Deepika to feature opening track in telugu film

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Deepika Padukone to feature in opening track in Telugu film

After her item song with SRK in Billu, Deepika Padukone is preparing for another item song in a South film. Titled Love 4ever, the Telugu film is directed by Jayant.

Deepika explains why she agreed to do the song, "I heard the song and really liked the concept. The film doesn't have big stars but two newcomers, and I agreed to be a part of the film for their sake.

Not so long ago, I was in the same position a newcomer getting ready to face my audience. And if I can add to this film in some way, then why not?"

Yet again

The song is being choreographed by Ahmed Khan and will be shot at a Hyderabad studio. Deepika adds, "I have worked with Ahmed for Bachna Ae Haseeno's Khuda Jaane track, where he did a brilliant job. This will be the second time we are coming together." But she still hasn't figured out the look for the song."

She takes pain to stress that her appearance should not be treated like an 'item song', "It's a situational song and takes the story ahead. The film opens with it. So obviously, it leads to the plot starting where the song ends. I am a South Indian and I think this is a great opportunity for me to connect to my fanbase there," concludes the Bangalore girl.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/...ever-Telugu.htm