Harry Potter

India-Forums

HBP Movie - My thoughts. (Page 3)

Asha004 IF-Rockerz
Asha004
Asha004

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone!

I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night (July 17)!!!!And let me tell you I looooovvveeed it!!!It was definitely the best movie yet in terms of entertainmentEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

**WARNING:SPOILERS AHEAD!Enter at your own risk!**

Things I Didn't Like:

*The beginning scene with Harry and the random waitressConfusedI was confused and this scene was not at all appealing 2 me bcuz firstly I don't believe it had any sort of significance where the story was concerned.Secondly it wasn't even in the bookOuch

*No DursleysOuchOuchI know they aren't the most important characters in the series BUT they are a crucial part of Harry's life especially when Dumbledore tried 2 talk them into letting Harry stay until he turned eighteen in the book....I believe this is important not exactly 2 the plot but because of the unattractive relationship Harry shares with the DursleysOuch

*Harry and Ginny's relationship seemed out of place in the movie.I don't know what it was but I feel it was somewhat due to the fact that the previous movies didn't place enough emphasis on this relationship so when we saw them 2gether every 3rd or 4th scene it was a bit DeadIt was akward I would have to say lolLOL

*Barely any Lupin, Tonks, Hagrid or Neville....they r wonderful characters and they just got lost in this movieOuchAngryEspecially the Lupin Tonks lovestory>I mean the fact that Tonks said "....sweetheart" [referring to Lupin] in the one scene they shared cannot make up 4 the buildup on their relationship!AngryAll lot of people liked this couple and many more were disappointed that they were not given the screen time they deservedCry

*No emphasis on Fleur and Bill's relationship>I don't see how they will work this out seeing as they straight out get married in the last installmentConfused

*There were like NO class scenes shown in this movieOuchOuchAngryI know they are out trying 2 save the world and all but they are also enrolled at Hogwart which requires attending actual classes and actually doing homeworkAngryAngryI don't believe that one class scene with Slughorn (potions) was enough to satisfy this cravingAngry

*Harry didn't receive enough information about the Horcruxes from Dumbledore.He doesn't fully understand what they do and how to obtain them and/or destroy them....and not to mention where exactly to lookOuchAngry

*No Dumbdore Funeral:Although I would have loved it....I heard rumors that they will be filming it in the last movie....if this is the case...let's see what happensBig smile

*NO fighting scene:I was actually looking 4ward 2 these type of scenes in the movie....I don't know what it is about HP wand fighting and dark magic and spells.....it just gets me all worked up and the adrenaline rush kicks in and I start 2 get goosebumps on my arms....It is an ammaaaazzziiinnngg feeling and I didn't experience it with the same intensity as the previous moviesCry

Things I Liked:

There are A LOT more things I liked than didn't like

*The beginning bridge scene was exceptionally well done I thoughtClapClapIt was intense and it made me get goosebumps....it actually got me excited 4 the movie....and immediately caught my attention....not every movie does that.....but all hp movies do that 4 me so this was nothing newWinkLOL

*I liked Ron and Lavender's relationship....it came across as entertainingly humorous....I didn't necessarily see it in this light while I was reading the book....ClapClapI saw it as a more serious way of winning over Hermione through jealousy than anything elseEmbarrassed

*Draco Malfoy: I loved Tom's portrayal of Draco in this movie....it was PERFECT and left me asking 4 more scenes with himCryCryHe was also good eye-candy as wellBig smileAlthough I've always found him handsome but this movie just brought that attraction 2 a whole new level!Big smile

*I like Ron a lot in this movie....my mom loved in all the other movies but didn't like his performance in this movie....but I think she is crazy!ShockedI thought he was one of the more comical relief aspects of the movie.

*Ron's "drunk" scene with his obssession over RomildaLOLLOL

*Felix FelicisClapClap

*Harry: "Siiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrr"ROFLROFLROFL

*Tom Riddle:Although I liked the previous Tom Riddle better [the one in the Chamber of Secrets], I thought this guy didn't do a particularly bad job portraying Tom Riddle....I didn't have a problem with himSmileEmbarrassed

*McLaggen: I NEVER imagined Cormac to be so handsome....I always thought he looked like the really short geeky kid but maybe my interpretation was just misunderstoodLOLLOLI really liked the guy who played him in the movie and loved the "finger licking scene"LOLLOL

*Loved the Semi- Quidditch match!SmileLOLI wished it could have been an actual game and much longer than it wasOuchCryCry

*Oh!I love Fred and George's music....does anyone know the name or where I can listen 2 it?ConfusedLOLEmbarrassed

*Harry's Confrontation with Snape after Snape kills DumbledoreClapClap

*Malfoy's fright and guilt 4 being the "Chosen One" needed 2 carry out Voldemort's deedsClapClap

.......there r lots more likes and once I think of them I will come back and edit my posts lolEmbarrassed

Movie Rating: 8.5/10

*Loved it!Loved it!We all knew the whole book could not be converted into the movieOuchThat was just
impossible!OuchCryCryAnyways....I loove HP series 2 death but I am looking at this movie as a movie and not an interpretation of a famous book from a well-known seriesWinkIf u look at it in this sense it it amazing!I loved the humor especially.....ClapClap
*Why not a 10 thenConfused?A lot of crucial things were left out and the movie was way too short lol!OuchCryCry
All in all it was an awesome movie and I definitely recommend you go see it...today lol!LOLEmbarrassedSmile

Love,
TanuSmile
Leenasmg IF-Sizzlerz
Leenasmg
Leenasmg

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 11:11am | IP Logged
I saw HP yday morning! And i LOVED IT!
Although it was quite different to the book and quite a few scenes that were not in the book were added..i really did love it! lol!
It makes sense coz they can't include everything in the book coz the book was around 600 pages! but they way they put wot they did in and showed everything was really kool!
One of the best HP films according to me!

^^I agree about the beginning! The Station scene was not needed, i feel that they should have stuck to Dumbledore coming to get Harry from the Dursley's! I really did like that scene in the book!

Also, i felt that yhh we should have been told more about Horcruxes, in the book when Dumbledore shows Harry Slughorn's memory, they hear the work 'Horcrux'..so i didn't understand why they showed it as if they had to find out wot Riddle was talking about!
They should have shown more memory's about Riddle, like the one where that man from the Ministry goes to visit Riddle's grandfather and so then more could have been said about the history of the ring - horcrux no.2!

And also the memory of when Riddle is working at Borgin and Burkes and he goes to visit the lady who had Slytherin's locket and Hufflepuff's cup! Coz that would lead us on into DH..and it would tell us that Harry kinda know's wot he's looking for! So im wondering whether they mite show Harry remembering this memory in DH coz otherwise those who haven't read HP would be confused as they wouldn't know how Harry knows that the Cup and maybe even the Diadem is a Horcrux!

Umm..wot else! I think that they should have shown more of Mr and Mrs Weasley and Tonks and Lupin - esp their relationship! I didn't even hear when Tonks called Lupin 'sweetheart'..LOL!

I really liked the addition of the attack at the Burrow! And esp Bellatrix singing "I killed Sirius Black...i killed Sirius Black"..that was too funny! I really liked that scene!

I missed Hagrid in this movie..although at times he can be annoying..i think they should have atleast shown why they weren't showing Hagrid as much..meaning they could have atleast added one scene to show the the trio aren't taking his subject which made him upset!

I loveddd the fact that they showed more of Harry and Hermione's friendship..esp the scene right after Lavender kisses Ron and how Harry lends his shoulder for Hermione to cry on..that was really sweet! Also, im glad they showed just Harry and Ron scenes too - like the Skin scene! haha!

All the scenes with Ron and Hermione were really well shown..they were hilarious!
But talking about relationships..i feel they should have expanded on showing that Harry likes Ginny! lol! Coz it was a bit sudden! they should have show maybe a few more Harry and Ginny love scene too! Coz even after the kiss...it was like are they even together or wot?

They should have shown definetly shown the two Quidditch matches which the cut out...the first where Luna gives commentry and Harry gets injured..that would have been jkes to see! And also the final where Harry is in detention with Snape! And then they could have prolly put the Harry Ginny kiss there! LOL!

I absolutely loved the Felix scene! Haha..that was too funny!
Slughorn: Harry!
Harry: Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I couldn't stop laughing! LOOL! We got the chance to see a different side of Harry which was good..coz Harry otherwise is always portrayed as serious!

The cave scene was shot brilliantly, that was mostly exactly how it was written in the book! Gambon did an amazingg job! Till now i preferred the old Dumbledore! And the film where i change my mind..he dies! LOL! But he was soo great in that scene as Dumbledore..and it was weird in a way too..coz we've never been shown Dumbledore as weak!

Dumbledore's death scene was really really touching! Esp when he fell from the tower..that was really sad!
Snape in that scene was amazing, the way he tells Harry to be quiet and then goes and kills Dumbledore! haha!
I loved Alan Rickman in this film..he's gr8 in all the films! but yhh!

They should have added the fighting scene in the end, it would have been nice to see! The DA and the Order, they weren't shown much in the film so just for that purpose..lol!

Hmm..thats it mostly..i've like gone on about everything! LOOL!
But despite the fact that i feel that some scenes should not have been cutted..i lovedd the film! David Yates did an awesomee job with the film and what was shown! =D

Go to top