Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Being relatively new... I don't know if this has been debated yet or not... Just wanted to hear some of the views round here!! What do you guys feel?....

Is there a fixed date?
Can it actually happen?
Which country would take the first step?
Where should it actually start?
Can wars end? Will they ever?
Can Racism end? Someday? Anyday?
What do you think about the wars prevailing right now?
Other issues you'd like to highlight!!...

Cheers,
Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can World Peace ever be attained?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OM_Peace

IF-Dazzler

OM_Peace

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 2:53am | IP Logged

Oh My God Sneha kitne bhari barkham questions......LOLLL

let me counter that and ask another question - is peace always the answer? Why is peace always good? because we always want some amount of change right? if there is peace there is never any change and I'm an advocate of some amount of change and dealing with that change.. if you are permanently stuck in one place then it becomes boring...

Now if you constitute Peace as stoppage of terrorism or fighting between the various nations. we have never had it and I believe we will never have it.

Think of it this way - generally our parents have been part of bigger families. So lets envisage this scenario. All of your Dad's family that is his siblings, siblings other halves and their kids and the same on your mom's side. All of you come and live in one house. Now lets make the natural resources slightly low like maybe the number of bathrooms are less or something like that...

Now how do you see this house going.. do you ever see it in peace.. if its in peace how long before the next small fight over something erupts.. kids with the parents over something they want or anything else..

Now if we can get absolute peace there at that level we can look into getting it a more global level.. what say???

Racism is an important question - i seriously hope it stops, but then its so entrenched in all of us that its going to take zamanas to get through it. This is not about Indian, American etc - its about being dark or fair within a single race, its about being a girl or boy within the same race....

we slowly make a change in ourselves and make that change in a few others around you.. and then it slowly changes..

its like the way Traffic lights work - previously atleast where i say no one used to notice traffic lights or even if they did they never stopped unless there was no way for them to get through. But nowadays you see people even if there is way stopping and waiting for the correct light to come through. Changes happen slowly.. if any change happens too fast then its aftermath will not be very good.....

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Shantuuu Diii..... muahhhhhhhh

I love this line... I don't actually have a reason why.... I just know I love it... its about being dark or fair within a single race, its about being a girl or boy within the same race....

It says a lot without we actually realise it... And its so true....

But lets say, even if changes do come, will they ever lead to World Peace? Can it truly be attained on the global level you were referring too? But then, if there is World Peace, does this mean we still do need superpowers controlling the world?

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged
come to think of it I think the world wud B pretty boring without any conflict,,,

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

come to think of it I think the world wud B pretty boring without any conflict,,,

Come to think of it... I actually think ur right!!... Hahahahahaha...

OM_Peace

IF-Dazzler

OM_Peace

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneha0601

Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Come to think of it... I actually think ur right!!... Hahahahahaha...

that was my poiunt tooo - it is boring without conflict.... but still therer have to be some rules.. now we are just fighting about whose rules...

its the same at every level be it at home, at work, here at the forum maybe or at the global level...LOLLLLL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:29am | IP Logged
yeah if everyone had the same thoughts there wud B no debates or conflicts   & there wud B no progress either ! So I guess the world is perfect in its imperfectness LOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
yeah, when the world ends.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top