Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Hiya guys...

I'd have to somewhat agree with Anju on the first point. Those who have read the last book of the series (though those who haven't have missed out on a lot I believe! hahaha) will definitely say the Half Blood Prince is just the booster behind the culmination of the series. Rowling needed one book where she could express feelings, emotions and certain things from the first 5 installments. The Half Blood Prince isn't my favourite, again maybe because of Dumbledore's death, because for me, he was one character that I thought would never perish, simply because people like him made us realise that the most important things in life are often the most simplest, the main one being Love... So its definitely a good book, all of those in the series have been, but its just not my favourite... Not meaning I don't like it... Of course I do, I still feel its a brillant class of work...

Is the movie true to the book or not? ~ Obviously don't know about this one as I think it has been out yet, or has it?... But from the British Press Reviews I've read too, everyone has been saying its the best representation so far, the truest and closest to the actual story in the book. Though I feel as well, we've discussed it in friends even, that had the made, lets say somewhat a kind of serial out of it over one year or something, it would have been a treat to watch... Instead of movies, where many titbits are removed or modified, highly reducing the overall charm!...

Growth of characters, and their acting? Casting choices, portrayal of characters? ~ Definitely a highly apt cast for the required specific roles... I've always felt Mrs. Weasely and Rupert Grint were magnificent actors for the Weasely family. Obviously THE Hary Potter, Daniel is good, very good even... Just at times, I felt a few pinches here and there where he wasn't up to the mark, but then, maybe I expect too much as well, for the Harry Potter in the book is definitely a character apart!!... Emma Watson is nice, very confident and extremely suits the parts she does. All the rest, Dumbledore even, do their roles up to the mark!... Snape is definitely one character I love watching when all the others don't, especially because of his acting skills, and the way they show the growth of his character. I'd like to add somehow, that the book describes the growth of the characters far better than the movie does, or maybe the one releasing tonight will give us some exciting surprises!...

Is this the darkest movie so far? Is it appropriate for kids too? Would young kids enjoy it or be frightened? ~ From what I've watched, I mean from the trailers etc... I definitely feel its the darkest.... I felt excited like never before watching simply the trailers... For the kids I don't know truly, today's kids are undescribable... For the most younger ones probably yes, but for those a bit older, maybe after 12 years or so, I don't think they'll be scared... On the contrary....

Is it the summer blockbuster of the year? Will it beat Transformers. ~ For me, as well as for many researchers I guess, that is not even a question, its an affirmation!!... LOL

Cheers,
Sneha

PS. Shantu Dii, I definitely feel you should watch the movies once, even if you don't like them... Because when you do, it makes it better to read the next book... You have a certain image of how the characters are, of how they would evolve... I just feel it gives a whole new dimension to the scenes when you read them, because you know the faces as such.... But definitely, I am with you on the point that the films never, ever were able to provide what the books have... ;))

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

OM_Peace

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Half Blood Prince (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 3:18am | IP Logged
It hasn't officially released yet, the premiere has taken place a few days ago. I remember thelondonpaper giving it 3*.
Pre-booked previews available from 2moro so basically HP officially releases in the UK on 15th july! :)

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Well, I'm extremely excited. All the trailers are making me even more restless. It releases in India on the 17th, that is friday, and hopefully I will be able to get atleast one ticket for friday's show LOL.

I think one of the main reasons why the films are subjected to harsh scrutiny is the fact that alot of stuff from the books is left out from the films. Alot of fans criticize the films for leaving out important things that might have helped in enriching the storyline.

As an avid fan of the books, I feel the absence of those things and there are moments when I can't help but exclaim, 'Damn ! How could they leave that out ?' But that said, I must admit that if this is what it takes to see one of the best literary works to come alive on screen, then I can brush off a few inconsistencies anyday. I do not expect a 12-hour long film which captures each and every moment of the book, I only expect the films to maintain a respectable amount of familiarity with the books. Infact, It is a delight to see each director's rendition of the books, since all of them envision the books differently.

Is it going to be the summer blockbuster ? Heck, Yes ! No second opinions on that :D

Coming to the book, It's one of my favourite books in the entire series. Like someone pointed out, It is a base for what later happens in Deathly Hallows. One of the other reasons why I loved this one was because we finally get an insight into Voldermort's past. I have always had an uncanny fascination with his character, and it was great to read his evolution from a lonesome kid to the 'Darket wizard of all time'.

I love the entire cast of the film. Special mention - Helena Carter, who plays Bellatrix Lestrange. She is absolutely awesome. This is exactly the way I had imagined Bellatrix to be. Wild, fierce, bizarre and vindicitve. Alan Rickman, who plays Snape. Plays the character to perfection. The Phelps twins. I don't know whether anyone has ever specially mentioned their names or not, but I feel they fit into the roles of Fred and George to the 'T'. They're as cool as Fred and George actually are. Ofcourse, the main cast are great. I think Daniel Radcliffe has completely moulded himself into the character of Harry. Daniel is Harry and Harry is Daniel. I particularly liked his performance in OOTP. Emma and Rupert are, needless to say, the only ones who can play Ron and Hermione.

Super excited for the film :D !

Edited by -Neetz- - 14 July 2009 at 7:12am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaSound

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 6:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:18am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Yeah, Labib, I was wondering why there has been a sudden transition in your habitat, because I remember coming across your posts in the HP section, and then you suddenly shifted here LOL

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:25am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top