Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
In less than twelve hours, I and hopefully all other good people will be watching the midnight show. I know there is an HP forum, but since this is DM lets debate on the movie. I know there are many HP fans out here on DM too. We will just keep it a bit serious and DM ish. Tongue

Points to ponder and debate

How does Half Blood Prince rank in comparison to the series so far?
Is the movie true to the book or not?
Criticisms for deviating from the book, commencements for staying true to the book?
Growth of characters, and their acting? Casting choices, portrayal of characters?
Is this the darkest movie so far? Is it appropriate for kids too? Would young kids enjoy it or be frightened?
Is it the summer blockbuster of the year? Will it beat Transformers.

Anything else you wish to seriously debate.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.nandini.-U-No-Poo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Half Blood Prince" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Oh my. I am super excited. In fact, I was supposed to read the sixth book before watching the movie, and I'm running out of time.

Hmm, for some reason, I always found the sixth book to be one of the lowest rank in the series. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I feel that Rowling used this book as a transition and added things that would spice up the last book of the series. Or perhaps it is Albus Dumbledore's death that breaks my heart, and therefore I refused to accept this book.

Is the movie true to the book? Hmm, well, I believe the movie's already out in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong, word of mouth isn't quiet reliable). I was told that some of the reviews online said that this movie is the closest representation of the any book thus far. I guess only time will tell.

Obviously, we can't expect them to fit everything into a 2 hour, 30 minutes long movie, but it makes me sad to see the smaller bits of the books go. The small, cute, perhaps irrelevant scenes, are what add to the book. And then seeing them being considered insignificant breaks my heart.

I think all the actors are very carefully picked out. I say that most of them suit the role quite magnificently. My favorites would have to be Professor Snape and Luna Lovegood, of course Daniel Radcliffe does a splendid job of being the "chosen one". One actor that I can't stand is Ginny Weasley. I think a differnet girl should have played that role. In fact, I'm quite annoyed.

Darkest movie so far? Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps it will be. The movies have a tendency of getting darker and darker. The book is pretty scary, I think, the inferi scares me. But my 10-year old sister says that there is no way that I can stop her from watching the movie, she didn't read the whole series for nothing. Though she did hold my hand through the last scenes of the Order of Phoenix, at the ministry.

Summer blockbuster of this year - heck yes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
OMG Ajnu, you have not read the book yet. I bought it at midnight and was done by 10 Am the next day. I think the makers of HP should have done what Peter Jackson did. Create shorter length movies for the theater and extended editions for hardcore fans.What is sad is book one is the shortest book and longest movie.

Anywho, will be watching the movie in twelve hours. Will be able to add more then.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

OMG Ajnu, you have not read the book yet. I bought it at midnight and was done by 10 Am the next day. I think the makers of HP should have done what Peter Jackson did. Create shorter length movies for the theater and extended editions for hardcore fans.What is sad is book one is the shortest book and longest movie.

Anywho, will be watching the movie in twelve hours. Will be able to add more then.

Oh- urgent need for clarification. I've read the book a few times, just not any time recently, therefore needed to reread it. LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Oh- urgent need for clarification. I've read the book a few times, just not any time recently, therefore needed to reread it. LOL

Whew! That sounds much better. You make me proud. Big smile

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Whew! That sounds much better. You make me proud. Big smile

Well thank you. I read each book again before the movie. And made a point to read all the books before the seventh one came out (oh that means, that's when i last read the sixth book, hmm). I'm a hardcore fan. LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
I'm 27 and wait in line LOL.

OM_Peace

IF-Dazzler

OM_Peace

Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
I loved the books... I saw the first movie and thought it was so bad.. My imagination was so much better so decided not to watch any of the other movies...

do you think the movies create any kind of justice to the books that rowling created - I've always thought the people who did not read the book are the ones that enjoy watching it.. I guess all of you have proved me wrong..... but still would like tyo know which would you rate better reading book or watching the movie...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Post Reply New Post

Go to top