Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Nimmi - Majority of the countries where prostitution is legal, do have a legal age for people who want to enter the field. Accordingly, any underage person who joins ( Or is forced to join ) prostitution does so illegally. I guess underage prostitution exists in countries where it is within the legal framework.  

Quoting from Wikipedia:

"Regarding the prostitution of children the laws on prostitution as well as those on sex with a child apply. If prostitution in general is legal there is usually a minimum age requirement for legal prostitution that is higher than the general age of consent . Although some countries do not single out patronage of child prostitution as a separate crime, the same act is punishable as sex with an underage person."

Since we're having this discussion, I also came across an article which said that there needs to be regulated legalization of prostitution. Brothels run by pimps and other human traffickers should be made illegal.

Women are treated like commodities and playthings only when 'Legal' aspect does not exist. Otherwise, I'd like to say that it is not the woman's body that is being made a public property, it is the services  that are being legally provided to people who seek them, through a woman's body.

I do not know much about the origins of prostitution, but I do agree that it is one of the oldest businesses in the world. In a nutshell, It is simply a service in exchange of money.
Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago
.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow nimmi u really are spamming =O

lemme join you =)
x.sonia.x thumbnail
i dont think i even spammed this much but it is a laugh riot with the pics.

thx for the ideas.. i hav to see who i can gather together.
i was also thinkin maybe a waterpark..

what did neetz do to ur brain?  😆
.driftingaway thumbnail
NEETA whre hve u disapeared ???
U-No-Poo thumbnail

omg aisha called me Neeta ?! :O serious problem dude !!!!!

I'M HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Neeta, I don't disagree with you for the most part. It is just the issue is gray for me in the sense, that it is more than a simple exchange of money for a service. Part of that is due to stigmatization of the practice and well its inherent nature makes it complex as an issue. But yes, I do think legalization will help in that regard with regards to protection. Although, I do think that some of the causes that lead to it flourishing also need to be looked at as well.

Well, hi there Riya. Is this your last hurrah before the long trip?
U-No-Poo thumbnail
AWESOME VM :D :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrRWWHVd9B8[/YOUTUBE]

Makes me feel like I'm trash :(

LOL
.driftingaway thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Neetz-

omg aisha called me Neeta ?! :O serious problem dude !!!!!

I'M HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i like calling you neeta =O whats wrong wiv dat ? 😡
U-No-Poo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dizzyonlemonade

Neeta, I don't disagree with you for the most part. It is just the issue is gray for me in the sense, that it is more than a simple exchange of money for a service. Part of that is due to stigmatization of the practice and well its inherent nature makes it complex as an issue. But yes, I do think legalization will help in that regard with regards to protection. Although, I do think that some of the causes that lead to it flourishing also need to be looked at as well.

I understand the statement if the practice is being looked at from a moral perspective, but I guess I'm looking at it from a more financial perspective, because it fulfills that basic funda to be considered a financial deal. Yes, prostitution is stigmatized in many countries, but that does not overshadow the fact that prostitution, as a business, keeps amplifying every year, so why not declare it officially ?

I guess we agree on rest of the part lol.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
dude u call me neeta only when ur pissed at me. hence the 'panic' button lol 😆