Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 9

Page 1 Page 8
Page   of 9

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Science is one language towards reality.......there's objective scienc....., that decides abt the outside world...... and second..... subjective science, which up to now has been called religion.Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Science vs. Religion (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I know sometimes you get the feeling that you aren't really being pulled down as much as pushed down.

I like that.  Very well put.

its actually by Phoebe, from the video I posted.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Science deals with matter and energy. A spiritual scientist (spiritualist) deals with matters of the spirit and learns of consciousness. A spiritualist is different from the mundane common man who does his prayers mechanically and never reaches out beyond the borders of religious laws which are interpreted in the narrowest sense possible.
Death is basically a disconnection between the consciousness and the body and brains.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStar

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by mahikhan

Originally posted by clodpolish

Cannot science be a religion?
NO!

Why can't I practice my religion?
because Mahi says soLOL
LOLz.

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 5:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

Originally posted by angie.4u

whats wrong with being scientific back then. I feel that science was much devp then too perhaps even more then it is now ! The pushpak viman, the warheads used in mahabharata are evidence of advanced science !

There is nothing wrong being scientific back then, they had great imagination and great analytical mind then, but just didnt have the tools to actually put it into effect. I am not disputing their greatness, I am just not giving them extra credit for something they didnt do or acheive.

If they had a plane then what the Wright brothers did in 1903 wouldnt have been an invention, it would have been a discovery. If I am not mistaken the warheads was a invention in the 1600-1700's by Tipu in India.

Just like Time travel  in the 21st centuries, we can imagine it, we can theorize it, but we dont know how to make it happen. 

thats bcoz the theory was destroyed in the course of time. actually we still have them in or vedas and purans but no one knows the language to decipher them. secondly other country men r too snobbish to accept that indians could be si intelligent and have the whole science in their religion.Dead

Are you negating your own point? The theory is there, it wasnt destroyed, people who have lost touch with it are the people who have forgotten the language. And nobody has forgotten the theory, it is just that our folks have not been able to convert the theory to practical, someone else did. Why hate on them for that or call them snobbish for thatWink

Beyond_the_Veil

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:03am | IP Logged
It  cannot be said with certainty that the theory never got converted to practical just b coz no physical evidence was found. Not much physical evidence wud b found about our civilz too if it perishes. Our ancestors were not known to share their knowledge readily & thus lot of it has gone into oblivion. They seemed to B more concerned about knowldg not falling into wrong hands than propagating it.

angelic_devil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top