Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Micron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Very Well said Rasika...

Angel....agree BT show mein Kuch bhi ho saktaa hain.......

Aisha_86 thumbnail
Santo has no right to slap her older sister but Hiten scolding his father can be justified?
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Aisha_86

Santo has no right to slap her older sister but Hiten scolding his father can be justified?

No wayyyyyyyyy.. He doesn't .. I dont support him doing that.. ๐Ÿ˜•
PROTOPLASM thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

No wayyyyyyyyy.. He doesn't .. I dont support him doing that.. ๐Ÿ˜•

Yeah, me too, till now I haven't understood why Hiten is always so angry with his father ๐Ÿ˜•
sg08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PROTOPLASM

Exactly, if at that time Santu was not thinking like a Malkin but like a sister, then how can she slap her elder sister ??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜•

Santu has the right to slap Khemi only as the Malkin, but not as a younger sister. But she did slap Khemi, which obviously means that she was thinking herself as the Malkin even before Nanaji told her to think like that๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

I don't think Santo slapped Khemi as a maalkin, the thought probably never entered her head, we all know she does not think of herself as a maalkin, which maalkin would be treated the way she is in her household? I think she was reacting to the situation - of witnessing her sister in the arms of her stepson which was probably too much for her. I mean these are two siblings who are pretty close in age and who grew up together - and siblings fight, bicker, quarrel. I don't find it all that far-fetched and I definitely don't think it was a maalkin's reaction. If she was behaving like the maalkin, she wouldn't have stopped at the slap and then tried to save her sister's reputation - she would have behaved like Motiben would have - probably accuse her of being of bad character and trying to ensnare the "chote maalik".
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Moti B shouts a lot, that doesn't mean, every maalkin would slap n shout every now n then.. U said if she were Maalkin, she would continue slapping.. I dont think that's the nature of Santu.. Even if she catches somebody doing the biggest sin, she would slap him/her once onlyOtherwise she could slap Sandy/AC long back..

This time,as Protoplasm said, she has to the right to slap her ELDER sister only as the maalkin.. and that's what she did.. Not that khemi didn't deserve the slap.. she fully did๐Ÿ˜กBut I don't find any sorta logic/explanations for that slap to her elder๐Ÿ˜Š
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: tvrasika

First, I am tho totally confused about the fuss regarding this maalik/maalkin business. Why is that causing so much anxiety? This Santo being 'maalkin' or people thinking she is a 'maalkin' is temporary. After Hiten-Khemi drama, we have the Motiben secret matter. so, all relax!

Second, am a bit confused about whether it is o.k to be disrespectful to an elder or not. Apparently Hiten being disrespectful to DM is o.k, but Santo being disrespectful to Khemi is not.

I think Santo did what 99% of women would have done if they found their sister hugging their step-son, 2 nights before the wedding, in their husband's house, when their husband had taken charge of the wedding. Santo is just 1 yr younger to Khemi. And those of us who have sisters know. such things happen between sisters.

I dont have as much issue with the slap as to its motive. Younger sisters do slap and fight with older ones. It is all part of sibling relationship. My younger sister used to fight a lot with me, including giving me physical blows. Of course, not after we grew up.  As far as this issue is concerned, if she had slapped her because she witnessed her in the arms of another man, and that too the Maalik's son on the day before the wedding  I can understand her.  It would be an instinctive reaction.  But if she had slapped her because she thought she had no right to hug her 'bhanja' then I think that makes her a selfish human being because she is worried about her own position as DM's wife because of the so called twisted relationship between Hiten and Khemi.  She is yet to get the place of DM's wife or Hiten's mother. With both of them not yet accepting the respective relationship she cannot expect her sister to not only accept the relationship of a maasi but also respect it.  If after the instinctive slap, she had heard Khemi out patiently and talked to Hiten to find out his views too and after doing so try to find a solution for them, I would have appreciated her more, but then although they tried to show her wise beyond her years before, I guess she is  just another 18-year old who has so many confusing priorities.  So I can only sympathise with her plight more so because she herself felt guilty slapping her sister. 

But DM is atleast 23 yrs older than Hiten, if not more. And he is the father, not elder brother. and am not sure 99% of sons would react the way Hiten does to his dad.

There are many instances in real life where sons and fathers clash, especially when both are strong willed. Added to it is the fact that DM did marry a girl young enough to be his daughter. Hiten being still very close to his dead mother is yet to come to terms with his father's marriage although there is nothing he can do about it. Now that he is being told that he cannot marry the girl of his choice by that very father who had been taking his own decisions without so much as taking his children into confidence, he feels angry. He did go a little overboard with the words, but when you are angry you end up saying a lot of things which you would otherwise not say. Have we not seen DM call Santo Chotte jathi who had chotte buddhi when he thought she helped Kaddu to elope?  I am not justifying Hiten but understand where he is coming from.  As to the per centage of sons who would act this way, I dont know that because it is not so common to find oneself in the situation Hiten finds himself. 

So, if we are going to use this yardstick, let us be fair to all characters in the show.

Edited by Opti - 14 years ago
sg08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Moti B shouts a lot, that doesn't mean, every maalkin would slap n shout every now n then.. U said if she were Maalkin, she would continue slapping.. I dont think that's the nature of Santu.. Even if she catches somebody doing the biggest sin, she would slap him/her once onlyOtherwise she could slap Sandy/AC long back..

This time,as Protoplasm said, she has to the right to slap her ELDER sister only as the maalkin.. and that's what she did.. Not that khemi didn't deserve the slap.. she fully did๐Ÿ˜กBut I don't find any sorta logic/explanations for that slap to her elder๐Ÿ˜Š

I don't really think Santo was thinking logically at the time, she was just reacting to seeing what she did - you know I've tried but I can't think what the logical reaction would have been for her at the time. And definitely it is not in Santo's nature to slap anyone(I don't think she would ever slap AC/Sandy or anyone else for that matter) and if it was anyone other than Khemi, she probably wouldn't have. Khemi is probably the person she was closest to, remember she was the one she confided all her problems to (when she left home, when they were talking on the swing) thats why she could slap her, especially after she had defended Khemi in front of Motiben for the same thing she found her doing, must have been quite a shock to her. I am not defending her slap but it was a spur of the moment thing that she regretted immediately after. After all, if she was thinking like a maalkin, why would she say she committed a sin by slapping Khemi.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Totally with you on that Sg,

It was not something she intended to do ..
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Ok๐Ÿ˜ƒ Got it.. Thanks sg๐Ÿ˜ƒ Sukhi too๐Ÿ˜ณ