Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Jesus! That is like so unfair. A man is only one use at a time. Women have the ability to multiple. Whats the point of his many wives with that logic. Give women more husbands, so when she is finished with one, he can recuperate and she can move onto the next.

My sentiment exactly ....  our leaders say that we r moving forward .....actually we moved backward than the  "draupadi" days !!!!!!!  ðŸ˜•
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i think marriage should be once but they can stay with multiple women.. that way there is no insecurity and everybody would be happy...meaning, adultery by consent should be legalized ...
sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

i think marriage should be once but they can stay with multiple women.. that way there is no insecurity and everybody would be happy...meaning, adultery by consent should be legalized ...

😲...this is wrong ..marriage is all about respect and love for your partner ...sharam /guilty nahi aayegi 😲

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonur15

😲...this is wrong ..marriage is all about respect and love for your partner ...sharam /guilty nahi aayegi 😲

ok then what else is the cause for multiple marriage - dowry or buying sar dard through magnanimous charade caled "marriage"?😆...
if we wish to retain the traditional value of marriage I am totally with you.. 😊
Edited by qwertyesque - 14 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
why men not learn from his first mistake...why they thinking about second!! but one thing we like to take risk and expensive game.😉..I dont know how many Miss Right ready to take or accept seconend things ....😊
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

As soon as you can prove that the practice of polygamy did not exist prior to the introduction of Islam, you will have a point; until then, your assumption on people converting to Islam just for the sake of marrying multiple wives is just that - it is an assumption.

Now where have I said any such thing (bolded part) ???Rather I agreed that polygamy existed even amongst Hindu kings & also stated the reasons why it wud have been followed back then. But as times changed laws were brought in to stop that practice as the reasons then were no longer present in the present age. As for conversion ,  I was talking of the present day context. Since bigamy  is illegal under Hindu marriage Act , men have been taking refuge of this religious permission as granted by Islam .

Statistics may surprise you, but the majority of Muslim men (along with the converted ones) are monogamous, and a large percentage of people from the non-Muslim population gets engaged polygamous/polyandrous relationship, too.

I have not refuted this anywhere in my post . Most  Muslims are monogamous as it does make a lot of practical sense in todays world ! But if they do, its not considered illegal ' weather or not the earlier wife consented freely or not is another story. But in hindus & christians, sikhs, jain, budhist, don't know about others ' the person engaging in polygamy is liable to face legal action. He wud have to first divorce his earlier wife which can be a long messy affair unlike in Islam where a triple talaq is said to B enough to divorce the wife ( don't know if wife can similarly divorce her husband ) .

Here , I wud like to know if a triple talaq uttered under one breath or even an sms  is sufficient to divorce or does it need some time gap say for reconsideration before pronouncing a final Talaq ? I ve read different versions regarding this so thought I might as well get this clarified.

Furthermore, if you want to have multiple spouses, then you can go ahead and do it (as long as it is legal in your country; if it isn't, then you cannot get engaged into polygamous relation even if you do convert yourself into one), without being/converting a Muslim.

I havent understood the bolded part here' how can one convert without converting? Perhaps U meant to say that either way it  wud b illegal, but NO . Bigamy wud B legal at least in India , at present, if done by a muslim. So if a person converts & then marries then he is no longer covered by the Hindu Marriage Act that prohibits bigamy. I hope I m clear enough. What is surprising is that   the Islamic scriptures say that  multiple marriages are permitted only if the man can B fair to all his wives (as quoted by members here), then how come these ppl  get away with 2 or more marriages without proving that they are being fair to all the wives?

Therefore your assumption on people converting to Islam just for the sake of getting engaged into a polygamous relation is just nonsensical.

Its most  certainly not nonsensical as its very much prevalent today ! I have stated the reason why a person wud take this course of action above. Sandya gave an example of a famous couple Dharmendra & hema , another famous one very recent one , is of Chand M ohammad alias chander mohan & Fiza alias Anuradha Bali who is one of the contestants in the reality show " mujhe iss jungle se bachao" . These ppl do not follow any practice of the Islam religion except may be in the initial few days of conversion.

Here again let me say I m not saying that this practice is bad per se , as it may b the only option some ppl in luv have to marry a second time & that too without divorcing the first due to reasons like first wife being too influential , or having support of in laws too, or long expensive divorce proceedings, to avoid paying alimony  etc. But then one question arises ' Is it fair to the first wife ??

Edited by angie.4u - 14 years ago
-Sneha thumbnail
Go and ask some of those married men: "What do you think about your wife marrying again with you still around?".... Lets listen to what they have to say and then we'll look for an answer....

No need, we already know it!!...

The answer is actually simpler than these 24 pages... "No!!!!".... 😉

Cheers,
Sneha
k-ekta fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Totally Against it...

I dun find any reason 2 Allow dis rule espl in India...

I wuld more appr d system of gettin divorce n den gettin married 2 sum1 else u prefer. but widout divorcing marrying sum1 else is nt Allowed....

Y he or She must hve d pleasure of hving bth....

A men Or Women. can't Maintance her bth d relation requally 4 sure....