Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: the_Naked_face

but because they are someone that have no purpose to live their life let be for a person or a career, when the purpose of life is lost then that person is lost in life

You bring one really good point here. I don't think any human being can live happily unless and until he learns to appreciate the beauty of the interconnection of the universe, that how each and every single entity that exists serves a purpose, has significance, and a role to play, that without even a single atom, the universe would not have been what it is today.

The question here is how much pain could one stand?

That's another good angle to ponder over. While it is easy to say that one should be 'patient' and 'calm', I do not think it is easy to follow this philosophy all the time. Though I have heard people say 'one isn't sustained with things one cannot bear', I do not think this is necessarily true. Many a times pain and sufferings cross all boundaries and limits for any one to bear.

A sucidal person is like an infant that needs his mother to help him walk through the journey of life and protect him.

If there is someone to 'protect' you, or 'help' you in your journey, I do not think the person would remain suicidal. Furthermore, I do not think a person would commit suicide if he finds there is at least one human being who cares for him, who lives for him, cries for him. People are capable of committing suicide the only time they think they are an insignificant part of the universe, who has no role to play, no goal to complete, no life to live.

POH the poll option does not match any of my thoughts...i cant decide what to vote for.

I made this topic in a hurry, so my poll option may come out as jumbled up. Add your own thoughts and post it if you feel the poll options does no contain what you wish to convey.

but what if life gives up on you?

What would be the purpose of life when life itself rejects you

Care to clarify what you are trying to convey by distinguishing between 'your life' and 'yourself'? Are you speaking about ones free will, and ones destiny?
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Pushed into Prostitution,  Pushed into crime, Pushed into drugs, forced into tears, forced into sorrow, forced into depression..

what then? do you continue on breathing? and if so who do you continue on breathing for when their is no one else that cares for you ?

Edit you might bring religious views into this...but do you think that the person that has suffered such pain in life would believe in God? would he not question, why did you do this to me? If your God then why havent you been kind on me? why havent you supported me when i needed you.

I said to God i am Hurt and God says i know...i say why dont you feel my pain then? God says i do, I said to God i cry i alot, God said thats why i give you tears...then why dont you wipe them for me....i said to God i feel its over, God said nothing is over until the game is on...i said to God why did you do this to me? God said cos i wanted to challenge you...i said to God you challenged me too much..my weights are bringing me down, i cant take it anymore...i said to God i dont love you.

Thus an atheist that doesnt love God , then what?

Xoxo

well put ROA.  can i just say that remember that God gives everyone free will to decide what he/she does.  however also remember that this life is a test with good times come the bad, it is what u do through the bad times that tests ur character and resolve and thats what God does u said why doesn't take the pain away and stop the tears maybe there are reasons for that, maybe that person whoever he/she is is being punished in the the life on earth to test there goodness and so that when they do pass away that they go straight to heaven instead of being okay in this life, despite knowing they've done wrong they wud be punished in the after life in hell then get to heaven. 

Anyway the best answer i can give is God knows Best only he know why things happen the way they do.  simple as that
baz786 thumbnail

Orite Peeps

i am going red to Die and RIP!! 😛

Peace!

Xoxo

lol i can't believe you just said that 😆 actally i can given what the debate is about that makes it even funnier 😆
So I can see that this topic is growing up in a rapid speed! Good! This is why I love DM so much!
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
baz786 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

S o I can see that this topic is growing up in a rapid speed! Good! This is why I love DM so much!

u did good posting this topic buddy 👏

Originally posted by: baz786

u did good posting this topic buddy 👏

I wanted to post it long back, but then I thought, we already have the 'suicide' topic to deal with these issues. But the threads aren't exactly alike so I opened this one.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Some of the issues raised here hav already been discussed in " How can God create Evil" 
_Angie_ thumbnail
I prefer to look at it this way- we " choose " our course of life to experience diff feelings & aspect of life to add to our understanding. This makes more sense if we b liv in reincarnation.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Is death worth seeking?

(more later)

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Is death worth seeking?

(more later)

Fantastic! 👍🏼 But shouldn't it be, 'is death worth dying for'?
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago