Posted: 14 years ago
I didn't watch the first l'il champs, so I'm not really that used to Abhijeet and Alkaji's judging on SRGMP, but it seems like they're trying to hard not to hurt anyone's feelings.  I mean, they just tell almost everyone that they were good...good performance and whatever with the occasional standing ovation.  I'm not saying they need to be mean, but they're not making that many helpful comments and telling them what they need to work on.  Now, if they're telling them backstage that's entirely different, but if they're just making those sorts of comments, they're not going to know what to improve on.  Last year, Sonuji and Sureshji told them exactly which place they messed up and told them to work on it as well as mentioning the good points in the song as well.  So both the contestants and audience learned from it.  If they don't tell them, then good singers might just randomly get eliminated or make the same mistakes over and over again, because no one is telling them they did it wrong.

Today, the only thing I heard them mention was that Abhigyan got breathless in the song and last time the told Debolina to work on her sur....whereas last year, Sonuji would sing the line (show them how they sang it, and then sing it the correct way).  Everyone else, they just told them that they sung well.  Deepika even had more to say on the song than the judges. (on Farah's)

I just want to see CONSTRUCTIVE criticism instead of just blandishments for everyone.
I agree, there comments are so meaningless. I didn't watch the first season as well, and absolutely LOVED last season's judging by Sonu and Suresh Wadkar. I thought they did a fabulous of job of relaying strengths and weaknesses to each of the contestants, without sound overtly rude or critical. Criticism is needed in competitions, or else, how will a participant (whether adult or child) know how to improve? Its silly if they tell everyone they're outstanding (just to promote the show), and then kick one of the singers out the next day.

And I absolutely detest the whole boy vs. girl drama that they've created. The two judges are so obsessed with it, that they forget the whole point of the show. If everyone's getting a standing ovation, then it takes away from the whole meaning of a standing ovation. What is praise if everyone gets it?

I think Abhijeet and Alka need to get over each other and concentrate on the kids.
Oh, and Chutney, I completely forgot. I demand an explanation as to why you think I'll end up in jail in ten years time. πŸ˜²πŸ˜’πŸ˜†

From what i gather , they might be giving them tips only backstage.

Maybe, extra care .......for sundar and nikhri tvacha......oops aavaaz !πŸ˜†

Originally posted by clodpolish

From what i gather , they might be giving them tips only backstage.

πŸ€” from where did u gather ?? πŸ˜• well himesh was quiet for the whole show but when it came to top 3....he showed his true character....!!! πŸ˜† i think abhijeet needs time to come into character...!! πŸ˜† 

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Oh, and Chutney, I completely forgot. I demand an explanation as to why you think I'll end up in jail in ten years time. πŸ˜²πŸ˜’πŸ˜†

I had a good reason, but I don't remember it now.  I think it was mostly because it was a funny idea πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ
You know, this is how conspiracy theories get started.  They don't explain what's wrong, and then eliminate based of their hidden criteria, and then everyone thinks they're being biased, because the audience isn't being told what's wrong or why their favorite contestant has been eliminated.

I think the first episode Alkaji told Debolina she would give her comments backstage.
Originally posted by aizan

πŸ€”from where did u gather ?? πŸ˜•well himesh was quiet for the whole showbutwhen it came to top 3....he showed his true character....!!! πŸ˜†i think abhijeetneeds time to come into character...!! πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

jai mata di lets mock , shock, rockπŸ˜†

Originally posted by chutneyx4404

You know, this is how conspiracy theories get started. They don't explain what's wrong, and then eliminate based of their hidden criteria, and then everyone thinks they're being biased, because the audience isn't being told what's wrong or why their favorite contestant has been eliminated.

I think the first episode Alkaji told Debolina she would give her comments backstage.

Hmm if they tell , maybe a hungama would be created because those conspiracy theories would come trueπŸ˜†

Edited by clodpolish - 14 years ago
Originally posted by clodpolish

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

jai mata di lets mock , shock, rockπŸ˜†

Balak aap kaunse dabbae mein band they ?? πŸ˜† aur agar band they tho bahar kaisay aaye ?? πŸ˜†