Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

-.nandini.-

IF-Rockerz

-.nandini.-

Posted: 15 July 2009 at 4:28am | IP Logged
heyy...was hoping to find something of this sort here...!! Big smile  although there's still three long days till i get to watch the movie...Ermm

i've read all seven HPs...loved them...and HBP ranks quite high on my list of preferences in the series, actually...with The Deathly Hallows being right on top for me...which is also the reason i'm quite pleased with the fact that it's being made into two movies, and agree completely with Sarina's Peter Jackson idea...making two movies is still a step closer, if not the whole hog...Approve

but yes, so far, barring the second movie, i've been a little disappointed with the rest...i was particularly disappointed with the Order of the Phoenix, somehow...and so i'm hoping HBP does better...

but yes, i've also noted that amongst the people who've watched the movies with me, the ones who've liked it more have invariably been the ones who haven't read the book...i guess that happens with most books turned into 70mm extravaganzas...it's the author's vision on paper, and the director's interpretation of it on screen...and that may not always be compatible with the way we interpret the book while reading it...hence the disappointment...

but i'll reserve comment on this one till i've seen it...Cool

cheers! Big smile

Edited by nandinidev - 15 July 2009 at 4:31am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Half Blood Prince (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 15 July 2009 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
I am going to watch the evening show, one more hour left. Big smile And I'm awfully tired after work .... blaah.

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 15 July 2009 at 5:05pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I am going to watch the evening show, one more hour left. Big smile And I'm awfully tired after work .... blaah---Same pinch .....Winkbooked already 5 ticket...wanna join...Wink.

I would have loved reading the book.  But as it is, I find it interesting because of course when am comparing a book with the movie, but not any sort of great piece of even kitschy literature.

I realize that even some really good movies that came from books,but i feel books are better than movies!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

I am going to watch the evening show, one more hour left. Big smile And I'm awfully tired after work .... blaah---Same pinch .....Winkbooked already 5 ticket...wanna join...Wink.

Why? Ticket book karne se pehle date nahi pakki kari kya? Ya phir paancho ne dhoka de diya? WinkLOL
And I already watched the movie. Wink

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Okay, now my review, comments, thoughts. Read at your own risk if you haven't watched the movie yet.

(Also, I'm very bad at remember the actor's names, so will use the character's name when needed)

Umm, where should I start? I thought some parts were portrayed beautifully, they were well thought-out and well acted. My personal favorites from the movie were as follows:

- I absolutely loved loved loved Draco Malfoy in this movie. The actor did such a wonderful job of portraying the vulnerable Draco in this movie. He was so strong from the outside, vulnerable from inside, confused, yet also mesmerizing. And most importantly he looked dashing (or I have weird taste). I loved how totally evil he can be, I like the aura that surrounds him. It reminds me of Chuck from Gossip Girl. Anyways, in this book, we see Draco's other side, and it was spectacularly portrayed in this movie.

- I loved Harry-Hermione moments in the movie. They were extremely touching. Especially when Lavender first kisses Ron, and Hermione runs off in tears. Then she asks Harry how he feels when he sees Ginny with Dean. It was so cute.

-Ron played the lovestruck scenes very well, it was hilarious. And of course Harry-Ron moments are always the funniest.

-Daniel Radcliffe was awesome as Harry Potter, as always. I totally loved him when he takes the Felix Felicis. At the end of the movie though, I think he could've done a litte more, but perhaps the scenes did not permit anything more than what was portrayed.

-Bellatrix Lestrange was perfectly evil. Loved it. Severus Snape was mysterious and perfect as ever. Although this scene was not in the book, Bellatrix's appearance at the Burrow was such a mesmerizing scene. The sixth book concentrates so much on Harry's grief over Sirius' death, but the movie did not focus at all on that. I didn't like that. Not until this scene, do you see Harry's anger, bitterness, solitute, need for revenge, grief, and so much more as he runs after Bellatrix to kill her. I loved that scene, Daniel Radcliffe was spectacular.

Now what I didn't like:
The whole movie was nice until the end. I cannot believe that they decided to delete the Hogwart's battle. That is THE most exciting part of the sixth book. The whole battle builds the suspence, excitement, thrill, and then transitions into the shock after Albus Dumbledore's death. But the movie lacked all that thrill, Snape killed Dumbledore, and then that 2 minutes between Snape and Harry was all there was. It was rather pathetic, I thought. Even Harry's sorrow after Dumbledore's death was lackluster. The last 30 minutes of the movie were quite disappointing, I thought.

Will add more as I remember. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.nandini.-U-No-Poo

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by karandel_2008

I like Harry Potter movies....

...Though I read lot of books, I haven't read any Harry Potter book.

Wow, you might be the first person I have ever come across who likes the HP movies, likes reading, and yet haven't gone through the books ... Thanks for sharing! Big smile

May be I have this bad habit of doing unique things.

Big smile

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

Why? Ticket book karne se pehle date nahi pakki kari kya? Ya phir paancho ne dhoka de diya? WinkLOL--I know u r always readyLOL....issliye thooda late poocha....dont worry apun late hey tho bi, kuch latest karega if joinWink
And I already watched the movie. Wink---same story hey ya different heyWinkLOL

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:07am | IP Logged
@RTH Camping sounds very exciting. So how did it go finally?

Nevertheless, I wonder whether after long hours of camping people doze off in the cinema hall.

@Woh Ajnabee Thanks for the mini review, but before I read it fully, are there some spoilers, in your post, Tongue for those unfortunate people who havent watched the movie or read the book?

Edited by karandel_2008 - 16 July 2009 at 2:12am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top