Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Only or Lonely

ruta Goldie
ruta
ruta

Posted: 25 January 2005 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

hi all..............just wanted to share my thoughts

most of the times, an only child is considered to be very lucky as he/she does'nt have to share anything with anybody and also gets the undivided attention of his/her parents. Only children are also considered to be pampered little brats for whom the word sharing or compromisig does not exist.People also have they common misconception that they are either arrogant and inconsiderate or are lonely and dreamy.

but most of the times, this is not the case..........infact only children crave for company.If the parents are working, then the child seeks company in his/her friend circle.

an only child probably might have a room to himself/herself and every other thing under the roof as the only child is the apple of the parents eye and they get him/her everyhing that he/she wants?? but what should the child do with the room when there is no one in it with whom he/she can talk, fight , share and live........the walls grow to eat the child.

belive me, there are timnes when you actually feel that you should have someone to talk to...agreed parents are there but you don't share every teeny bit with them and if they are working then its simply impossible..........i mean, you do feel the need of someone who is your own...not a friend , not a parent but someone in whom you could confide.

all i want to say is.apparently how much ever lucky only children seem to be, they might not be feeling the same in real life.

ssome of you might agree or disagree...but i am saying this out of experience.........since even i am the only one!!!

nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:25am | IP Logged

hey crazyaboutpurab even I am the only child of my parents !!!!

I must accept that I do feel lonely at times coz even in friendship I have made blunders by believing those who did not wish my good !Cry

But now I feel that since each coin has two faces ,being the only child is also an asset .I have become more independent , more confidant and more focussed . Being the only child of working parents I have learnt how to cope up with my proffessional and personal lives from my mom .

I have learned to be focussed from my dad and most important I do not depend on someone else to come and solve my problems but I try to solve them myself .

Being the only child I am not compared with others for my acadamics like others ,there are no fights at home and most important I am allowed to take my proffesional decisions !!

What I feel that instead of being lonely in the crowd it better to be alone in a island .I do agree with your thoughts that we are the ones who suffer because of being alone but we are also the ones who have the guts to face trouble

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:37am | IP Logged
hmmmm...I see what u mean Naina.....and can associate with it too....at the same time Nishi is right too in saying that there is always a flip side ....

Although I am not an only child, I do feel lonely because I lack any female companionship that those with female siblings or cousins have.....and other than a few friends, I have a hard time associating with other females my age......the plus side is that I have a very good relationship with all my aunts.....

Being the only female child means that I do not have to share anything.....my clothes, toys etc.....bad news is that I still dont know how to share....I either go overboard in giving or being a miser abt my things....

Lack of comparison can be a good and bad thing.....good in that whatever u do is excellent....bad in the sense that there are no established limits.....u grow up having unreal expectations of urself, thinking that u have to excell in all there is./.....this can be pretty draining and disheartening as u are setting urself up to fall....

Another pro factor is that u dont have to compete for anyone's affections.....all my close relatives treat me as if I am their daughter too, including me in their important decisions.....asking of my opinion.....believe me it is a heady feeling knowing that u are so important and dear to them......the flip side is that when I make my imoprtant decisions, I have to take extra care that I do not end up hurting anyone's feelings....and its not easy.....

munizaaa Goldie
munizaaa
munizaaa

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Yeah i wish i had a sister that i could tell everything to ihave 2 twin brothers and they do everything together and it's the same for me as to be only child
pyaraladki Groupbie
pyaraladki
pyaraladki

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 3:22pm | IP Logged

sumtimes i wish i could xperience being an only child. i have two younger sisters and i get blamed for every wrong they do even when they kno better. though that is the downside it is good to have them to talk to at times but can i tell you it is very frustrating at times cuz i have to set the pattern and its a lot of work trying to be conscious of what i do!

it is good to have them around.

and you guys don't have to be lonely. you have great friends hereTongueWink

hawa_hawai Senior Member
hawa_hawai
hawa_hawai

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Cryoh man try living with 2 younger brothers....
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
I have an older bro who is 14 and I am 13 soo not much difference in us. I feel lonely sometimes and I wish I had a LITTLE sis! awwww, keep dreaming rabeea, dreams are meant to be broken.. opps I started to talk to myself again.Embarrassed
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hawa_hawai

Cryoh man try living with 2 younger brothers....

I know what u mean Hawa.....as much as I love them, they do drive me nuts by teaming up to tease me......imagine what would have happened had they been older to me......

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index