The Khan War - Page 4

Posted: 14 years ago

'My name is Khan' picked for 100 crore
27 July 2009 | 12:30pm    49 Comments

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/article.asp?id=10213

Being touted as one of the biggest blockbusters of the year even before its release, Shahrukh-kajol starrer 'My Name is Khan' recently touched upon another landmark.
  • Being touted as one of the biggest blockbusters of the year even before its release, Shahrukh-kajol starrer 'My Name is Khan' recently touched upon another landmark.

Fox Star Studios, who distributed oscar winner 'Slumdog Millionare' in India have reportedly picked up the rights of the Karan Johar biggie for a whopping Rs. 100 crore.

The movie has been receiving rave reviews from the critics who have managed to catch rushes of the movie. 'My name is Khan' has been receiving a lot of audience attention as it brings back the legendary pairing of the Raj and Simran of Bollywood aka Shahrukh-Kajol.
    The critics who managed to hear some of music from the movie composed by trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy were overwhelmed and consider the album to be potential chartbuster.

Wiritten by Shibani Bhatija, the movie deals with a Muslim (Shah Rukh) who suffers from the Asperger syndrome, a form of autism that impacts social interaction abilities, who is arrested as a suspected terrorist in post-9/11 Los Angeles after authorities mistake his disability for suspicious behaviour.
    Just as it is said, nothing sells better in Bollywood than Shahrukh Khan.. all of us await the arrival of 'Khan'.

So SRK is coming strong now.👏👏👏

Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago
Aamir khan defines talent, he is like water able to mix in any colour...there is no competition he is simply  the best, he is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xoxo
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Aamir khan defines talent, he is like water able to mix in any colour...there is no competition he is simply  the best, he is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xoxo
Aamir is very established but I do not know why he suddenly got so nasty.
Maybe he was not serious and joking. Still he later apologized.

The following quotes were taken from Aamir Khan's blog:

"Shahrukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more can I ask for?"
Aamir bhai, are you fantasizing about SRK again?

"Now, before you jump to any conclusions let me add that Shahrukh is the name of our dog. And before you jump to any further conclusions let me add that I had nothing to do with naming him."

And we are supposed to believe that?

"In fact Shahrukh is the dog of the caretakers of our house. When I bought this house it came with the caretakers and their dog! Apparently Shahrukh (the actor) was shooting for a commercial in this house a few years ago, and that very day the caretakers bought a pup', and named him Shahrukh."

Or maybe'you made this whole thing up just so you could write Shah Rukh's name over and over!

"What are the chances of me buying a house which comes with a dog called Shahrukh!!!"
Hmmm'.probably the same as one of your films making it to the Oscars?

"Some of my friends claim that I bought the house just because of the dog. I would have to be a serious fan of Shahrukh's to want to do that. Your guess'"

Can't say if you're a fan or not, but you sure seem obsessed over him!

Well for all those Aamir Khan fans out there, your hero is not as lofty as you put him out to be, is he? We have heard of cheap Bollywood stunts, but this takes the cake for the cheapest stunt!

The questions we have are, what is with this SRK obsession? After staying out of the media's attention his entire career, why is Aamir begging for attention these days?

http://images.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl=http://www.indianglam.com/gallery/albums/aamir-khan/normal_aamir-khan-photos-20.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bollynewz.com/category/gossip/page/4/&usg=__iSAOWMq6HuROCCx_J-dL2lUjPRA=&h=355&w=500&sz=28&hl=en&start=32&um=1&tbnid=uyMV5b4GP5YuVM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daamir%2Bkhan%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4RNWN_enSG285SG285%26sa%3DN%26start%3D20%26um%3D1
Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago
Thats aamir khan's personal life which i dont care about..i only care about the aamir i see on the screen, and that aamir professionally is exceptionally talented and the best in the industry.

Xoxo
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Thats aamir khan's personal life which i dont care about..i only care about the aamir i see on the screen, and that aamir professionally is exceptionally talented and the best in the industry.

Xoxo
Aamir is a hard task master and a perfectionist. He is known to be avoiding all limelight.
He has also directed pretty good movies.

SRK is more outgoing and accepts publicity in his stride.

Sallman is busy making a mess of his life.
I admire aamir khan
he is so creative always doing something different
whereas srk is always doing same stuff
he is more interested in making money
he never experiment with new things
whereas aamir always give you something different

Originally posted by *Devilstarrs_9*

I admire aamir khan
he is so creative always doing something different
whereas srk is always doing same stuff
he is more interested in making money
he never experiment with new things
whereas aamir always give you something different

They have both done very well. I guess each is capitalising in their own strong areas.
True that Aamir has done much more.
Neither.
From my understanding both of them seem to be good friends who cash in on their "war". It's just ribbing, gets media spinning, the fans fighting and khans counting tons of moolah.
Originally posted by *guesswho*

Neither.
From my understanding both of them seem to be good friends who cash in on their "war". It's just ribbing, gets media spinning, the fans fighting and khans counting tons of moolah.

good point. They create a bit of masala once in a while.
Only Rakhi and Himeshji does it Full time.😆