bellatrix Lestrange enlivens proceedings considerably. >Her acting can be summed up in one word:phenomennol!

New characters, like Helen McCrory is both sinister and febrile in a tiny scene as Malfoy's distraught mother. Jim Broadbent is a joyas the social climbing Horac Slughorn., who makes his first appearance disguised as an armchair.  Voldemort here, has been occasionally played by Hero Fiennes Tiffin, who is actually Ralph Fiennes' nephew and Frank Dillane >I enjoyed watching both younger and older Tom Riddle in this movie.....don't know why they changed it up on us thoughConfusedWhat a coincidence about Ralph and Hero!LOLLOL

Surely, there is love as well- with Harry falling for his best friends' sister Ginny Weasley (Bonnie wright) >No offense to H-G fans or anything (I happen to enjoy reading their romance and watching it on-screen as well) but their scenes could get akward at timesOuchCryCryBut I do like when Ron came and sat in between Harry and Ginny lol!and Ron indulging in romance with the absorbed Lavender Brown (newcomer Jessie Cave). Ofcourse there's kisses.

But according to many, more than the climax, what really captivated their attentions was the Quidditch. With Harry Potter being the Griffindors' Quidditch captain thus enabling Ron to be a player really had the film going. >Yup!It was awesome and I was missing seeing Quidditch in the HP movies.....the adrenaline rush really gets you!

Watching it with pleasure must have smitted everyone because this is the time for all of out there to really spend your money in a great wya. So..................let the magic begin! >Overall it was a gr8 movie and I enjoyed it!

Love,
Tanu

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 6:02am | IP Logged
thanks tanu for your views.
would you happen to watch it again?

LabRat34

LabRat34

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Thanks for the Reviews Guys!...Luckily, I went to watch it without reading any and therefore had not many expectations at all...and was pleasently suprised.

Having not really liked most of the previous films, I thought this was the best one so far...Yes, admittedly, there wasn't much of a plot to work with, but the point of it was to reveal facts that are necessary for the final installments and I believe they did that adequently.

Even though, they've missed out quite a bit of the book and there were some new suprisingly scenes...it seemed to work and I rather preferred it to some of the fillers that Rowling had stuffed in the book.

All in All...this is the only Potter film with perhaps the exception of The Prisoner of Azkaban that I'd want to watch again. 4/5.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top