antusang thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Hey guys... this has been on my mind for a while.... do we love purab or samir? cos I wonder if samir was'nt playing this role would any of us care who jassi ends up or does'nt end up with?? According to the original script BLF purab's role is'nt of much significance....if that be the case...then the directors have certainly goofed up here..they should have chosen someone less charismatic than samir for this role....purab or should I say samir has completely overshadowed the main male lead and now the directors have to alter the script...and the viewers are with samir! given this scenario...can we expect a different ending?
the directors do have an option of casting someone else as purab if they want to stick to the original story line!!! some food for thought is'nt it?
and for those of you who don't think much of samir soni....please excuse...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I think Samir Soni was a virtual unknown before Purab but I think this role has become synonmous with him and has given his career a new lease of life.Right now difficult to say where Samir ends and Purab begins!
manimau thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I would still go for Purab, even if it's not played by Samir. Because it's his character that has given Jassi the confidence she needed and loved her unconditionally. It's only about this show... and we all know that all the actors from this show are far different in life than the characters that they portray on the show.

May be the character would have been weaker/stronger if it was portrayed by someone else... But still it's characteristics would have been the same most probably.

Manimau

current thumbnail
BTW Samir is more endearing in Jassi as purab than as sheker in saakhi
antusang thumbnail
talking of samir in saakshi...I did get the feel that folks would rather have him in the neagtive role rather than not having him in the show!!!
I wonder what is it about him?? that women cutting across all age groups have started to miss their heartbeats!!! Iam sure its a little over the top but it is a fact that samir is having a huge female fan following!!!
pj04 thumbnail

hi,

there something very soulful, dignified ,peaceful, reserved , charismatic and strangely sad about him.  it is a rare combination and seems to drive women nuts. add purab's role to it and the impact is multiplied manyfolds.

*Anjali* thumbnail
very true pj.  Welcome to the forum!!!!
surnita thumbnail

😉🤢In my opinion there is something very creepy and scary about him, I just dont get this craze at all.  Mind you there are still girls out there who fancy Micheal Jackson🤢

current thumbnail
Originally posted by: surnita

😉🤢In my opinion there is something very creepy and scary about him, I just dont get this craze at all.  Mind you there are still girls out there who fancy Micheal Jackson🤢

and for some strange reason Armaan🤢 as well🤢

gupta thumbnail
I like the purab character of jassi. i don't care who plays it.however samir is doing full justice to the role of purab.