The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hide

hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 10 July 2009 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desertrose21

I don't think she'll wear a crown it would be cute if she did thoLOL

hope they don't make her wear..!! as now a days anything can happen in YRKKH... good episodes turning into negative ones... who knows one fine day they decide to crown her  on her wedding..Wink
AaRtINaKsH Goldie
AaRtINaKsH
AaRtINaKsH

Posted: 10 July 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info, lats55.

Marwaris have such beautiful wedding.  I didn't know anything about that.

But due to your post, I got all the info, thanks.

hide

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 10 July 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lats55

Originally posted by desertrose21

I don't think she'll wear a crown it would be cute if she did thoLOL

hope they don't make her wear..!! as now a days anything can happen in YRKKH... good episodes turning into negative ones... who knows one fine day they decide to crown her  on her wedding..Wink
no she won't wear a crown..bec. Varsha didn't...and nobody else did (whoever got married in yrkkh...i mean..who else..dhaniya LOL)

hide

aviation-ca Goldie
aviation-ca
aviation-ca

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Thank you, thank you Lata and Charu for searching and posting this link to my request.. I have forwarded this to my aunt (via my cousin).... if my cousin doesn't elope, this is very helpful... ours are 3 days cermony, quite different from above, interesting enough, we don't do varmala but come face to face with a cloth between bride & groom, bride is carried by her mama... the bride & groom have a fist of rice and as soon as the cloth is lowered we throw rice on each other. (Typically the saying is first one to throw rules the household).... then we pour rice on each others head... then come the varamala exchage and ofcourse we don't fill the mang with sindoor or even cover our heads... rather we do the mangal sutra tying is the main event...

it is so interesting how things are ulta in south, only widow cover their head after removing hair, it is apshakun to cover your head for a married women...
Wow so many differences, this is really helpful....

hide

hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aviation-ca

Thank you, thank you Lata and Charu for searching and posting this link to my request.. I have forwarded this to my aunt (via my cousin).... if my cousin doesn't elope, this is very helpful... ours are 3 days cermony, quite different from above, interesting enough, we don't do varmala but come face to face with a cloth between bride & groom, bride is carried by her mama... the bride & groom have a fist of rice and as soon as the cloth is lowered we throw rice on each other. (Typically the saying is first one to throw rules the household).... then we pour rice on each others head... then come the varamala exchage and ofcourse we don't fill the mang with sindoor or even cover our heads... rather we do the mangal sutra tying is the main event...

it is so interesting how things are ulta in south, only widow cover their head after removing hair, it is apshakun to cover your head for a married women...
Wow so many differences, this is really helpful....

you are welcome.. surprised to see this post on the front page..

oh!!! what you are saying here is totally different from what is going on now... i think they are exactly following what is been posted here...
aviation-ca Goldie
aviation-ca
aviation-ca

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
No Lata, I was talking about S. Indian Brahmin wedding, we have a 3 day one and how different yet similar it is... yes, this serial is going exactly according to your writeup, sorry for the confusion
hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aviation-ca

No Lata, I was talking about S. Indian Brahmin wedding, we have a 3 day one and how different yet similar it is... yes, this serial is going exactly according to your writeup, sorry for the confusion

yah, after posting this comment, i read your other post and realised that you are talking about SI customs.. it is ok.. good to know you..

Go to top