Other Topics

Amman serial

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Just caught it tonight. Looks interesting; no oppari, no rubbish plots. Anyone here follows it? I must have missed 8 to 10 episodes.....someone care to update me? Please?😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Karthikka

Just caught it tonight. Looks interesting; no oppari, no rubbish plots. Anyone here follows it? I must have missed 8 to 10 episodes.....someone care to update me? Please?😃

Hello Karthikka!

Well, its just the starting and you missed the starting oppari which came few episodes earlier. I watch this serial when I get time. I didn't watch it from the beginning.

The story as far as I can understand is this.

In the place named, Manjakaadu, there is a temple for the Goddess. It is a dilapidated temple and nobody worships there. It was also said that anyone who goes there gets some form of deformity or the other and hence everyone is frightened. The real culprit is the spirit / ghost of a girl who totally hates that Amman.

Then we see some scenes from two families. One of them is near Manjakaadu the other is far away. This family which is near the temple - Father, mother and daughter are suffering a lot. The wife and the daughter are still devoted to Amman. Father is a bit skeptical because, in spite of believing in the deity, they still suffer.

It is the same in the other family too - only the father is against worshiping Amman. The others - his wife and 3 daughters (I think one is widowed) still believe in the Goddess.

Strange things happen to the other family. They find a huge stature (something like Mundakanniamman statue) and after a lot of thought, they keep it at home to worship. That night one of the daughters gets to speak to the statue and the deity tells her to go to Manjakaadu and her Amman is waiting for 30 years. The next day, the father throws the statue into the well at the back of the house.

When this girl leaves back her family to go to Manjakaadu, the father of the other family decided that he has had enough and gathers the men of the village to go and destroy the Amman temple in Manjakaadu. This girl arrives just in time and stops them.

As per the legends, there are 5 branches of an ancient family who have to come together and build the temple together. These 2 families are two of the branches. Each of these families believe the other families to be destroyed and hence there is no hope for the temple.

This girl who has come to Manjakaadu is given shelter by an elderly (not too old) woman. She gives her clothes and food. While investigating as to why the Temple is abandoned by all, she faces some trouble from the spirit/ghost who haunts the temple and tells her to go away from the place. When she asks the woman whom she stays with why all this is happening, a flashback unfolds and that is the story we all see now.

I hope what I posted above makes sense. Sorry, I have tried my best to explain. Since I haven't followed the serial regularly I do not know the names of all the characters.

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Vibi, you are so kind for doing the updates.

K xx
Vibhishna thumbnail
You're welcome, Karthikka 😊
Vibhishna thumbnail
By the way, does anyone follow Nagavalli?
Vibhishna thumbnail
Does anyone follow Amman serial telecast on Saturday nights?

Apart from this one what other serials (like Nagavalli, etc.) do you all watch?