Sonam calls Ash Aunty = what u think?

Posted: 14 years ago
Calling a much older Lady Aunty is being insensitive, especially in the glamour industry.
Sonam may have her own reasons as she cud have been referring to her as Aunty all along. But read this:

"Sonam Kapoor definitely has mischievous mind behind innocent and docile looks. She found another way to mock at Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Earlier she said in a press conference that Aishwarya belonged to older generation.

According to sources, she has popularized nick name of Aishwarya as 'Aunty Ji' among her close friend circle.

She calls the bollywood beauty 'Aunty Ji' because of her age and the fact that she has worked with Anil Kapoor.

Sonam says 'Ash has worked with my dad so I have to call her aunty na?'

Earlier comment greatly disturbed Aishwarya and she also demanded an apology from Sonam. Leave apology, it seems that 'masakkali' beauty is bent upon picking fight with the 'Bachchan Bahu' by nick naming her.

Sonam is just two-film-old hence she should think twice before messing with Aishwarya who is a world beauty and a renowned star of bollywood. It seems that she is not aware of the consequences of the tussle"

Now a days the word 'aunty' is so overused and misused that it has lost its position and meaning. If u r meeting a person first time we cant call them aunty or uncle!.  But about sonam kapoor....ash dheekne main, abishek ki aunty jaisa hey so nothing wrong to call her aunty.

Interesting. I do not know the real story and happenings in this case but Sonam claims that Ash was formerly working with her dad and all along she must have been calling her aunty.

In Indian culture we are taught to call people older than us 'aunty' or 'di'. Especially, someone who is your parent's friend is never first name or 'di' either. It is aunty or uncle. Of course Sonam is definitely full of mischief and there maybe mischief behind this. However, Ash is no more or no less than those frazzled aunties who go 'aunty mat kaho na'.

*sigh* the days when calling your aunt an aunt is an insult.

I like sonam's logic of calling ash aunty -😆

"Ash has worked with my dad so I have to call her aunty na?"

Edited by clodpolish - 14 years ago
Originally posted by clodpolish

I like sonam's logic of calling ash aunty -😆

"Ash has worked with my dad so I have to call her aunty na?"

I hope u do not call Nazia Aunty as well.😆
i think it was too much.
well, doest matter how much old Ash is, or whom she might have worked wid, but, everyone knows that Sonam and Ash dont get very well wid each other, and that comment, it was purposely made, there was no point or need at all of calling Aishwarya aunty at all, neither of telling her friends to call Ash that.
Sonam might be young and have a fresh face, but Ash popularity, beauty and experience exceed those.
hope i have explained myself clearly and safely.
Originally posted by Girl_2007

i think it was too much.
well, doest matter how much old Ash is, or whom she might have worked wid, but, everyone knows that Sonam and Ash dont get very well wid each other, and that comment, it was purposely made, there was no point or need at all of calling Aishwarya aunty at all, neither of telling her friends to call Ash that.
Sonam might be young and have a fresh face, but Ash popularity, beauty and experience exceed those.
hope i have explained myself clearly and safely.
Well ladies should be able to understand ladies better.😆
But I do agree that there is some rift between the two for whatever reason.
By sonam's logic i wonder what she wud  call the female co stars of auntiji's hubby 😉
Originally posted by angie.4u

By sonam's logic i wonder what she wud  call the female co stars of auntiji's hubby 😉

😆

thats an interesting question, uhmm....