DOTW: Vampires & Dracula

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

Vampires are defined as a humanoid being that MUST consume blood or energy to survive. Some believes they are mythical. For them Vampires and Dracula's are fiction created by Hollywood. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Whilst some believes, life would be more interesting if they really existed. Everyday a new adventure and getting to enjoy the immortality along with supernatural powers!๐Ÿ˜Ž

For once let's be a little greedy and imagine that we are living in a place where more than half the population follows vampirism. There are vampires like The Cullen's and the Hales roaming around the streets and shopping malls๐Ÿฅณ. There are proves of their existence.

Would you wish to demolish vampires from human territory or you wish to have them around?

Will you be willing to have an immortal life?

(Mind you everything you currently have will be the same forever)

Will you change (Bite) a dying child like Carlisle did to Edward?

Will you consider vampires as a Curse or Blessing?

Friends please do share your views.๐Ÿ˜Š

Nice topic Ananya!

Personally, I would def LOVE to have Vampires like the Cullens & Hales walking among us. They are seemingly harmless, in a way. Despite the fact that they are not humans, and feed on something we think is scary and gross, they never do anything to hurt us - if they exist in our world that is ๐Ÿ˜† Right? And c'mon, they were humans once too, weren't they?

But the thing is I come back to square one when I watch other movies or shows on Vampires. Im currently following Blade The Series reruns here and when I see them in a different view, they are extremely ugh! The vampires are just extremely cruel, not to mention, way scary looking when they fight and attack.

I compare the scenes from Twilight when Edward fights with James. Both growl but errr, I don't feel all cringy and scared ๐Ÿ˜† But if you see Vampires in different movies, you will be like ๐Ÿ˜ณ Maybe it is because im terrified of their fangs ๐Ÿคฃ (Thank goodness the Twilight Vampires don't have ANY ><)

Back to your question, I wouldn't 'kill' such vampires even if its a sadistic one like James ๐Ÿ˜† Coz that's upto Edward :P Having an immortal life would be cool to have, but you will at a point get bored of living. When is the question ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe more than 200 years or 300?? ๐Ÿ˜†

What Carlisle did with Edward was justified because he was getting lonely. And he pictured Edward as his son. But for us to change a dying child into a vampire would be a complicated situation as sadly, every human has to die someday.

Being a vampire to many is considered as a curse. Maybe it's because they think their 'souls' are no longer with them and they end up in hell straightaway no matter how good they were in their human life, only because they were a vampire once. But that's kinda sterotyping. For Carlisle's case I would say it was a curse at the start because of who he was as a human. But it became a blessing as soon as he started saving human lives. Now tell me, which VAMPIRE would go around as a doctor around the world saving people's lives? So I would say being a vampire is neither a curse nor a blessing till you use that life in a way, and that will determine what it is meant to be.

Woah, this was long ๐Ÿ˜† Once again, nice topic Ananya :P 

Thanks Mona. Thats a hell lot of things you have written considering the fact that you got exams to work on. But you have given some great answers, and now I am just thrilled to participate myself๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

I am such a humble creature on earth that I would probably think twice before hitting an insect, no matter how insignificant its appearance is so its obvious I can't imagine the idea of being cruel to Vampire Angels like The Cullens And The Hales. If they existed then I think the world would have been a much better place to live. The crime rate would have decreased and there would always be news highlights of "sudden tornados" hitting a specific truck turning it upside down ๐Ÿ˜† The best part would be the Vampire Angels are so human without those scary fangs, you just can't help but be dazzled by their gracefulness... I would have craved for their company. I watched True Blood(episode 1 and 2) yesterday and that was soo cliched. The Vampire Bill had fangs come out just at the sight of the sunlight and they look aweful and above all "dirty". Just can imagine how filthy they would smell, staying all day in the graveyards๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ˜† I can't compare Twilight with those movies, there is simply no competition in the first place๐Ÿ˜ƒ

If I had no alternatives then I would go for an immortal life. I know there are countless number of things to be done in the world. I could save so many people with the unimaginable strength I will possess. I could help the needy and trust me there is atleast one bella in every country who attarcts troubles like magnets. [How I wish I was saving an Edward instead]๐Ÿ˜†

If I was Carlisle then I probably wouldn't have changed Edward. I can never be selfish, for my own reasons I couldn't bestow a human with a soul-less life...just can't make someone a monster when I know how much ashamed I was of my truth. I rather would let him have a peaceful death, making sure he doesnt feel any pain. It hurts me when Edward says " I don't want to be a monster", he wishes if he had  a choice to die human..he wishes if he could have a normal life like Bella. 

There will be times when I will have to be within the vampire limits, those times I will be considering vampirism a curse. Isnt it obvious? I cannot go out in the sunlight, I can't hang out with my friends and share food๐Ÿ˜•. All the human mundanes that I don't require but they do. There will always be a strange gap, which could be really painful.
But the moments I can save someone say from being crushed by a van I will consider my powers a Blessing. I am after all making a difference to the world. The person would have died and gone to heaven but I have the ability to extend his lifeline a little more longer..smth that he deserves. So for me Vampires can be both a Blessing and a Curse.

Okay that was another essay๐Ÿ˜† i wasnt planning on making it this big. You inspired this one Mona๐Ÿ˜†

Hey Nice topic Ananya๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

You both, Mona and Ananya, have given damn good answers....now I'm confused what should I say !!!!
Hmmm....well...personally, Like Mona......I would love to see Vampires moving around me....Like Cullen's and Hales.....The way they look like, is just so beautiful...even they are more beautiful than an ordinary human being....and they too have special powers...I mean that's great..isn't it???

Before Twilight, I used to get scared by the names of Vampires and Dracula's....I always thought of them as the most cruel, evil,scary creatures and ya Like Jacob I too used to think of them as Blood-sucker...which they really are !!!! But after watching and reading Twilight saga...my point of few is changed.....If Vampires are like Cullens and Hales...so who wouldn't love to join them???? At least they are better than the others !!!!!

But still as Ananya said those Edward's words "I don't want to be a monster" , it really shows that how much sad and painful he feels when he think about it.....and after reading what Edward thinks about his life being soul-less. So yes I too wished that Carlisle wouldn't have changed him. Why he have to be so much selfish?? Though it was Edward's mom's last wish too....but at least for once he would have thought of Edward's after life......If i was in that place......I don't think so I would have done that......

Beside that part, I would seriously loved to have an immortal life....I mean by this I can help the people, As Ananya mentioned, magnet to dangers...and to be honest there is my cousin sister she is really a magnet to danger.....so maybe being a Vampire I would be able to help her out before she gets injured or is in a danger........not only this....rite now I'm greedy about some special powers...like Mind reading, watching future, being a shield, controlling emotions,extra speedy and more over I just loved the bond which Cullen's and Hales shares with each other !!!!!

Vamiprism being curse or blessing....well its somewhere in between or you can say its both...I guess it depends on the Vampire what he thinks......such as Carlisle and Edward helping out mankind so I guess its the blessing as they can give few more moments of live to the suffering ones and its curse in a sense that If you are a bad Vampire like James so you couldn't control yourself from harming others and then again soul-less life......So for me its just depends on that Vampire , how he have to live !!!!

Once again Nice topic๐Ÿ‘...I really enjoyed writing on it !!!!

luv Alina

Would you wish to demolish vampires from human territory or you wish to have them around?

I would wish to have Vampires like the Cullens around..coz they don't hurt humans...so its fine..plus seein people with pale skin...woah..plus they cn be an asset to our economy.

Will you be willing to have an immortal life?

I woudn't mind...but i would like to have a man like Edward befre giving up.๐Ÿ˜‰

(Mind you everything you currently have will be the same forever)

Will you change (Bite) a dying child like Carlisle did to Edward?

Well,It depends on the sitaution...In Case of edward,his mother wanted him to live...so carlisle was underpressure...plus he wanted a companion...

Will you consider vampires as a Curse or Blessing?

Both actually..Cullens are a blessing...asset to our economy..but other cruel vampires aint a blessing...like victoria etc.
Thanks Mona, Alima and mallika for some great answers. I liked the diffeent povs and im glad you enjoyed the discussion.

The new discussion is up. Hope to see some great answers there too.