Balika Vadhu

Is BV giving a wrong msg or.....? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

radheradhe

radheradhe

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Yes Show is giving the wrong message.
1. Suguna track -- pregnancy and now her hatred for Shyam who has helped her so much. I wonder if anyone seeing the show will like to marry a widow if all widows behave like Suguna.
2. Gehna track -- her rape-child marriage is all glossed over and she is happy beendni. So in BV world, it is ok to marry under age girl and rape her till she is pregnant and yet she will be happy
3. Anandi track -- It may be cute to see Jags-Anandi together, but do we need kids behaving like hubby wife. In reality, a child bride is prone to get sexually abused by her husband if staying in same house. Its immature to beleive Jags hasnt learnt anything bout birds and bees yet. 
The only enlightening track was when Farida Jalal had entered the show for a brief time.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is BV giving a wrong msg or.....? (Page 2)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Masooma Bukhari

IF-Addictz

Masooma Bukhari

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
First, the show is not giving a wrong msg.

Second, this show must not be banned as those are the people who are taking this show in another sense.

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 12:12am | IP Logged
i don't think BV is giving wrong msg
first n foremost....the msg that BV is giving in the begining, telling how child marriage is prevelant in india and that it is a backward practice and such customs shld not have any place in a developing country like ours..... clearly shows that it is against child marriage. n now, they have even started writing this everytime the show takes the break..(it started from y'day.i guess)

second......... it clearly shows, how anandi even after being such a good student, had to leave her studies, her right to play with other kids.. cld never enjoy in any festivities cos of the fear of dadisa.had to take the role of a wife and completely forego her childhood cos of this

third, it has shown how life completely turns if the girl becomes a widow

now the only prob is the show is not completely gloomy , or always showing anandi as a suffering girl......but that is the charm of the story.they have happy moments in the show. they r not just showing the probs, but also solutions for many other probs too like, widow remarriage, accepting a single mother, marriage having large age gap.
such situations happen..there r cases where a young girl(but more than 18yrs) is married of to a person much older to her and hands of the law r tied in such cases. BV has shown that in such cases, if the girl has to accept her husband, he has to be good with her..forcing her or intimidating her, will never gain her love.
like, when basant was rude to gehna in the begining, he cld never get her love. It showed that a girl has to stand up for her rights and later it is also showing that , when basant is good with her.she is slowly warming up to him
thru the story of shyam n suguna, they r showing that there is nothing wrong in marrying a widow and accepting her kids as his own. And it needs patience to gain her love n trust - this is beautifully shown by shyam's behaviour.

now comming to girls n boys calling each other as beend n beendni. well calling each other doesn't actually mean,t hey r husband n wife. GFs n BFs can have any such names for each other and keeping karwchauth vrath.......well its just teenage stuffs......i am sure many of us have done more crazy stuffs than this during our teenage yrs. It is a phase of life and it will pass.  I mean, being in a relation even if u r teenagers r not a big deal.....the only prob is, if it extends to sexual situation..but then that is the duty of Govt and schools and parents to make kids understand abt it. 

ambodidi

ambodidi

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by radheradhe

Yes Show is giving the wrong message.
1. Suguna track -- pregnancy and now her hatred for Shyam who has helped her so much. I wonder if anyone seeing the show will like to marry a widow if all widows behave like Suguna.
2. Gehna track -- her rape-child marriage is all glossed over and she is happy beendni. So in BV world, it is ok to marry under age girl and rape her till she is pregnant and yet she will be happy
3. Anandi track -- It may be cute to see Jags-Anandi together, but do we need kids behaving like hubby wife. In reality, a child bride is prone to get sexually abused by her husband if staying in same house. Its immature to beleive Jags hasnt learnt anything bout birds and bees yet. 
The only enlightening track was when Farida Jalal had entered the show for a brief time.

Yes, I keep thinking Jagdish will try to do something with Anandi sooner rather than laterConfused
With Gehna, they're showing she's happier now because her husband has become understanding. Everyone thinks of themselves as good people, so they'll think it's ok to marry an underage girl, because they'll treat her well.
Suguna seems to have lost the plot, and no one in her family is saying anything to her.

shona.

IF-Rockerz

shona.

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 3:41am | IP Logged
BV is not conveying the wrong message and i dont think it should be banned.
They are showing how a young girl lost her childhood-she's in the kitchen half the time doing cooking or else household chores and thats only because she got married at such a young age-if she was at her parents house she wouldnt have to do so much work.

The show is showing how girls have to end up giving up studies for marriage even though they are bright and able. It shows us that while boys study and achieve something girls are left dependent and uneducated in life only because they are married of so young,

The show is also giving the message of a widow remarriage- what exactly is wrong if a widowed girl gets married again. The indian public need to understand all this.

The show has done well in giving the message but as all things there are 2 ways to preceive it-one good and one bad and i think the government has preceived it with the wrong point of view

Amist all this there are the TRPs and this show is also competing which is why some twists may seems as though they're giving the wrong message. Yes they show that Anandi is happy in her sasural but even after being in a huge ghouse she misses her father's smaller house, even after having such loving and caring in-law(except Maasa) it shows how she misses her parents. And it also shows narrow minded and uneducated people like Maasa how only follow society not look to change it whereas in contrast we have Shyam who is educated and looks out for the happiness of those around him rather than follow society.

To the government all i'd say is people are more aware of this topic only because of the show and as for an increase in child marriage-well its the govt. job to inforce their laws so they should do that rather than ban a show that is infact educating people against child marriage.
If BV is causing an increase in child marriage than ekta's K soaps probably caused and increase in divorce and multiple marriages and extra martial relationships...

gullicricket

gullicricket

Posted: 17 July 2009 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
"If BV is causing an increase in child marriage than ekta's K soaps probably caused and increase in divorce and multiple marriages and extra martial relationships"

haha so true Shona.. but i ve seen many parents still looking for a rich match for their daughters where they don't have to get a job and stay at home and cook.. so for them Anandi's example does send a wrong message.. she got married in a filthy rich family and she gets pocket money in thousands LOL for cooking a good dish.. who wudn't want that.?.. maybe the urban career-minded educated class who is not the main target audience of this show in the first place. People will just compare the difference between Anandi's mayka where her father has to loan money just to buy a gift for Sugna and between her saasra where she is laden with money and jewellery.

Gehna's track sends out no wrong msg acc. to me.. she was literally sold off for money and she has to make severe compromises in life.. even if basanth is good to her she has a sadness in her eyes that no one wud want for their kids.

The message in Sugna's track is unthinkable.. uneducated, stubborn, ungrateful.. Shyam is a savior alright but why was his character handled so badly? Why didnt they show him to be working or something ard 22-23yrs old.. why do they need to show a 18yr old boy.. going against soc without  even a chavanni in hand. Dead

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
No one posted this but the govt has reviewed the show and cleared it. here are the links:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS-India-IB-ministry-clears-Balika-Vadhu-/articleshow/4790501.cms
and for tp check out this funny article:
http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/fullstory1.asp?section_id=6&news_id=35316&tag=30961

and as for whether the show supports child marriage or not i dont think they intend to...but many a times they end up glorifying it. and lately this has become more ever since suguna has come into focus. i think its high time they focus on other characters too eso anandi and jagya.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top