Rajeevians Hangout - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
Rajeev Khandelwal on Sach Ka Saamna

As anticipation builds up towards the premiere of Sach Ka Samna, we speak to Rajeev Khandelwal, the man who will take people through their agnipariksha.

Why did you take up this show?
"This is very exciting. The concept of the show is something that just clicked with me. I would not want to miss out on something interesting that was offered to me. When I look back on my life, I want to say that I at least made an effort to do things that were not run of the mill. If Siddharth Basu (Synergy Adlabs) had not insisted that I watch episodes of the international show, Moment of Truth, I would have not accepted the offer."

Did you have any film obligations?

"I had grown my hair for my second film, Peter, and the producers didn't want audiences to see the look I would sport in the film. But when I sent CDs of the international show to Vikas of UTV (THE FILM PRODUCER?), he insisted that I do the show. When I said that everyone would see my new look, he persuaded me that people would still be surprised when they saw the film, as my look in that is much wilder. On the show I will look respectable and composed.

Were you uncomfortable while asking the questions?
"Yes, I was uncomfortable. I tell the contestants 'The questions I am going to ask you make me uncomfortable so just imagine how uncomfortable you will be answering them'. I have not worked out a particular character; as the host, I have decided to deal with them on a humane level, because it is not easy to own up to those truths. There is a certain way to ask the questions, so that the drama is maintained. Somehow, we all have a negative attitude towards the truth, which is so. Do you think a family should survive on bundle of lies? Keeping certain truths secret could be fatal. Having them out in the open can help to mend a relationship."

Are Indian men ready to accept unpleasant facts about their partners?

"People know what they are in for when they come on the show, so there must be some reason or motivation for them to do it. The polygraph test happens two-three days before the actual recording, so they must be discussing the questions. Despite knowing all this if they want to come on the show, who are we to be judgemental? In fact, we should appreciate that a woman has the courage to do it. We do not know why a woman cheats on her husband, we do not bother to find out what kind of husband she has, was she forced into the marriage, or is she looking for love that she not getting in a marriage. When she comes forward and admits to it in front of 100s of crores of people, we say, hats off."

Are you fine with the personal questions asked on the show?
"I think we still follow certain beliefs that are not right. Society does not have the right to stop people from telling the truth. We cannot lie just to be a happy family. Our parents, epics, everyone says we should tell the truth. The truth can be harsh, but why do we think it is wrong?"

What drama we will get to see?
"There is a lot of drama when the truth is revealed. You wonder, will someone have the courage to answer this? When you hear the questions, you will relate them to yourself. When you go to bed at 11 in the night, you will still be thinking about the questions asked on the show."

How have you prepared for the show?
"It is a very different show, so we did not have too many mock episodes as it is about the lives of people. The Synergy team worked with me for hours together. I would pretend to be the contestant and they would create the scenario. Sometimes I could not simulate real emotions but they would still take me through the ups and downs and make me comfortable with probable situations. I also learnt a lot about language, voice modulation, and expressing emotions."

Will you invite Amna Sharif on the show?
"I am not working with her and haven't met her in two years. She is very happy with her life. If I meet her, I will be friends with her. There are thousands of other things I am doing in my life now."

The actor, now presenter, admits that he would not want to be on the hot seat himself, as he is not ready to talk about his personal life. He also says that the show has been toned down a bit for Indian sensibilities, culture and traditions.
http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090714_72
thanku so much for the articles..๐Ÿ˜Š
Feel Free To use it...

LInk:http://i32.tinypic.com/r8tkdk.gif

i hope u all will like it...๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by rajeevthegr88

Feel Free To use ithope u all will like it...

too gud. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Haila sona kitna sona hai
                           sone jaisa tera maan ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜‰
  tu mera tu mera tu mera Hero no 1    

Edited by pgsks - 14 years ago

hey thanks for that update on ur new fc ..its gr8 annie ..u rock on ur first page ..., gr8 job ...very nice ,....

Originally posted by cute_rabi

<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>My God, Nida Mashallah all the pics are very nice๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Specially the 1st and 4th one๐Ÿ‘</FONT>

<FONT face=Georgia size=3>Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š</FONT>

A new dawn

A new beginning

A new experiment with truth

A new not seen before rajeev

Wishing him all success as he wakes up India, whips up passions, stirs up debates... ๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by cute_rabi

<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>My God, Nida Mashallah all the pics are very nice๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Specially the 1st and 4th one๐Ÿ‘</FONT>

<FONT face=Georgia size=3>Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š</FONT>

Poetic justice

It was the channel's call he said
when he was ignored for the awards
three years hence, though
he was called to do a show for them.

He was thought of as a black sheep
and sent out from a family
Time changes tides change
He is now back into the fold.

He was marketed by a channel then
He is marketed by a corporation now...
The characters he portrayed were powerful, heroic
But this journey, this story of his is more fascinating.

From being thought of as a pariah
to being the center of all action
this is just the beginning
For he has miles to go and new horizons to conquer.

(that was definitely not poetry, but this phrase seemed apt)
Think what I wrote about the channel is correct, if not completely at least mostly...

does any one know any website....where i can watch live star plus from INDIA........not the USA link.....specially INDIA link......ple pm me....i really appriciate your help

Thanks a lot..

love
Kashish
Sorry if already posted

Are you ready for 'Sach Ka Saamna'

Sach Ka Saamna, the Indian version of The Moment of Truth, will be privy to a lot of revelations as the contestants are put on hot seat and

asked personal and edgy questions.

We asked actors in the various shows on Star Plus what they think is the real reason behind people appearing on the show ' is it just the prize money or the opportunity to confront the truth that lures them? Here's what they had to say about the show that's all set to go on air from July 15, at 10.30 pm.

Angad Hasija: I think people participate for money, otherwise why would anyone reveal their hidden secrets on national television? If someone really wants to confront their loved ones, they can do it within the close confines of their house, not in front of a live audience!

Karan Mehra: Well, I think it's a mix of both ' money and emotions. Hats off to those who knowing the consequences have the courage and guts to face their family and society! I am looking forward to it.
Hina Khan: It may be money or the willingness to tell the truth, one can't really identify the reason. An individual may not have been able to express himself otherwise, which is why a platform like Sach ka Saamna is perfect for them to tell the truth.

Kinshuk Mahajan: I feel it's partial. 80 per cent would be driven by money while 20 per cent would want to come clean. Sach Ka Saamna seems to be a great opportunity for them. But as an actor, I won't be comfortable sharing personal details on television.

Sara Khan: Hats off to the contestants who have the courage to sit on the hot seat and answer those questions. I feel it depends on what the individual wants ' money or sharing a piece of their lives with millions of people who don't even know them. A show like Sach Ka Saamna will bring in a new genre of reality shows, minus the fake drama and public voting.

Parul Chauhan: I think, both factors are equally important. Every individual has their own reason to participate on the show. Since a contestant knows the questions beforehand, then there is no fear of what is going to happen, you are aware of the things you will be asked.

link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ENTERTAINMENT-TV-Are-you-ready-for-Sach-Ka-Saamna/articleshow/4769250.cms