Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Girl_2007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Science vs. Religion" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Oh great, another topic to keep me from being productive. LOL

Personally, I think that religion and science can coexist not only within an individual, but also in society. To me, religion is a way of life. It is not something you set aside for the week and bring back to life once a week, I feel religion and faith governs all my ideas, actions, beliefs, morals, and values. Religion does not tell me what I cannot do, it shows me what I can do. Similarly, my faith does not discourage progress or stands in its way. I think religion is put aside as being old and holding orthodox values that are against modernism. But in truth, religion is not history, it can be adapted in the modern world. Therefore religion does not only accept science, but it also nourishes it.

I do think that both can exist harmoniously, because I do not think they are two separate entities. One doesn't need to be sacrificed for the other, they can complement each other. And if an individual suffers from skepticism, I think its quite healthy. You must question and re-question your beliefs to prove to yourself that what you value is in fact true and logical.

And your last question, which is superior. In my opinion, it is religion that is far superior, because religion is my way of life. Therefore, if religion is the whole world, then science is just a small way of understanding that world.

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 16 July 2009 at 11:04am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

persistenceBeyond_the_Veil..RamKiJanaki..

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:22am | IP Logged

There have been several similar topics discussed here before, anyway to add -

Religion is the preacher's science. It is the knowledge that explains the inner workings and functioning of the universe.

Science is the researcher's religion. It is the faith, purpose and belief in knowledge that keeps them going.

The force is above it all.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarpersistenceU-No-PooBeyond_the_VeilFair-n-luvly

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Oh great, another topic to keep me from being productive. LOL

Aww, I really should be a bit more understanding, owing to the fact that you have extremely poor self-restraint control/power. LOL So what do you do these days, I mean you seem to be very busy, 'cause I do not see you in DM as much as I used to, before?

Very well thought out response, though. Sort of disappointing, too, that nine members ignored it. Disapprove

Haha, I was only kidding. I don't have anything to do right now, at least nothing that sparks my interest. LOL I work that is why IF time has gone down greatly. But, I'd say that I'm quite active in DM this week. Anymore than this, and I could not handle it. LOL
And thank you. I'm sure they simply went to collect their thoughts and will return to present them in an appropriate manner.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Cannot science be a religion?

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Can both science and religion coexist in the single mind frame of an individual? Can science and religion coexist in a society?

If it can coexist together, can it coexist harmoniously? Or would it produce sparks?
If it coexist in the mind frame of an individual, can the individual live happily without having the need to sacrifice one for the other (science for religion, or religion for science)? Or would the individual be constantly suffering from skepticism towards one of them or both?
If it can coexist in a society, can members there live together harmoniously, or would the apparent difference between their way of thinking/living cause problems between them?

Can science and religion complement each other? Can one cause/be [a] problem for the other?

Putting them side by side, which one would be superior, science or religion? Or are they equal footing?

That's all I can think for now; will come back with my reply later (or right away if I get sufficient time). Others please go ahead, and put down your views.
And, eh, just a little piece of advise, no need to bring any particular (notice the word particular in italic? No? Try again) religion here; let's just discuss it from an objective perspective.
I feel this is something very much relevant for this time; what say?

With kind regards,
Labib
Hey Labib........am a big fan of your posts. You putforward your views in an interesting manner Smile.
Will come back and edit this post....as of now I've RESERVED this place in this topic...afterall RESERVATION is important aspect in IndiaTongue
Cheers,
Myth

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by myth13

..as of now I've RESERVED this place in this topic...afterall RESERVATION is important aspect in IndiaTongue
LOLLOLLOL kya baat hai !LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top