HBP Movie - My thoughts.

-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
First of, I'm a fan of David Yates and what he brings to the series (and yes, I know he does take away).
I advise you not to read this if you haven't watched the movie.

I'm going start off with the more controversial of topics.
Burrow Attack Scene: I liked it honestly. It showed Remus-Tonks and Tonks called Remus sweetheart :). The burrow attack scene is a great set up for the DH because they can use it as a reason why they must put so much security and such. It also showed the growing closeness for Ginny/Harry though I must say Ginny tying Harry's laces was prettty odd. it was a thrilling scene because Greyback and Bellatrix were hiding in the bushes while everyone tried to spot them out. People compain about this scene too much saying that this should've been taken out but it worked with the film I believe.
No Funeral: I'm glad the funeral was out because it would've made Dumbledore seem to ordinary. Dumbledore is the greatest wizard of all time but still has such a great heart and spirit. It would've been to pitiful to have a funeral but I liked how they had Fawkes flying away in the end.

So the movie was genuinely really funny. Some of my favourites:
*Ginny enters Slughorn's meeting, Harry stands up*. Oh man that was hilarious.
I loved the whole Ron-Harry talking about skin. I'm glad they had some Ron-Harry scenes even though it ws more about them talking about the love interests.
Harry on Felix was really funny.
"Harry"
"Siirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Everyone in my theatre laughed at that for minutes.

Also, when Harry was demonstrating Aragog's pincers, it was really funny. Harry clapping really fast when Slughorn and Hagrid finished singing.
Harry was asking Snape a question about Dumbledore's whereabouts and Snape just looked at him like "I'm too cool for this foo'" and he just walked away. Another highlight was when Cormac was looking at Hermione while they were eating ice-cream and he started licking his fingers in an attemptive seductive manner. Me and my friend pretty much split our spleen at that.  There were a lot of hilarious scenes in this.

The action was great. The inferi were right on with the image I had in my head. The part when one of them grab Harry's hand in the cave, it made me jump in my seat. The beginning when the Death Eaters were flying around the streets and shops made me feel so dizzy and yet I forced myself not to blink.

All in all, I enjoyed it fully. I'm going go watch it at least once more in theatres, probably on the 29th when it's 3D!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think David Yates has been really amazing this time around.

Give or take a few things...the rest was amazing
I loved the starting of the movie....esp as the warner bros logo was shown amongst all those dark clouds....I could really feel my heart pumping

And the bridge collapse scene was spot on...the DE apparating around...shown brilliantly...

I loved all the romance and comedy scenes...they were really really great and well written!

Well, I did not like the Burrow burning scene because I felt it was not only an unnecessary addition, it also made them cut out the last fighting scene....I wanted to see the OotP, the DA and the rest of the students coping with the DE...I wanted to see Ron and Hermione esp. fighting...I wanted to see Ginny, Luna Neville the twins, Tonks, Lupin fighting....

All I got was a H/G and R/T trailor...only got a few ppl just running hear and there and cwering...when I wanted to see them take on the DE..head on!
I felt this was the one major disappointment...and it cut out so many scenes!

I wanted Dumbledore's funeral...I wanted to see Hagrid carrying Dumbledore's body and how he was encased in his marble tomb

Also....I hated that even though this movie treated Ron better in terms of screen space...yet in the last scene we find only Harry and Hermione doing the talking and poor Ron is not given even a single dialogue. That's sacrilege..!!!

But I loved the Quidditch scenes..."Go Weasley!!!"

From the acting POV, I found Alan Rickman and Tom Felton were the best...esp Felton...he was really brilliant in this one...he shined.
And Rickman is obviously the best in each movie...

I did not like Radcliffe's performance...he was flat in the emotional scenes...Watson was over-used and she was stealing poor Rupert's lines...
Rupert was cute in the limited comedy scenes that he was given...he rocked in the Love Potion sceneπŸ˜†
Bonnie was also okay...I wanted the exact book verion of THE kiss though...

I liked the Riddle backstory even though I was waiting for a few more Pensive scenes...and the Gaunt backstory was completely condensed into one single dialogue by Dumbledore...but I liked the way the only two pensive scenes were shot...the aura from the kid Tom Riddle was especially chilling!

Slughorn was a nice comedy..I loved...OMG absolutely loved what he said about Lily and the flower-fish!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was such a brilliantly touching story!

I also loved the cave scene...this scene was one of the best and one of the most accurate throughout the movie verse and for the first time I felt that I was reading JK's HBP...the background..the way they showed the cave and all those rocks...and the inferi..and Dumbledore's fire-spell...those looked like cut-outs from the HBP book covers..so special ;points for making the scene look authentic!

And all the Harry-Dumbledore scenes esp in the cave were so touching...Dumbledore was another great surprise....I actually felt I was seeing Dumbledore after such a long time...he was convincing

And Dumbledore's death....OMG...I never cried for Sirius nor for Cedric but I had tears in my eyes during Dumbledore's death...both Snape and Dumbledore were spot on in that last climactic scene.. I am now mourning Dumbledore all over again!!!

I have lots more to say...but I think I'll go and see the movie again instead πŸ˜†

EDIT: I sooo also loved all the Harry Hermione friendship scenes....I loved it that Harry played the part of a perfect best friend during the whole R/Hr tragicomedy..to BOTH of them

I esp loved the way Harry let Hermione cry on his shoulder...it was one of the best examples of best friendship!!!πŸ˜³πŸ‘
πŸ‘Edited by Eloquent - 14 years ago
Guronge thumbnail
I agree. This movie was so different from all the others, and that's why I loved it so much.
It was a perfect mixture of everything, humour, action, suspense.
although, I didn't like how Cho wasn't mentioned and how her and Harry didn't work and the waitress was so random!

and the movie made 20 million just from midnight shows, its been given the title of best midnight gross!

-Navi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eloquent

I think David Yates has been really amazing this time around.

Give or take a few things...the rest was amazing
I loved the starting of the movie....esp as the warner bros logo was shown amongst all those dark clouds....I could really feel my heart pumping Same and Bellatrix screaming "I Killed Sirius Blaaaaaack", haunting.

And the bridge collapse scene was spot on...the DE apparating around...shown brilliantly... I agree, it's better than just Fudge and the muggle minister talking about it.

I loved all the romance and comedy scenes...they were really really great and well written!

Well, I did not like the Burrow burning scene because I felt it was not only an unnecessary addition, it also made them cut out the last fighting scene....I wanted to see the OotP, the DA and the rest of the students coping with the DE...I wanted to see Ron and Hermione esp. fighting...I wanted to see Ginny, Luna Neville the twins, Tonks, Lupin fighting.... but since they took out the staff, ootp and da fighting the death eaters, it makes the viewers understand that the death eaters not only did the impossible by getting into hogwarts that all that did happen with Dumbledore did happen quickly. I would've liked the fighting scene but what's done is done.

All I got was a H/G and R/T trailor...only got a few ppl just running hear and there and cwering...when I wanted to see them take on the DE..head on!
I felt this was the one major disappointment...and it cut out so many scenes!

I wanted Dumbledore's funeral...I wanted to see Hagrid carrying Dumbledore's body and how he was encased in his marble tomb But they did do everyone raising their wands to get rid of the Death Eaters mark in the sky which was also very touching.

Also....I hated that even though this movie treated Ron better in terms of screen space...yet in the last scene we find only Harry and Hermione doing the talking and poor Ron is not given even a single dialogue. That's sacrilege..!!!  I thought that was all not needed especially when Hermione cracked a joke about how Harry-Ginny should keep the snogging to minimum or something, very out of place.

But I loved the Quidditch scenes..."Go Weasley!!!" Yes, quiddith was awesome in this one. I liked the better use of angles especially.

From the acting POV, I found Alan Rickman and Tom Felton were the best...esp Felton...he was really brilliant in this one...he shined.
And Rickman is obviously the best in each movie... Agree fully.

I did not like Radcliffe's performance...he was flat in the emotional scenes...Watson was over-used and she was stealing poor Rupert's lines... Daniel Radcliffe was goood minus a few cringy scenes. At least, Emma's eyebrows weren't the centre show this tiem around haha.
Rupert was cute in the limited comedy scenes that he was given...he rocked in the Love Potion sceneπŸ˜†
Bonnie was also okay...I wanted the exact book verion of THE kiss though... You're just like my friend, she wanted the H/G kiss in the common room but since they took out that last quiddith match it probably would've been harder to do. But with the kiss being where it was, it probably made the rooom of requirement more memorable for movie goers because it's important for DH when it comes to the diadem.

I liked the Riddle backstory even though I was waiting for a few more Pensive scenes...and the Gaunt backstory was completely condensed into one single dialogue by Dumbledore...but I liked the way the only two pensive scenes were shot...the aura from the kid Tom Riddle was especially chilling! But with showing the gaunt scene what new would it had showed us? Riddle came from messed up people? I liked teenage riddle more than I thought I would from the stills that I saw prior to watching the movie. Little Riddle was perfect. I also liked the part when Harry touches the ring and those Voldemort pictures start blazing up on the screen, definatly startled me.

Slughorn was a nice comedy..I loved...OMG absolutely loved what he said about Lily and the flower-fish!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was such a brilliantly touching story! Yes, Frances.. I can't remember but was that in the book?

I also loved the cave scene...this scene was one of the best and one of the most accurate throughout the movie verse and for the first time I felt that I was reading JK's HBP...the background..the way they showed the cave and all those rocks...and the inferi..and Dumbledore's fire-spell...those looked like cut-outs from the HBP book covers..so special ;points for making the scene look authentic!

And all the Harry-Dumbledore scenes esp in the cave were so touching...Dumbledore was another great surprise....I actually felt I was seeing Dumbledore after such a long time...he was convincing Gambon did play Dumbledore really rough in the GoF especially when he hauled Harry "diddjjaaaa put yaaa naaameee in the goblet of fiaahhhh".

And Dumbledore's death....OMG...I never cried for Sirius nor for Cedric but I had tears in my eyes during Dumbledore's death...both Snape and Dumbledore were spot on in that last climactic scene.. I am now mourning Dumbledore all over again!!! I had tears when Snape signalled Harry to say shush and when after when everybody was outside around Dumbledore's body. The scene when Harry was putting Dumbledore's beard out of his face made me die a bit inside. I loved that Harry-Snape scene, I was pretty much mouthing all the lines to myself.

I have lots more to say...but I think I'll go and see the movie again instead πŸ˜†

EDIT: I sooo also loved all the Harry Hermione friendship scenes....I loved it that Harry played the part of a perfect best friend during the whole R/Hr tragicomedy..to BOTH of them That was fantastic, though it could be misleading to H/Hr shippers.

I esp loved the way Harry let Hermione cry on his shoulder...it was one of the best examples of best friendship!!!πŸ˜³πŸ‘ "How do feel when you see Ginny and Dean together"
*something something, Ron gets birds flown at him*
"It feels like this"
πŸ‘

-Navi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guronge

I agree. This movie was so different from all the others, and that's why I loved it so much.

It was a perfect mixture of everything, humour, action, suspense.
although, I didn't like how Cho wasn't mentioned and how her and Harry didn't work and the waitress was so random!

and the movie made 20 million just from midnight shows, its been given the title of best midnight gross!

22.2 Million, that is very impressive. It beat Dark Knight which held the previous record. I'm guessing this will be the first Potter film to make 1 billion by itself.
sabrinaa. thumbnail
gahhhhhhhhhh im not x-ing out thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

i didnt atch yettttttttttttttt, i'll go watch and come backkkkkk

but i don't know when i'll watch itt, prolly saturday so i can actially get ticketsssssss
-Navi thumbnail
^ Haha, I'm so amused at how you are the only one who didn't use proper punctuation and such.

I saw on mugglenet, that HBP made 58.4 million in just 1 day, Bruno made 30 million over a weekend, woot go HBP!
-Masakali- thumbnail
It was AWESOME! OMG I thought the inferis were like an extra from Lord of the Rings..
-Navi thumbnail
^ Gollum, yeah that's what me friend kept saying.
sabrinaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Navi

^ Haha, I'm so amused at how you are the only one who didn't use proper punctuation and such.

I saw on mugglenet, that HBP made 58.4 million in just 1 day, Bruno made 30 million over a weekend, woot go HBP!

jakbndfakl welllll im soo ehkkkkkk abput not getting the ticketss! me and my friends are gonna try for tomorrow and if that aint gonna work we'll try the day after and keep on tryingggggggggggggg

ahah im not the one to ignore punctuatin and all that jazz b.c it annoys the hell out of me :D
but i did anywayss .. πŸ˜†