Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

subha2601

IF-Sizzlerz

subha2601

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:07am | IP Logged
I was watching Headlines Today on tuesday and there was 1 spl.programme on BV.They were talking abt da impact of this show on d viewers.U all know that govt.is thinking of banning this programme b'coz they feel child marriages hv increased due 2 this show.Does that mean this show is giving a wrong msg 2 viwers or is it that ppl r not understanding it's msgs?Headlines Today was saying that school children treat each other as husband and wives rather than frnds due 2 this show. Ouch Gals r discussing abt karva chauth and boys say that gals r inferior and subordinate. Confused So who's responsible 4 all these?The show or their parents who r not trying 2 make their children inderstand that it's just a serial and they shdn't take it very seriously.
I hv seen many members here discussing that this show indeed gives a wrong msg 2 viewers.Is it really so or we r not able 2 understand what d members r trying 2 say?
Plz give ur comments on this.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is BV giving a wrong msg or.....?" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Silver_Lining

IF-Dazzler

Silver_Lining

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:18am | IP Logged
hi subha.. Big smile glad to see you back in full force..  welcome back.. Hug

I don't think BV is giving a wrong message.. in any case..Big smile

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:31am | IP Logged
wow subha.......welcome backHug

well, i don't think its giving wrong msg...... detail explanation- i'll give tomorrow......have to rush home nowSmile

ambodidi

ambodidi

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:57am | IP Logged
I do think they are not focussing enough on the bad aspects of child marriage, they make it seem quite enticing at  times, actually; but I guess they don't want to lecture people and put them off.

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Hey! (:
I must say, very nice topic!Star

Well, I don't think Balika Vadhu is sending any wrong messages at all.And i don't think that child marriages have increased because of this show either...as weird as this may sound, i feel like that's what the government is saying to ban this show.I mean come on, this show has been on for a while...and now suddenly they want to ban this show?...What in the World?Confused

Someone other than them have exactly put an effort on letting everyone know about child marriage by simply making a show about it...which in my opinion, is a topic that the authorities [the government] have kind of put less attention to. Child marriages STILL happen. 40% of the world's child marriages occur in India...and THAT'S a proven fact. I don't know why the government is wasting their time on trying to ban this show when they could use their time to STOP child marriages...if things like this weren't happening in India then no one would have made a show about it...child marriages are still happening in India and there is no full stop to it yet so why can't one make a show about it?...Why can't one let everyone know about it?...I feel that Balika Vadhu is showing us as it is...they showing us the facts!...Which i totally appereciate and give a big hand to everyone that is involved in this show!Clap...This show touches eveyrone's heart...doesn't it?...I know more about child marriages now than before and its only because of this show...I am now aware of how big this situation is...I am now aware of how wrong this is...and i am now aware of how stopping child marriage is not impossible, it IS possible...Aren't you?

And the other thing is...I don't know why people forget that this is a SHOW too...I feel that, to keep this show going Balika Vadhu is doing a FANTASTIC job...its true that they are showing every little facts possible...and they are also showing a little different elements like the love life of the Anandi & Jagdish...Sugna& Shyam etc!...and some of us here think that that's giving a wrong message but i feel that its not giving any wrong message...after any kind of marriage stuff like this DOES happen...its natural and i think everyone should except that.LOL..I mean what did you expect after a marriage?...i know they are too young and all but they have been put in to that situation.

That's all i have got to say!Embarrassed
And please do remember that its only my opinion..!Embarrassed

xoxo
-LaraSmile

Edited by fly2me - 16 July 2009 at 9:20am

MonMad

Goldie

MonMad

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
People need to understand that it is just a show and very far from reality even though it has a message at the end of every episode.

lavy

Goldie

lavy

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
What is the message from Suguna's so called wedding? When Suguna tells Sumithra that she will NEVER be able to accept anyone else but pratap as her husband and that she is all pratap's, why could the mother not put some MUCH NEEDED sense in the dumb girl's brain? She is proud shes carrying pratap's child - Am just so confused with this serial nowdays.

london741

Groupbie

london741

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lavy

What is the message from Suguna's so called wedding? When Suguna tells Sumithra that she will NEVER be able to accept anyone else but pratap as her husband and that she is all pratap's, why could the mother not put some MUCH NEEDED sense in the dumb girl's brain? She is proud shes carrying pratap's child - Am just so confused with this serial nowdays.

i totally agree with you... this show is going in wrong direction... specially in sugna's case... first they showed her pregnant...and now soooo dumb...Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top