This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 16

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Okay, continuing here then ...

Absolutely, I think life is definitely worth living. Life is always worth living, sometimes what we are living for, is what's not worth living for. And we don't realize that soon enough. I think sometimes people spend half their lives in search of something that's not meant for them, seeking something they already have, or wanting something they don't need. I think walking around with a meaningless life is the worst punishment you can give yourself. We all have to find a way to give our life meaning, to devote our lives to something or someone that will make it worthwhile, that will give it direction, purpose, and meaning.

People think that with death, will come the solace they seek. But I think that you can seek solace in life as well, if only you try to understand why something is, because really, that's all that we can do.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veilbaz786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is life worth living? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Absolutely, I think life is definitely worth living. Life is always worth living, sometimes what we are living for, is what's not worth living for. And we don't realize that soon enough. I think sometimes people spend half their lives in search of something that's not meant for them, seeking something they already have, or wanting something they don't need. I think walking around with a meaningless life is the worst punishment you can give yourself. We all have to find a way to give our life meaning, to devote our lives to something or someone that will make it worthwhile, that will give it direction, purpose, and meaning.

People think that with death, will come the solace they seek. But I think that you can seek solace in life as well, if only you try to understand why something is, because really, that's all that we can do.

WA All i can say is Thumbs Up Clap u see i don't always comment myself coz i have difficulty expression my point but i can appreciate good posts as urs is one of them Big smile

Edited by baz786 - 14 July 2009 at 12:23pm

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Wonderfully put WA!!.... I really like the first part you put across... In reply to POH on the other page... I find it exactly how I feel about life as well... ;)

@NF... I don't agree with part of what you said dear... Just part of it don't worry!!... Lolz... See the thing is, most suicides, as stated in one of the French books I read, in the world are due to one thing going completely wrong, and how it affects that phase of our life entirely... Suicides are often triggered by one mistake, which makes things go completely haywire!!... This does not, in any case mean, that the person has no one left in the world to love, or to be loved from... I don't think that truly is the case... I don't believe in the concept that he has no one to love... Frankly speaking, though I know its easier said than done, you always have someone to love, and there always is someone who will love you and cry upon your death and that applies even if you are Saddam Hussain or Usama Bin Laden deserving that death!!... Its just the person's tolerance at that point of his life that boosts him to take such extreme steps... Remember, we, as human beings, are extremely coward, and thus, taking one's life is not an easy task... Its just that extreme depression at that point of time, that ability, or should I say, disability to tolerate no more... "bardaash se bahar" you could also say... For me, I believe, something always happens for the best for you... Even the worst happens for your best, for you to grow out of it and learn from it... Not cry over it... If something happened, let it be, let it go after learning from the bitter experience... Because people will talk and forget... No one lives their lives for others, not in today's world... Those who do, they are called sages... Wink Though I believe even that is becoming a business very fast... Don't misunderstand me, but I feel, if a sage is coming to your country, living in the most expensive hotel around, travelling in first class and taking fees that sometimes are greater than both those costs put together, then what are you learning from him/her?...

Sorry went a bit off tangent... All in all, at whatever point of time in life, for me, suicide never is better than living one's life... Who knows, someone may commit suicide and a few moments later good news may have arrived to him/her? Those are the strange ways of life, like it or not!!... Tongue

Cheers,
Sneha

Edited by sneha0601 - 14 July 2009 at 12:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by baz786

WA All i can say is Thumbs Up Clap u see i don't always comment myself coz i have difficulty expression my point but i can appreciate good posts as urs is one of them Big smile

Thanks Baz, but quite honestly I think that you can always express yourself in any words. There's no such thing as proper expression. I'd love to hear what you think - ideas and opinions don't need fancy words. Remember that.

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by baz786

Thanks Baz, but quite honestly I think that you can always express yourself in any words. There's no such thing as proper expression. I'd love to hear what you think - ideas and opinions don't need fancy words. Remember that.

well thanks for the encouragement WA Thumbs Up

i think ive said what i had to say in my initial posts here plus i agree with many here including u

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneha0601

Wonderfully put WA!!.... I really like the first part you put across... In reply to POH on the other page... I find it exactly how I feel about life as well... ;)

@NF... I don't agree with part of what you said dear... Just part of it don't worry!!... Lolz... See the thing is, most suicides, as stated in one of the French books I read, in the world are due to one thing going completely wrong, and how it affects that phase of our life entirely... Suicides are often triggered by one mistake, which makes things go completely haywire!!... This does not, in any case mean, that the person has no one left in the world to love, or to be loved from... I don't think that truly is the case... I don't believe in the concept that he has no one to love... Frankly speaking, though I know its easier said than done, you always have someone to love, and there always is someone who will love you and cry upon your death and that applies even if you are Saddam Hussain or Usama Bin Laden deserving that death!!... Its just the person's tolerance at that point of his life that boosts him to take such extreme steps... Remember, we, as human beings, are extremely coward, and thus, taking one's life is not an easy task... Its just that extreme depression at that point of time, that ability, or should I say, disability to tolerate no more... "bardaash se bahar" you could also say... For me, I believe, something always happens for the best for you... Even the worst happens for your best, for you to grow out of it and learn from it... Not cry over it... If something happened, let it be, let it go after learning from the bitter experience... Because people will talk and forget... No one lives their lives for others, not in today's world... Those who do, they are called sages... Wink Though I believe even that is becoming a business very fast... Don't misunderstand me, but I feel, if a sage is coming to your country, living in the most expensive hotel around, travelling in first class and taking fees that sometimes are greater than both those costs put together, then what are you learning from him/her?...

Sorry went a bit off tangent... All in all, at whatever point of time in life, for me, suicide never is better than living one's life... Who knows, someone may commit suicide and a few moments later good news may have arrived to him/her? Those are the strange ways of life, like it or not!!... Tongue

Cheers,
Sneha

Thanks, Sneha! Smile

Excuse me for interrupting your debate, but couldn't help but give my two cents. I think that suicide is a very drastic step, and I don't think we will ever understand what compels someone to take this action or even to consider it. We, as humans, run very high on emotions, and I find that emotions can cause us to take drastic actions. It is not necessarily a bad thing, emotions are just as important as logic. But when emotions overcome logic, it is then where our minds are the most dangerous, I think.

I think even wanting to end one's life is something that people desire when life seems meaningless. Which brings me back to my previous post, we all need to find meaning in our life. We need purpose and direction, we need to devote our lives to something or someone, to make it more meaningful. But I think in the lowest points of our lives, we forget those who we make our life worth living.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaBeyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Ok, I am in a rush to go camp out so do not have the opportunity to present a lot of deep thought here.

Life is worth living, every drop and ounce of it. Honestly, I could give a damn about deeper philosophy and what my purpose of deeper existence is. All I know is that in my life I get to do pretty great things like ride on Vertical Velocity, eat chocolate and wear ripped jeans. And yes not to sound like a perv, but with all the topics we have had, theres all the big ohs to look forward too. There probably is not any point to it all, but it feels friggin awesome to do things.

Yeah Life!!!!!! Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top