India-Forums

Half Blood Prince (Page 7)

ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
This is my opinion (in terms of acting):
Best acting:
Dan, Michael Gambon, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint (his comedic timing is great but my only gripe is that they ALWAYS high light Ron's comedic side but fail to give justice to his sensitive and emotional side), Alan Rickman, Slughorn dude, Luna (although would've liked more of her).
Acting not-so-best:
Emma Watson is a good actress but she can do the powerful Hermione acting better, when it comes to Hermione's vulnerable side, I think she has the tendency to over-act a bit (but liked the canary scene). Lavender- I really don't think Lavender was ditzy and hyper in the books like she was shown in the movie. Bonnie Wright was a tad expressionless in some of scenes.
Another gripe- I WANTED me some Tonks-Lupin lurrveee.
I have typed other too in the HP section, now don't wanna do it again.LOL
missindia26 IF-Rockerz
missindia26
missindia26

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 9:05am | IP Logged

How does Half Blood Prince rank in comparison to the series so far? I loved the book, thought it had a great storyline, really gripping, lots of great characters, comedy, romance etc so one of my favourites
Is the movie true to the book or not? Well I absolutely loved the movie, but I don't think it was true to the book
Criticisms for deviating from the book, commencements for staying true to the book? Erm well personally I want the film to be as accurate as possible, then again it's not always practical. I would have liked to have seen Bill-Fleur, burial scene (I think this would have made Dumbledore's death a lot more piognant), battle scene etc. I thought the Burial scene was dramatic and well-shot, but I'm not sure if it was a necessary addition. However, I liked the extra comedy put inot the film.
Growth of characters, and their acting? Casting choices, portrayal of characters? All of the trio have really evolved as characters, become much stronger personalities and Daniel, Emma and Rupert really showed the change of the characters, especially showed how they have matured and how there is more romantic tension. I liked all the casting choices except Narcissa Malfoy. Best portrayal for me was Draco Malfoy by Tom Felton - superb, he showed all emotions: vulnerable, furious, helpless, terrified, confused etc and he looked great too
Is this the darkest movie so far? Is it appropriate for kids too? Would young kids enjoy it or be frightened? Hmm I actually think OOTP was probabaly darker, as the battle was taken out of this movie. The Cave scene could be pretty frightening for young kids, I know a lot of people jumped at that patrt in the cinema. However, I think it is appropriate for kids above the age of 7/8, especially if they have been following the series. Many readers are very young and I believe if they can deal with the book, then they should not be too scared of the film.
Is it the summer blockbuster of the year? Yes 100%! Ticket sales figyures already show that, and the audience is definitely larger than for Transformers.

Go to top