Who behaves better abroad?

Posted: 14 years ago
Who behaves better abroad?😳

French tourists are the worst in the world, coming across as penny-pinching and rude, while the Japanese, according to a new survey, are the most polite. What are your experiences?

Despite their poor image, the survey - by travel company Expedia - rated the French third for elegance and cleanliness.

US tourists got top marks for generosity, as the biggest spenders and tippers, but fell short on other counts for being the loudest and the worst dressed.πŸ˜ƒ

Britons came second for their overall behaviour and politeness except when on holiday in Europe where they were rated as the worst behaved.😳

What are your experiences of tourists in your country? Have you noticed certain nationalities behaving better? Does our behaviour change when we are abroad? Tell us tales of tourists you've met.😊😊

wht abt indians? they r no where?πŸ˜•
Bhai

Kahan Kahan se debates Dhoond ke lata ho ji?? πŸ˜†...

Debates, Debates, Debates πŸ˜†

I havent read the full thing yet..just heading off to bed, would share my knowledge later ..til then you just have to wait πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Chalo ji, Good night whoever is online...

Xoxo
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Bhai

Kahan Kahan se debates Dhoond ke lata ho ji?? πŸ˜†...

Debates, Debates, Debates πŸ˜†

I havent read the full thing yet..just heading off to bed, would share my knowledge later ..til then you just have to wait πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Chalo ji, Good night whoever is online...

Xoxo

thats the best thing abt DM u r never bored. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† gn
Nobody behaves appropriately abroad, that's what the abroad is for. We all make fools out of ourselves when outside our usual comfort zone. Granted some nation's citizens do more so than others.
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Nobody behaves appropriately abroad, that's what the abroad is for. We all make fools out of ourselves when outside our usual comfort zone. Granted some nation's citizens do more so than others.

Agree.  it also depends where you are abroad, whats bad behaviour in one country may not be in another
The Dutch and Israelites make the best tourists. Followed closely are Scandinavians.

French, Japanese and as a matter of fact most Asians are too Xenophobic.  I never get the point of going to Germany and finding a Indian curry place instead of savoring the Bratwurst and Schnitzel. Americans are too obnoxious. Britons are just too uptight and they stick out like a sore thumb.

To become better tourists we should first of all read about the cultures prevalent in the place we are travelling to so that we don't come out as "weird" or "rude" for doing what actually might be normal at our place.

And i agree with baz ji, there. Which country has done this survey?

I guess the survey's results would change depending upon the country who does itπŸ˜†

Personally speaking i have seen some people from some bordering countries at my place as well as some gora -chitta logπŸ˜† . They all seem to behave fine in public. But that was just an observation from far away . I said "hey mate" to one english looking guy after telling my friends aaj to kisi foreigner se baat karke hi rahoonga. He seemingly didn't listen and i became the fool of the day among my friends.πŸ˜†

This is a survey travel sites do regularly. It is not focused in any country. They survey hotels and tourist attractions across the world and get feedback on tourist behavior.

@CP - It is hit or miss with some of the gora foreigners we get. Some are very biased and think that all locals are filthy or con artistes, but some are really nice and friendly. In Goa, you will get tourists at Taj etc and they just stay in the private beaches acting all superior and hoity toity. From personal experience the backpackers are the friendliest. We have run across a few in trains in India and they are quite social and interesting.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

This is a survey travel sites do regularly. It is not focused in any country. They survey hotels and tourist attractions across the world and get feedback on tourist behavior.

oh ohkiesπŸ˜ƒ

@CP - It is hit or miss with some of the gora foreigners we get. Some are very biased and think that all locals are filthy or con artistes, but some are really nice and friendly. In Goa, you will get tourists at Taj etc and they just stay in the private beaches acting all superior and hoity toity. From personal experience the backpackers are the friendliest. We have run across a few in trains in India and they are quite social and interesting.

oh i see . Yea some people would have some stereotypes while some would like to shed them off while some come with a totally open mind.

But i liked it when i saw some foreigner white ladies moving in salwar kameez .Bada decently pehan rakha thaπŸ˜† warna i have also seen some who forget totally that they are not in their home but on the public streets of indiaπŸ˜†

Edited by clodpolish - 14 years ago