Debate Mansion

Saying Thank You to the kids

anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Here in the US, I see ppl saying thank you to their kids for doing every little thing they have been asked to do, and then the kids say you're welcome. Back home in India, do ppl say thank you to the kids?? what do u think about that? should the parents say thank you to their kids just for the sake of it or to make the kids realise that they have done something good, and they should also say thank you to their parents for the things they do for the kids??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well its not just this, its for good mannerism too, we have to do all the time with the children at work, like wen u give them something u have to make sure they say plz and wen they get say thank u. So its just that the child learns manners towards others and stuff.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

India mein to aisa hone se raha !😆😆

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thats why American kids are losers stuck in their childishness. Indian kids strive to grow up and achieve the status to boss people around.
Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Thats why American kids are losers stuck in their childishness. Indian kids strive to grow up and achieve the status to boss people around.

and american kids say thank you to indian kids eventually, right? 😉😆
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
I feel that teaching some manners & courtsey to kids is a good thing & necessary too. We dont want a nation of ruffians do we?
Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

I feel that teaching some manners & courtsey to kids is a good thing & necessary too.

yup !

actually more important than saying "thank you " to kids is to instil in them as to why they should say "thank you" . Just saying thank you all the time might actually make that a habit but they might never know why they are doing that ! It also doesn't solve the purpose !

Edited by clodpolish - 14 years ago
Girl_2007 thumbnail
some kids learn from the example more than from the advice
poooohjjjazzzzz thumbnail
well.....its just not this.....i think the parent shud definitely thank their kids....if they thank there kids kids will feel good and they will feel that there parents respect them.....they will feel good.........

thats mine opinion......