Celebrity Fan Clubs

"My Name is Khan"(Promo for a Promo added) (Page 146)

Post Reply New Post

Page 146 of 150

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lalixlili

Originally posted by Zareena

oh my Goodness, people find excuses to bring srk down lol

If some actor plays a mentally challenge role then wow he's doing something different but if Srk do something different, it calls he is making fun of challenged ppl.

Don't understand that!!!!

SRK was reproached of playing Raj&Rahul and playing safe all the time now he's trying to show his acting skills (I mean confirm) and some people are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO negative!!!!ConfusedConfusedConfused

They say that Karan paid Indian times to write the praising article --- maybe the journalist who wrote liked the promo huh?????DeadI hate some comments they say that Karan should stick to candy floss --- and so on!!!

SRKajol will offer us something new and different and everyone goes "Forrest Gump"Rainman"New-York" just read the kit press and y'll know that it's a complete different story!!!!

It's not because that you (I mean some people) have cinematographic culture which permits to make comparisons that it's the case for everyone.. and that the comparisons are relevant - I think they're not ....

Rain man is about an autistic that has talent for Black Jack and counting things pretty fast

Forrest gump is about a boy who's less intelligent than regular people and he lives all the important US events occured during the 60's/70's/80's....

New York is about how a regular man turns into a terrorist after being mistaken for one

That's not the story of MNIK!!!

I agree! this is not the first time people are bringing down. They did the same with RNBDJ!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""My Name is Khan"(Promo for a Promo added) (Page 146)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lalixlili

Last Tweet of Kjo guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

<FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><FONT color=#9900cc>just shot with SRK for LIFT KARA DE and told him all the promo tweets!! he was thrilled!! </FONT></FONT></FONT>

lift kara de!! OMG what is that? promotion? it reminded me of Adnan's lift kara de hahaha LOL

lalixlily

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
My Name is Khan is impressive

The theatrical trailer for Karan Johar's [ Images ] upcoming film opens with shots of an autistic Tanay Chheda, the kid going from Aamir Khan's [ Images ] Taare Zameen Par [ Images ] to Danny Boyle's [ Images ] Slumdog Millionaire [ Images ] to playing the young Shah Rukh Khan [ Images ] in this film.

His mother tells him that there are only two kinds of people in the world, the good and the bad.

Cut to rain and tears on the grown Khan's face, and his voiceover calling himself different but not mad, very intelligent.

As he taps his forehead and calls himself 'very smart', SRK [ Images ] looks to be in fine form. The narrative continues as we see an increasingly romantic montage of shots of him and Kajol [ Images ].

Then one day... cut to dramatically scored serious montage. Images of death, mourning, 9/11. And then a rather painful shriek from Kajol.

Then Khan is being racially profiled and strip-searched in an American airport, and ask why he wants to go to Washington. His answer? He has something to say to the President.

The next montage -- each is bigger than the next -- shows him trying to meet the President, a move the voiceover tells us will help him win Kajol back. He gets an elbow to the face, and is clearly going through a lot.

The shots are all heavily designed frames, and Ravi K Chandran isn't skimping on the spectacular. The promo ends with Shah Rukh saying, 'My name is Khan, and I'm not a terrorist.'

It's a big, impressive trailer showing off an ambitious film of great scale.

Shah Rukh, as said, is looking sincere and committed, but it's an easy role to really flub up. As is the director's.

My Name Is Khan is clearly the kind of film that will either be groundbreaking or groanworthy, and it's the biggest risk of Karan Johar's career. We hope it's the former.

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2009/dec/17/promo-review-my-name-is-khan.htm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Zoya-

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan, the King of bollywood who rules the hearts of countless fans through his towering acting in movies, is all set to storm the box office with his superb but seemingly painful performance in Karan Johar's upcoming magnum opus 'My Name Is Khan'.

As the trailer of 'My Name Is Khan' shows clearly, King Khan has successfully conveyed the pain of being racially profiled in a country that boasts about itself to be the biggest protector of individual freedom in the world. The first look of the trailer shows Shah Rukh Khan (Rizwan Khan) undergoing strip search (much like SRK was subjected to recently in the US at Newark airport) in the United States of America.

The pain and the dilemma of being subjected to such a humiliating treatment just because he wants to go to Washington to meet the US President, comes clearly through King Khan's facial expressions. SRK's chemistry with Kajol(Mandira in the flick) is crackling to say the least.

The first look of the trailer of 'My Name Is Khan' gives ample proof that Shah Rukh Khan's magical equation with Kajol, which was adored by the audiences in Yashraj Films' 'DDLJ', continues unabated in this flick too. Kajol's painful crying at the maltreatment of Rizwan Khan in the flick is worth a thousand words said.

And who can forget Shah Rukh Khan's innocent and desperate pleadings with security agencies that his name was 'Khan but he was not a terrorist'. He just wanted to meet the US President as he believed that it would help him in reuniting with lady love Kajol (Mandira).

It seems Karan Johar has tried to showcase the changing behavioral patterns of US securities agencies in the wake of 9/11 New York attack. Shah Rukh Khan's powerful display of his humiliation in the US just because his name had an Islamic touch, will certainly go a long way in focusing the attention of the world to this unfortunate phenomenon.

The theatrical release of the trailer of this Shah Rukh Khan's flick is scheduled with the release of James Cameron's 'Avatar', which is releasing worldwide tomorrow. As both the flicks are being released by Fox Star, it was easy to combine the two biggies in a package.

'My Name Is Khan' has Shah Rukh Khan playing an autistic child at the initial stages of the flick. Kajol is shown showering her affections even at that time. In any case, Karan Johar, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol have never failed to create magic on the celluloid( recall 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' etc)

The movie is due for a worldwide release on February 12 next year.

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200912175391/stardust/scoop-of-the-day/my-name-is-shah-rukh-khan-not-a-terrorist-wants-to-meet-us-president.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Zoya-

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Zaru - Thanks yaar! I'm not really back yet... still am really inactive but now got a little more time so thought of spending it on IF!

Guys, don't worry about the attacks. Only people that are important enough are attacked because others know remarks against those people will generate a huge response and anger and that's what they want.  So just ignore.

SRK has touched my heart (And I'm sure yours too) several times with his Raj/Rahul type performances and then of course as Suri! That's all that matters.

I thought he seemed very genuinely the autistic Rizwan... It's NOT making fun of anything, it's about portraying a special character, a character with challenges. And I think SRK has done that with utmost sincerity.

-Mahi

-Zoya-

IF-Rockerz

-Zoya-

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ratika89

Originally posted by Suhana Ahmed

right you are RAtika...
Zoya says thanx for appreciating... she went to sleep otherwise she wud have herself thanked you...
waise aint my sis talented??? this was her first try... and turned out to be awesome...
SRKajol MAgic i guess....

Ok i make my statement for your sis...U thre are jaadugar..(srk, kajol and Zoya)Big smile
Thanx a lot Ratika....
Glad that you liked them...
Thanx for counting ma name with SRKajol...
You dont know how much happy I am now...

Take Care
Zoya

-Zoya-

IF-Rockerz

-Zoya-

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Awwww adorable avis, Zoya!

I'm in love with this promo!

Great to see this FC being so active after sooo long!

-Mahi
Thanx dear...
Me too loved the promo
It has made me restless...
Cant wait till 12th feb...

Take Care
Zoya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top