Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Who behaves better abroad?Embarrassed

French tourists are the worst in the world, coming across as penny-pinching and rude, while the Japanese, according to a new survey, are the most polite. What are your experiences?

Despite their poor image, the survey - by travel company Expedia - rated the French third for elegance and cleanliness.

US tourists got top marks for generosity, as the biggest spenders and tippers, but fell short on other counts for being the loudest and the worst dressed.Big smile

Britons came second for their overall behaviour and politeness except when on holiday in Europe where they were rated as the worst behaved.Embarrassed

What are your experiences of tourists in your country? Have you noticed certain nationalities behaving better? Does our behaviour change when we are abroad? Tell us tales of tourists you've met.SmileSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who behaves better abroad?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:34pm | IP Logged

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Nobody behaves appropriately abroad, that's what the abroad is for. We all make fools out of ourselves when outside our usual comfort zone. Granted some nation's citizens do more so than others.

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Nobody behaves appropriately abroad, that's what the abroad is for. We all make fools out of ourselves when outside our usual comfort zone. Granted some nation's citizens do more so than others.

Agree.  it also depends where you are abroad, whats bad behaviour in one country may not be in another

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaMindbender

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
The Dutch and Israelites make the best tourists. Followed closely are Scandinavians.

French, Japanese and as a matter of fact most Asians are too Xenophobic.  I never get the point of going to Germany and finding a Indian curry place instead of savoring the Bratwurst and Schnitzel. Americans are too obnoxious. Britons are just too uptight and they stick out like a sore thumb.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 9:28pm | IP Logged

To become better tourists we should first of all read about the cultures prevalent in the place we are travelling to so that we don't come out as "weird" or "rude" for doing what actually might be normal at our place.

And i agree with baz ji, there. Which country has done this survey?

I guess the survey's results would change depending upon the country who does itLOL

Personally speaking i have seen some people from some bordering countries at my place as well as some gora -chitta logLOL . They all seem to behave fine in public. But that was just an observation from far away . I said "hey mate" to one english looking guy after telling my friends aaj to kisi foreigner se baat karke hi rahoonga. He seemingly didn't listen and i became the fool of the day among my friends.LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top