Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

should the g'vt stop u from having kids?

usachick821 Goldie
usachick821
usachick821

Posted: 31 October 2005 at 11:09am | IP Logged
in china and many other places the g'vt controls how many kids u have, or if u have any. And in most cases if its a boy then u hav to send the child for military training, which is a mandatory law. Do u think that this is fair to the children or the parents? being forced to only procreate a certain amount of children? or is it better b/c we can limit the number of ppl born into the world so that we dont overpopulate the earth?

hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 31 October 2005 at 11:12am | IP Logged
well its bad abt the law that boys have to go to the military school.But i think it is good to have a control over birth rate coz day by day worl population is increasing.So its good if ceratins views are taken and made into use. Tongue
TiN24 Goldie
TiN24
TiN24

Posted: 31 October 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
If you can financially afford to have more than 1 child, then go for it. But if you can't afford ($$$) to support your children and have to rely on gov't assistance, then think twice. I'm not saying that its bad to get assistance from gov't, but there are people that take advantage of it and purposely have more kids to more money from the gov't. That's why I think under extreme certain circumstances should gov't be able to tell you how many kids you can have. Again, in a way its good cause of the whole population business, but then again......its a personal matter that's between you and God. If he want's you to have more then 1 kid.....then who can stop him? Wink Then again, that's what I think. You have to see both sides of the story before justifying it.
ME_T Senior Member
ME_T
ME_T

Posted: 31 October 2005 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
i odn't think sum1 else can tell another person how many children to have!! it's there chocie. afterall what right do they have.
it's not right 4 them to sya that. there only human, and so's every1 else. who died and made them god??

about not having enough space etc. ppl are migrating a lot;. and quite oftne 4 the better. the worlds not evenly distributed in population. so htere a certain places whioch lack ppl. maybe ppl could start making a life there. resources, well how on earth r u gonna get propa resources without ppl??

and what if ur child has an illness and cna't have children? how on earth is your family tree goign to carry on??? like that, isn't the population going toslow down?

and any way hat r they going to do if ppl do have more than 1 children. fine them and put the child in an orphangae? right. well what differece is it goign to ake to thenpopulation whther the childs in an orphanhae or wid the parents. it's not like they cna kill the child.
in china they r orphanges full of children that don't deserve to be there, all bcoz of that silly law.

an about sending children away 2 militray camp. that should be there choice not any1 elses.

if ppl cna afford to have more than children then y not. alhtugh sum ppl do prefer to have olnly 1 child and nowt's rogn wid that

ok twins r the only instance parent sin china r allowed more thna 1 child. but seriously they shoudl be able ot have as much as they want. goverment are just human at the end of the say, and there stopping somehting natural.

and when ppl get older ppl need their child to look after u. and with only 1 child that's gona be hard.

i conclude by saying it just isn;'t fair. yes about resources and not enough space, but ppl do half the job of getting the resoucred useable. so they need more ppl. and migration, quite a lto of ppl r happy ot migrate, and i think its better with lot's of different ppl form different culture's in a certain place.

Edited by ME_T - 31 October 2005 at 3:28pm
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 31 October 2005 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
I firmly beleive NO ONE ...BUT NO ONE should have the right over your body but YOU YOURSELF !! I condone any goverment that makes ANY damn law that can control your body , whether its no: of children to bear or its abortion !!!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE A UTERUS ......YOU HAVE NO RIGHT IN ISSUES CONCERNING THE UTERUS  !!!!

Edited by indygirl - 31 October 2005 at 7:53pm
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 01 November 2005 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ENY_original

There should be an set age limit for motherhood......

If anyone below the age limit has a child.....the child should be put into temporary adoption.

Why? There are lots of young mothers who end up living in poverty, and that's a terrible turn-off for me.

I believe in the economic advancement of females, especially minorities, and I expect the BEST in all of you young women here.........so the best thing for y'all to do is to wait out parenthood and finish school!!!

And get that money up.........cuz even a dollar or a rupee is hard to earn.
agree with u totally
MonicA#1Actress Goldie
MonicA#1Actress
MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 01 November 2005 at 6:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by hazelgirl

Originally posted by ENY_original

There should be an set age limit for motherhood......

If anyone below the age limit has a child.....the child should be put into temporary adoption.

Why? There are lots of young mothers who end up living in poverty, and that's a terrible turn-off for me.

I believe in the economic advancement of females, especially minorities, and I expect the BEST in all of you young women here.........so the best thing for y'all to do is to wait out parenthood and finish school!!!

And get that money up.........cuz even a dollar or a rupee is hard to earn.
agree with u totally

I second that . . . . .

What if you have triplets or twins, will you have to kill the "extra" children? And most probably the female will be the first to go in most cases! It is a women's body and it isup to her if she wants to have more kids!

sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 01 November 2005 at 7:13am | IP Logged
i guess it's a good policy... coz its's now or never... we've seen what overpopulation can do to a country... INDIA is proof of that...
and we have seen what good control measures can do for a country... CHINA is proof...

Go to top