Miss.Supriya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
What stars are doing this Diwali
   By: Subhash K Jha
   October 31, 2005
Hema Malini (actress, danseuse)
This Diwali, I won't be home. I'm planning to go to Bangkok to join my daughter Esha, who's shooting there. November 2 is her birthday. And naturally, I'd want to be with her. So I suppose we'll have a double celebration for Diwali and her birthday.        &nb sp;         &nb sp;   
Amitabh Bachchan (actor, TV host)
Diwali is a big occasion for us. Every year, we have an open house. We throw our doors open for all our friends and family. This year, both Abhishek and I will miss Diwali at home. We'll both be shooting for Karan Johar in New York.
Jaya Bachchan (actress, MP)
I'll be in New York attending the UN assembly. My husband and son will be shooting in New York for Karan Johar's film, so there will be no Diwali at our home in Mumbai. To be honest, I'm glad. With all the devastation that has happened it looks very cruel to celebrate Diwali. Children have suffered so much. I'd rather do something to diminish their distress than celebrate Diwali.
Priyanka Chopra (actress)
My dad is ill, so I'll be spending Diwali with him, in the US. Not a very happy Diwali for me.
Urmila Matondkar (actress)
No Diwali at home for me this year, I'll be working. I'll probably be on stage dancing in the US, when everyone back home will be lighting diyas and bursting crackers. But I'm not complaining; there can be no bigger joy than to entertain thousands of people as they applaud your efforts.
Bipasha Basu (actress)
I celebrate Diwali with family and friends; I just like to spend quality time with them. I'll have Laxmi puja at home. No crackers and certainly no gambling for me, thank you! But I indulge in loads of yummy delicacies, including sweets. I'm sure my new figure can take it for one day.
Sunil Shetty (actor, restaurateur)
Diwali means family, period — my parents, wife and kids. If I'm out of town, I call them to wherever I am and we celebrate together. This year, I'm home for Diwali. Lots of puja, masti and fun. My son and daughter love crackers; and as long as Papa is with them, they aren't frightened.
Shabana Azmi (actress)
This year, the Diwali party is in my brother Baba's home. Every year, we have a huge open-house party…. Of course, our home will be decorated with diyas and flowers. Cousins come down from Hyderabad every year, so we'll all play cards in the night.
Raveena Tandon (actress)
This is our first Diwali with our little "Laxmi", Rasha. Our daughter has brought my husband, Anil, and me, happiness that cannot be described. Since this is Rasha's first Diwali, we'll make sure it's the most memorable Diwali we've ever celebrated.
Anil Kapoor (actor)
This Diwali, I'll be in New York, with my daughter Rhea.

Bindiya Dutta (former actress, wife of filmmaker J P Dutta)

This is the first Diwali we're celebrating in Mumbai in the last three years.

For the last two, J P and I were in London with our two daughters, so we feel a little out of the loop. J P isn't a very Diwali kind of person; he has his group of close friends whom he likes to have over every Diwali.

They don't get noisy and boisterous; they just chill, have dinner, relax and talk till the wee hours. But our kids have many noisy plans. They're doing up an entire room, decorating the house with Diwali idols and figurines.

The whole atmosphere in our office and at home is very charged because J P has started his new film, Umrao Jaan.  So yes, I feel very excited and happy this Diwali.

Raima Sen (actress)

If the entire family is together, we have dinner at home and then light diyas. It's one of the highlights of the year for us.

However, if one or more members of the family are traveling, the festivity seems unfinished.

This year, I think all of us will be together, except my sis, who's travelling. I guess that leaves my parents all for me — not such a sad thought, ha!

Smriti Z Irani (actress)

I suppose we'll have the usual Laxmi puja and then the fireworks. What makes Diwali really special every year is the family get-together. This is the one time when we get to be together in such a happy atmosphere.

This Diwali is more special, because both our children are old enough to understand the importance of the festival.

They'll be painting diyas and pots with their Nani and helping her make chocolates. So yeah, I guess this Diwali is more special than the rest.

Adnan Sami (singer)

The best way to spend Diwali, is with family and friends, and that's exactly what I plan to do.

Vipul Shah (director)

Though we'll have our normal celebrations, Shefali and I are going to be out of Mumbai.

We'll be going out with a college friend to a small beach resort near Mumbai. Since I'm well into my next film, this is the only time I'll have, to take a holiday with my wife and kids.

Dino Morea (actor)

For Diwali, I'll be shooting in Goa for Tom Dick & Harry. We will do puja and aarti, and light diyas.

Sonu Nigam (singer)

The best way to celebrate Diwali every year is to be at home with my parents — that's exactly what I intend to do this year, too.

Sameera Reddy (actress)

I'll be shooting. But I'll be taking the evening off for puja with the family.

Madhur Bhandarkar (director)

Diwali? With my wife Renu, my mother, and close friends, counting my blessings.

My new film, Corporate has just started to roll. I've a lot to be thankful for.

Nikhil Advani (director)

Since the shooting of my film, Salaam-e-Ishq, is around the corner, I'll be working on the dialogues with Sourabh Shukla for Diwali.

Work is worship, I guess.

Sammir Dattani (actor)

I was supposed to go on a cruise with my entire family this Diwali. But now I'll have to stay back because my film, Corporate will start.

Anyway, Diwali will be a whole lot of fun. Since I don't have any close friends in the film industry, me and my close group of college and school friends will get together for a whole lot of masti.

Lara Dutta (actress)

I'm heading to Bhutan for Diwali.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anoli thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
this is so cool!!!
thnx 4 sharin!!!