Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

aprilsunrise

aprilsunrise

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 1:10am | IP Logged

I have my doubts about the fact that the creatives knew that they had hit a jackpot when they first stared out with CB.

CB re-defined prime time television.

What started out as a simple show (it was slotted at 7:30 instead of the prime time) turned out to be a group of hens that lay golden eggs.

Some of those hens are:

1] The beautiful love story of RaDev.

2] The wedding secret.

3] The plot itself: a handsome, rich, US returned, confident head strong HERO falls hard,

head over heels for an adopted daughter (the Glorified servant ) of a village priest and

keeps pining for her even after his so called 'marriage' to the wrong sister.

4] Vrindavan and THE Kanha.

5] Avinash Sachdev (DEV) superb acting and his brilliant portrayal of the character

DEV. Dev is confident and assertive with others but the pain and love he shows for  

Radhika is amazing. He (strongest character of CB) is week around her (weekest

character of CB).

6] RaDev love and marriage blessed by Kanha and HIS timely intervention at many

instances.

7] The separation – union, hide and seek of the wedding truth.

But now the creatives are not sure how to handle this jack pot and make use of it?

It is like if they do not make use of this pot of gold, very soon it will turn to dust (and the process has already begun, mind U).

So I think that they have hit the panic button.

The problem is that the creatives have the hen that lays golden eggs, but they are committing the same mistake of slaying the hen and not reaping the dividends of the golden eggs it lays.

Now how are the creatives killing the hen?

1] The beautiful love story of RaDev.

Now there appears to be no love story any more. Only pain- Dev and Radhika, both are in pain. Dev has been in pain right since he realized that he 'married' the wrong girl. Even Radhika does not show emotions even when she is all by her self.

Just by showing both in tears and Baware Naina… or SaGa ReSa Sa GaRe Sa… in the background for 8 months won't keep the romance fresh, let alone alive.

The creatives are expecting this hen to lay a golden egg per minute. She will die of exhaustion (very soon).

2] The wedding secret.

Well the progress should be towards the revelation of the truth.

The golden egg has already been layed. But it has its expiry date even if it is golden.
And IMHO the golden egg has come a long way from its expiry date.

Now some people from the Purohit family should start getting suspicious about the wedding (Vivek, Dadi, Vaishali, Birju or DEV).

If the creatives do not utilize this egg, SOOOOONNNNN….. then it will not be of any use to them.

3] The plot : a handsome, rich, US returned, confident head strong HERO falls hard, head over heels for (the Glorified servant ) an adopted daughter of a village priest and keeps pining for her even after his so called 'marriage' to the wrong sister.

This egg needs a proper recipe.
The creatives have used this point good up till now but it is turning stale day by and it can be revived only if Dev starts getting suspicious about the wedding.

4] Vrindavan and THE Kanha.

I think the creatives have realized this …. so the return to Vrindavan from Delhi.

But they are using kanha's appearance for all the wrong and petty reasons. They cannot show Kanha smiling at Radhika on top of Govardhan smiling kind of sadistically when Radhika is doing the parikrama or appearing to unlock the door for Radhika that amm has locked.

They should show him appear before Radhika for some concrete reason like …..

"HELLO Radhika go after ur husband"

But instead they shift Radhika out of Vrindavan to some ashram. (Viewers won't be sympathetic or loyal for too long). See even the updaters given up and there was no separate update.

[I don't mind taking up any assignments during the 7:30 slot any more.

My husband was surprised at me yesterday, when I was out buying vegetables at 7:40. He asked me "hey its 7:40, YOUR CB has started, u don't want to be home?"

And when I saw CB in the night (11:30) I regretted staying awake so late.]

5] Avinash Sachdev (DEV) superb acting and his brilliant portrayal of the character

DEV.

Even this egg can not be utilized for too long. It has started to become repetitive. [He is a superb actor mind u and still doing full justice to his role]

But there is a limit to the repetitiveness. The dialogues are same; scenes given to him are same-

like: falling down dejectedly on his knees, asking Kyoun Radhika Kyoun? Or the dialogue where he says that he can not live without Radhika "main tumhare bina mar jaaoonga" [all have been used at least 4-5 times].

Avinash has to act out the same pained and devastated expressions months after months The creatives have to make use of his acting potential to the fullest.  We miss his initial playfulness, his desperation to meet his bride, his smile, his romance (in real and not in dreams), his anger, the go get her attitude (for this the truth that Radhika is his wife should be out), etc.

This is the most expensive egg, mind u creatives …. Make use of IT (HIM).

6] RaDev love and marriage blessed by Kanha and HIS timely intervention at many

instances.

For this egg to pay dividends, again, the marriage secret revelation should be in full swing.

And the use of Kanha's TIMELY intervention is necessary (for the secret to be revealed and not for petty things like unlocking Radhika by opening the locked door or watching her from top of Govardhan).

7] The separation – union, hide and seek of the wedding truth

The union and the wedding truth should be their main goal. Or else the hen will think why did I lay this egg at all?

IMHO, I think that the creatives have no idea how to use this jack pot and how to manage this hen that lays the golden eggs?

What say ?

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

momsx3TheCynicpreetmdshappy99interestrazor12radheradheblokesdeefanradevfanitalybrishti78saher_90sigrid-madhvi-radev24

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The hen that lays golden eggs!!!" in Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-RushTrip-

IF-Rockerz

-RushTrip-

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 1:55am | IP Logged
i agree
and like us bhikhari..they give..these small dream sequence as peace mill offering....a hug...so we asked for it and they gave..it....we want more....
more...real story not this half baked cake...that keeps us..giving whiff of something to come..but when you taste the cake..it is still sticky...

well i am fed up of watching this...story twine like all serials that have lost track and newness and have fallen into rut of keeping each episode going.for goings sake...

radevfanitaly

Goldie

radevfanitaly

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 3:23am | IP Logged
brilliant post aprilsunrise.i agree with u its high time the truth must be out. i hate the current track about the jogan concept.
i don't simpathise radhika's character anymore its rather irritating n i'm begining to lose my interset in the cb.
i don't know wats wrong with the creatives cb was such a rocking show now it has lost its charm.

preetmds

Groupbie

preetmds

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 5:02am | IP Logged

Fabulous post april sunrise!! I completely agree with you. I think the writers have forgotten the most important element that made this show so special. It was a very charming love story and the casting was perfect. Dev and Radhika were magical in their longing for each other. I think the show will not survive very long if they do not bring back this element. I found my self watching some of the older shows a few days ago just to see what seemed to be missing. The plot line is getting so convoluted that I cannot recognize the show. I hope the writers are reading the posts on this forum and pay attention before its too late...

Edited by preetmds - 17 July 2009 at 5:04am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12radev24

shyams

IF-Sizzlerz

shyams

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Yes I agree with u
RaDev love dispite their entirely different backgrounds and thinking is what attracted me to this show

interest

interest

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 5:17am | IP Logged

I also totally agree.

I am  also going on the same refrain that the creatives have lost the plot . better shorten the serial but unite them & show them enjoying life , exposing the villains of the story & producing  a Waaris ,
The appropriate chhti bahu to be installed in PB & the golden era she brings with her as Dadi ma always wished .
Then we would like to see the repeat of this serial again & again

TheCynic

Groupbie

TheCynic

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 5:18am | IP Logged
It was the unique chemistry between the 2 main characters that made this story so appealing. Dev's intensity and Rad's innocence and freshness had the effect of getting viewers glued to their TVs wanting more.

But, the events have to ultimately converge so that they come together and live happily ever after.

Instead, the uncreatives have them drifting farther and farther apart.

I see viewers already yawning and changing channels.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

preetmdsJulie0001sigrid

Julie0001

Goldie

Julie0001

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Ha Ha Cynic I love "uncreatives..."

April another brilliant post. Again you capture why we are so obsessed and so disappointed at the same time. Sometimes I wonder what kind of person am I to get hooked on this show? In real life I have a pretty good life, career, kids etc. But why do I put myself through this show when I know that I am being manipulated and suckered at every turn?

Am I an optimist always believing that Ra-Dev reunion around the corner? Or am I like Rad, always flagellating myself by watching this depressing junk being disappointed and coming back for more? Seriously this show has started a self-loathing in some of its viewership.

But we are obsessed for all the reasons that you write. We are also tired, frazzled, irritable and apathetic that our golden egg is turning to ashes. Boy I can't even imagine the mood on this forum if nothing happens on  Krishna's b-day. Kanha help the person who writes post that day entitled "CB Progressing Well."

It is sad when we this show has become so predictable that we know for every pellet that is dropped into our paws, we will be electric shocked by the next episode. Sadly, I am one mouse-viewer still eating pellets :( But even pellets are getting stale...

Edited by jpalagrawal - 17 July 2009 at 6:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12sigridradev24

Post Reply New Post

Go to top